Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Transfer of Hilton Honors Points to American AAdvantage Miles: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer of Hilton Honors Points to American AAdvantage Miles: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 4:09 am

Any recent experience, as to how long it takes for them to complete the transfer? I and many others who are trying to make lifetime status on AA (before the dreaded changes take effect) thank you!
Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
About 2 weeks, but according to AA CSR the post date would be effective the date of transfer, not the 2 weeks date.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:50 am

I'm interpreting "date of transfer" as either the day HH submits its request to AA, or the day AA actually credits my account. If the former, my credit would be dated very close to the day of my request to HH, but if the latter, it'll be dated a little under two weeks. Either way, I'll see it on my account in about fourteen days. And either way, thank you, Elkhornne, for such a quick response. It did help.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Anyone else having problems transferring miles out of HH? I've been trying for a couple of days and keep getting an error message.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: AA LT Plat - 2MM;HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bosman
Anyone else having problems transferring miles out of HH? I've been trying for a couple of days and keep getting an error message.
Yes, so I called in on Sunday and transferred some over the phone.

Dan
Old Apr 28, 2011, 4:11 pm

Programs: Alaska, United, Delta, Amtrak, Southwest, American Airlines
Does anyone know if the name of the HH account must be the same as the name of the airline miles account?

I want to transfer HH for AA miles - to a relative's AA mileage account. I wonder if i change the AA account number ( to that of the relative in question) in my HH account profile, will I be able to then transfer HH points to the AA account of my relative?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Likemiles
Any recent experience, as to how long it takes for them to complete the transfer? I and many others who are trying to make lifetime status on AA (before the dreaded changes take effect) thank you!
3 days for me.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
Current HH conversion rate to AA

Is it still 1.5 to 10?

Just found it on their website. Still the same.

Last edited by Maui Time; Jun 18, 2011 at 12:13 pm
Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA & Aeroplan
How long to transfer HHonors to AAdvantage

I was on the phone the other day with AAvantage and I asked them how long it would take for my HHonors points to transfer into miles and they told me it could take up to 8 weeks although it shouldn't actually take that long, I was wondering if anyone else has any previous experience transferring HHonors into AAdvantage miles and how long does it usually take. I've been waiting just under a month, I've transferred HHonors into Aeroplan before and that only took a week.

I tried to google this but I couldn't find anything.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
How long to transfer HHonors to AAdvantage

My HH to AA transfer in Oct 2014 took 5 days
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
This is really about Hilton and transfer of HHonors points to an airline, so we'll move it to the proper forum for clearer unput.

/Moderator
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I recently requested HH (via email, as instructed on the website) to transfer 500K points to AA.

HH responded quickly (within a day), and gave me 5 reference numbers (the transfer was broken into 5 100K transfers). Unfortunately, I have a very bad feeling about this - In about a day or 2, I see the first transfer in my AA account. However, as of today (about 10 days later), I still only see 1 transfer.
HH say to allow 30 days from the date of transfer...

Any other data point/experience?

In case anyone was wondering - In my travels for the last 5 years, I found exactly 1 opportunity to use my HH points as better/as good value as ICH or paying cash. I know that HH redemption is slightly better value than converting 500K points to 75K AA miles, but I have a whole bunch of IHG points as well, and even with the latest AA devaluation, I see AA miles as more valuable than HH points. I use it for business class trans-pacific travel for my aging parents. For personal travel, I tend to stay in the cheapest (safe and clean) property in the area I'm travelling in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.