Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Not receiving any Hertz emails (not a spam folder issue)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond

Wow it's been a long time being off the road and daily reads of FT!

Not my first rodeo but I'm not getting any emails out of Hertz for 2 bookings I have.

I have all the rezy info accessible via web and app. I also have the bookings in my Apple Wallet. That's not the issue. The issue seems to be getting any emails to me from Hertz. Again not my first rodeo so I have used the app to update the bookings with flight info and that triggers fresh emails. I have checked my email address in my profile and it is correct. I have called Hertz and had the CS agent email me the booking info for both to the same address in the record but I made them type it in from scratch. no luck.

So you think- "ah spam issue" or some such blocking? Not so fast. I used the app to forward the bookings to plans at tripit, my wife's yahoo email address, and my corporate work email address along with another personal account. So at least 4 different email addresses plus from my profile addy attempted and no emails received anywhere to 5 addresses. Hard to think with multiple domains and addresses this is something on my end. Even blacklisted I'd think my wife's email address would have worked as at least 2 of these addresses they have never seen before. The booking from Avis worked as expected so I guess there's that but doesn't help with the 2 Hertz bookings I have.

Why do I care if I have the data elsewhere? Well for 1, I think their emails should work. 2- I just wanted to be able to forward the bookings into TripIt so I could have a combined itinerary to hard copy for elderly parents who want to know where we will be.

As a side note, apparently TripIt doesn't parse / scrape .pdf files sent to them as alternatives to an email. No big deal but would be a nice feature.

Any help suggestions or feedback appreciated.

-Wingrider

Last edited by Wingrider; Sep 26, 2023 at 11:34 am
Old Oct 1, 2023, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I have had that issue for some time and I needed to turn on all the marketing preferences to get the Emails again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.