Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz points valuation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Hertz points valuation

How do people value Hertz points these days? Are 750 per day redemptions even still around? Everything I'm checking is 1500.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 1:58 pm

On occasion earlier this year I was able to make redemptions for 750 per day. Obviously one should take into consideration Hertz's "peak rental day periods" (which cover most of this summer), when the 750 standard award amount is an extremely rare commodity... use the below link to search for your applicable location.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/misc/...t_calendar.jsp
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I recently made a points reservation at LAX for 750 points. I don’t recall what the vehicle would have cost in cash - maybe $90. Not sure if that is a great deal - it was the first time I ever booked with points.

The value was pretty much driven down to zero due to the amount of time it took me to get it booked. Is there really no way to use the apps (Android or iOS) to make an award reservation? Or even Safari on the iPad? I finally managed to get it to work on my laptop. I still have about 9000 points and plan on burning them down over the course of the next year. Since I haven’t seen any cheap rentals in a while, I will just take whatever award I can get at the 750 points rate.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Is there really no way to use the apps (Android or iOS) to make an award reservation? Or even Safari on the iPad? I finally managed to get it to work on my laptop.
I can make points bookings on my Android phone just fine. Just go through the normal booking flow and on the last screen there's a dropdown to use points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.