Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Executive Lounge and Club Ratings, Reports and Reviews: The Best and The Worst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Lounge and Club Ratings, Reports and Reviews: The Best and The Worst

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2005, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by drron
Hilton Kuala lumpur.If there is a better lounge at a hilton it must be truly fantastic.The breakfast is superb,snacks throughout the day-staff will even make you a capuccino at any time,and the evening snacks just fabulous with wine,beer and spirits free.A large lounge,good views and very efficient staff.
Yes, the lounge at the KL Hilton is very good. Definitely one of the nicest I've ever been to.
Free internet, too.

The lounge at the Phuket Hilton isn't too bad either. They have a happy hour in the evening where you can get two cocktails for free. Small but good selection of snacks and free internet.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 3:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Thumbs up Hilton Toronto

Just checked out of the Hilton Toronto.
Their lounge has recently been renovated. This was my first stay so do not know what it had been like, other then from reading other's posts.

I believe the pool table is no longer there, at least I did not notice it. I think that the area it could have been in, has been turned into a meeting area, long table w/ chairs around it.
I had been upgraded to exec floor, I assume, since I was given access to lounge - 31st floor (from reading other Hilton Toronto threads there was concern that if you were not upgraded or did not pay for the exec floor you would not get access to exec lounge).
In my room there was a full page letter introducing the staff at the exec lounge by name and letting you know their hours of operation and that they were available to help you. I found this very helpful, hours of operation and a general idea of what would be served. As I many times can not remember if this or that exec lounge hours are from 5-8 or 4-7 or what have you. This one was open until 11pm (as is the hotel pool).
The lounge is very nicely decorated, asian influence. The food was good as well. Sushi, spring rolls, hot sausage, cheese / crackers, fruits, veggies and large chocolate chip cookies. Several types of soda were available, they had 3-4 different beers, 5-6 different types of liquor (w/ instructions on how to make a couple different martinis) as well as about 8-10 different types of tea and then coffee. It is an open bar, as stated in their welcome letter.
They had two computers w/ Net access available.
They have a 40-ish inch flat panel tv in the area away from the food.
When you enter they ask for your room # and last name.
I was greeted three times by three different ppl within the first two minutes I was in the lounge. Everyone was very friendly and helpful (asked for directions for the best place to see a slice of Toronto, two employees conferred with each other weighing the pros and cons of a couple different directions - actually seeming interested in me enjoying myself. Queen St. West was the final decision. Good choice! They even asked me to come back when I was finished with the walk and let them know how I liked it).
Great view of either the Lake or of the city, depending on where you sit.
There were probably only 10 people in there at any given time, it could have held twice that comfortably.

If I wasn't trying to maximize my hotel stays I would be staying there again tonight, instead of the HI&S at the airport.

Last edited by infinityplusone; Jun 4, 2005 at 3:27 pm
Old Jun 4, 2005, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Originally Posted by BigLar
Just recently back from Rome - the Cavalieri.

Everything they say about the lounge is correct! It's fantastic. My wife swears she'll remember our experience there until they plant her.
I'll second the Rome Cavalieri. The best one on the planet! Huge lounge with verandas overlooking the city. Plenty of papers and magazines in English. Open all day with breakfast and snacks for early dinner. No charge for alcohol. Tremendous lounge, as is the entire hotel. Did I mention that I liked the place?
Old Jun 4, 2005, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by srk123
I'll second the Rome Cavalieri. The best one on the planet! Huge lounge with verandas overlooking the city. Plenty of papers and magazines in English. Open all day with breakfast and snacks for early dinner. No charge for alcohol. Tremendous lounge, as is the entire hotel. Did I mention that I liked the place?
I'll look forward to Rome in the fall, but so far my vote is for Buenos Aires. Nothing like it in the US. Big, lots of food and drink, with a BIG American breakfast. Nice outdoor patio overlooking the pool. Even has a pool table. I'm not big on exec lounges, but this one I will remember. The Buenos Aires Hilton is overall one of the best I've ever been in. Rome would have to go a long way to top it.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 12:14 am

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Originally Posted by flyinbob
I'll look forward to Rome in the fall, but so far my vote is for Buenos Aires. Nothing like it in the US. Big, lots of food and drink, with a BIG American breakfast. Nice outdoor patio overlooking the pool. Even has a pool table. I'm not big on exec lounges, but this one I will remember. The Buenos Aires Hilton is overall one of the best I've ever been in. Rome would have to go a long way to top it.
I'm actually going to Buenos Aires next Feb for a 6-nt award stay, so I'll let you know my opinion of their lounge, and you let me know your take on Rome. Not even having seen Buenos Aires', I'll bet you'll like Rome's better.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Free Drinks at the Drake Lounge?

I noticed that the web site for the Drake lists "open bar" as one of the perks of the executive lounge. Are the alcoholic beverages really gratis? Or is that their way of saying the bar is on an honor system where your drink charges are added to your room bill?
Old Jun 5, 2005, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
I noticed that the web site for the Drake lists "open bar" as one of the perks of the executive lounge. Are the alcoholic beverages really gratis? Or is that their way of saying the bar is on an honor system where your drink charges are added to your room bill?
The drinks in the executive lounge at the Drake are indeed free. The bottles are within easy reach for self serve but there is typically an attendant behind the bar as well.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 8:18 pm

Programs: Ex-Continental Platinum Elite, HHonors Diamond Preferential VIP, Former Continental Platinum Elite
Cool No robotic beer machine at the Drake?

Originally Posted by LarryU
The drinks in the executive lounge at the Drake are indeed free. The bottles are within easy reach for self serve but there is typically an attendant behind the bar as well.
An attendant behind the bar? No robotic beer machine LarryU? Bummer. In all seriousness, great views of Lake Michigan from the Drake as far as I can remember.

This forum is interesting, after reading quite a number of my FT colleagues raving about the Cavalieri lounge and as I will be there next week, I will certainly make it a point to indulge myself in their Roman hospitality.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*A G, Hilton Diamond, *Wood Platinum
Hilton Exec Lounge Ratings

First off - I'm new to this forum, so if a similar thread exists please let me know.

I just made diamond from business stays in London and Munich. Now I'm planning to leverage that for some much needed vacation. My experience is that executive lounges at different properties can vary what they offer.

In the hopes of getting an interesting thread started - here's my opinion of the lounges at the two Hiltons in Munich -

Hilton Munich Park - This is my favorite of the two hotels in Munich. The lounge is full service and has a free full bar all day long. The breakfast buffet has both hot and cold items and the afternoon snacks are enough for a dinner meal. The staff is laid back and very freindly. I never have a problem bringing guests for a drink.

Hilton Munich City - This lounge has been recently renovated (along with the rooms) in a sort of Scandinavian style. It has a self-service bar with wine and beer available all the time, but liqour only during certain hours in the evening. They are also very strict about checking in at the entrance. They allowed me a guest, but charged for their beer

What are your favorite/least favorite lounges?

Has anyone been to the Prague Hilton? How would you rate their lounge compared to others?
Old Aug 3, 2005, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At the risk of sounding like a right prat, I humbly suggest you try the search function. There have been many, many, many discussions of the various lounges throughout the world. Some folks get really passionate about it.

And welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Aug 3, 2005, 2:10 pm
gof

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Gold
**Hilton Hasbrouck Heights/Meadowlands
I've stayed there twice recently. Lounge seemed to simply be a converted room. Small, not really worth mentioning. Then again, the entire hotel was not notable.
Second stay was about two weeks ago. They are apparently rennovating the hotel now. Lounge (entire floor) torn up and not available. No temporary facilities. Had to ask about breakfast at which time they offered me a coupon to the restaurant in the ground floor. Not a good place to stay for the cost right now. I'd recommend elsewhere.
Note: One thing going for this hotel is free internet service

**Hilton Parsippany
Just back from there. Nice staff, plenty of room, decent eats and drinks.
One note for those who've been considering selecting the myway "1,000 points instead of lounge/upgrades" option expecting the hotel to overlook it, don't do it here. They had a note on my account stating no lounge access. They said they'd switch it for me this time.
Oh, and no free internet access Seems to me this should be a selling point for hotels these days.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*A G, Hilton Diamond, *Wood Platinum
Originally Posted by BigLar
At the risk of sounding like a right prat, I humbly suggest you try the search function. There have been many, many, many discussions of the various lounges throughout the world. Some folks get really passionate about it.

And welcome to Flyertalk!
I stand appropriatly chastised! In my defense - I did try the search function before I signed up as a member and it is different from the one that appears after you log in. I've now been able to find all the great threads you refer to. Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2005, 6:22 am

Programs: LH FTL, PC Platinum, HH Diamond, MR Silver
Originally Posted by oban89
...Hilton Munich City - This lounge has been recently renovated (along with the rooms) in a sort of Scandinavian style. It has a self-service bar with wine and beer available all the time, but liqour only during certain hours in the evening. They are also very strict about checking in at the entrance. They allowed me a guest, but charged for their beer
Yes, some of the staff could could ask for the room number in a more welcoming way.

When I asked them about bringing guests I was told that I can bring one guest for free (incl. drinks) but would have to pay for a second person.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 11:23 am

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I enjoyed the Executive Lounge at:

Hilton Berlin: Top floor corner with views of GendarmenMarkt. Nice breakfast spread (though I chose to have the hot breakfast downstairs for free as Gold member), complimentary drinks and snacks all day, plus a nice assortment of hor d'oeurves in the evening.

Hilton Paris Tour Eiffel: Top floor lounge with balcony views of the Tour Eiffel. Nice breakfast spread, all day snacks and beverages. Complimentary alcohol in evenings including champagne. I was allowed two complimentary guests to the Lounge and they were not charged for anything.

Waldorf-Astoria: The Astoria Lounge on the 26th Floor is very nice with a nice breakfast spread and very good (and filling) evening appetizers. Non-alcoholic drinks are free, but beer, wine and all other liquor is charged on consumption.

Very very average lounge is the one in the Hilton Bonaventure Montreal. Small lounge with average snacks.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 11:42 am

Programs: One Pass, SGP, HHonors,HGP
Prague Hilton executive floor >> Just returned from Prague last week. The Ex lounge is on 8th floor and is huge. Perhaps the best Hilton lounge I have even seen. The hotel has some construction going on but the 8th floor is not affected, they have 3 complimentary pc's to use as well. Anyways excellent service in Lounge Barbara is a very nice server I met while there, caters to your every need, they all do. Full cooked to order breakfasts, cocktails, sodas, snacks. Breakfasts kick butt, far better than most European hotels offer. Let me know if you have any other questions. PS executive level rooms can be on floors 6-7-8 and are nothing special. All floors are key card controlled so no key no elevator access in the hotel. I forgot my key a few times and this was frustrating a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.