Wiki Posts
Search

Oracle Corporate Discount Code

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2023 | 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Oracle Corporate Discount Code

I do contract work for Oracle, and they book me using their corporate discount code with Hertz. I was reading the fine print, and it appears some type of collision coverage is included with the Oracle corporate code. I assume this would be in addition to my Visa Card coverage too. Does anyone know more specifically what kind of coverage the Oracle corporate code offers with Hertz? I have been unable to find out the specifics of the coverage.
Old Mar 10, 2023 | 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
40 Countries Visited3M20 Years on Site

You would be best confirming with Oracle what it offers on Business bookings and what it offers on Leisure bookings

For business bookings, I would expect that it provides LDW with no excess as well as liability coverage. For personal, it may still offer LDW but should check. I doubt very much that it would be relying on the employee/contractor to be liable for loss and then be claimed against the company as an expense

If you make a booking and call reservations, it should be able to confirm inclusions and excesses payable
Old Mar 13, 2023 | 5:21 pm

If you are renting on business and get in an accident, part of the Hertz process is to confirm with Oracle that you were in fact on business for them. If you misused that privilege and applied the CDP when you weren't entitled to it, not only will you be on the hook for damages, but you'll also be on the permanent DNR. If you are renting on business, it's usually included in the rate, so no need to use your VISA as coverage.

Ultimately, if you want to know what Oracle provides while on rental, confirm with whoever at your company provided you with the Oracle CDP; they are always provided with everything you need to know.

I'm a former Hertz employee who had responsibilities in the operation, but also did stints in the body damage department and collections as well. This info was current as of 2 years ago. It's a slow moving company and i'm still fairly connected. Things don't change often so i'd say my advice may still be relevant.
Old May 4, 2023 | 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by frequentflyer17
If you are renting on business and get in an accident, part of the Hertz process is to confirm with Oracle that you were in fact on business for them. If you misused that privilege and applied the CDP when you weren't entitled to it, not only will you be on the hook for damages, but you'll also be on the permanent DNR. If you are renting on business, it's usually included in the rate, so no need to use your VISA as coverage.

Ultimately, if you want to know what Oracle provides while on rental, confirm with whoever at your company provided you with the Oracle CDP; they are always provided with everything you need to know.

I'm a former Hertz employee who had responsibilities in the operation, but also did stints in the body damage department and collections as well. This info was current as of 2 years ago. It's a slow moving company and i'm still fairly connected. Things don't change often so i'd say my advice may still be relevant.
Thanks for this. I use my card that covers in case of an accident, so if you guys deny the CDP, I assume my card would pick up the damages
Old May 4, 2023 | 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Thanks for this. I use my card that covers in case of an accident, so if you guys deny the CDP, I assume my card would pick up the damages
In order to activate your credit card's rental-car insurance, don't you have to decline the rental company's LDW? Not sure how you can do that if you rent on a rate that includes LDW. And if the rental company subsequently denies coverage because you were not traveling on company business, I would not count on the credit card's coverage to then take effect.
expert7700 and NWplatinum like this.
Old May 4, 2023 | 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
40 Countries Visited3M20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
If you are eligible to use the discount code for personal trups, then any LDW included in rate for personal rentals will apply, so no need to worry about card coverage
If you are ineligible to use the code , then given that the rental will not have be in accordance with terms, I suspect that the card company will reject the claim
expert7700 likes this.
Old May 5, 2023 | 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
In order to activate your credit card's rental-car insurance, don't you have to decline the rental company's LDW? Not sure how you can do that if you rent on a rate that includes LDW. And if the rental company subsequently denies coverage because you were not traveling on company business, I would not count on the credit card's coverage to then take effect.
This is a question I had. It does say you need to decline the collision coverage. But with the Oracle code, collision coverage is included, so you can’t waive it. If the person who works for Hertz said above to use my visa, that’s what I’ll stick to. That and driving safe.

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If you are eligible to use the discount code for personal trups, then any LDW included in rate for personal rentals will apply, so no need to worry about card coverage
If you are ineligible to use the code , then given that the rental will not have be in accordance with terms, I suspect that the card company will reject the claim
If they did deny the claim assuming they didn’t cover the oracle collision coverage I would sue. It’s part of the benefit you’re paying for and I don’t have the ability to waive the collision coverage.

Im also curious what kind of “investigation” Hertz would do to determine you don’t apply for the corporate code that comes with collision coverage. What if I am a third party vendor for Oracle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.