Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Executive Lounge and Club Ratings, Reports and Reviews: The Best and The Worst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Lounge and Club Ratings, Reports and Reviews: The Best and The Worst

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 8:24 pm

Hilton Lounge Locations

Does anyone know where you can get a list of Hilton Exec lounges? Being gold level on several chains, lounge availability makes a big difference, cant seem to find a definitive list anywhere.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Hilton Istanbul Great. Hilton NY Lousy.

The Hilton Istanbul lounge is the nicest part of a very nice hotel. Very large room, great staff, good breakfast spread, four computer terminals, other nice amenities and dynamite views.

I only visited the Hilton NY lounge once, for breakfast, so can't comment on what it's like the rest of the day. But the meager pickings, the overcrowded ambiance and the assembly line process made it the worst Hilton lounge I've ever visited.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:14 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Hilton Barcelona Diagonal Mar

A wonderful lounge, breakfast on the terrace high in the air, nice evening snacks. Wine and beer all day. Great spot.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Major thumbs up to both the Conrad HKG and Conrad SIN. I actually liked the Conrad SIN lounge better as it is much bigger and had better food (rotated the selection each day).

But both lounges had excellent service (as typical of Asia), wonderful food, and was not ever too crowded.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Thumbs down for palmer house on weekends

I use to like the Palmer houses lounge but the past few years it's gone downhill.

A lot of it is due to the NOR-1 upgrades I think. When I used to get access on a non EL floor when I was gold before they eliminated the benefit, the lounge was never that crowded. I hate to imagine what it would be like now if they still gave golds that aren't upgraded access as far as crowds go.

The lounge seems to be filled up with a lot of kids now and it's almost impossible to get on the public terminals to check email or print a boarding pass becuase there are kids on there playing their games. The congiere used to be there a lot but now you only see her for a few hours on saturday on a weekend (that used to be a really nice benefit for a boarding pass or if you needed info seeing there is always a line on the lobby level congiere desk).

Last stay you couldn't even find a table at breakfast and I asked the one employee if they had trays. I was told I could use the tray in my room that the ice bucket was on. Problem was I had to go to the 7th or 8th floor and then switch to another elevator to go to my floor and my room was at the end so it could easily take me a good ten minutes to do that.

I also think the drink prices are absurd for as stingy as they are with the alcohol. A screwdriver with absolut was something like $10 and it was an even shot of vodka (I guess most hotels bars charge that though).

This lounge could be nice if they had better control over the crowds.

You also have to ask for bottled water as well.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, …
Hilton Muich Park: small but very nice and usually not too crowded. Breakfast selection was limited.

Conrad Bangkok: very nice big lounge with good food selection. 4 apple computers with free internet. Separate meeting room and nice views. Afternoon tea is great! Food quality at the lounge in general is superb! They also have a small selection of books and DVDs you can borrow.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
Hilton Jumeirah Beach executive lounge is very nice with a good selection at breakfast, great afternoon tea then happy hour from 6-8.30. Wonderful staff as well
Old Jul 24, 2010, 2:49 pm
soy

Programs: various
Hilton Berlin, great view, free booze all day, good selection of snacks in the evening.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flo0816
Hilton Muich Park: small but very nice and usually not too crowded. Breakfast selection was limited.
small the lounge is not small by any standards. Not really large, but a good size for this hotel. Very nice lounge

Originally Posted by soy
Hilton Berlin, great view, free booze all day, good selection of snacks in the evening.
this is indeed a great lounge, a like it a lot.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 3:45 am

Programs: UA Gold, FB, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hilton Dusseldorf

Very nice lounge on the 11th floor. Breakfast is ok, cakes and chocolates in the afternoon, and a nice variety of snacks in the evening (until 9 pm). Plenty of choice of (alcoholic) drinks. Lounge closes at 11 pm. Excellent staff.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
Excellent- Orlando Convention Center on Destination Parkway

Excellent domestic exec. lounge that somewhat reminded me of the Rome Cavalieri's lounge is at the Orlando Convention Center Hilton on Destination Parkway. Breakfast had cold cuts, boiled eggs, and everything else one could desire (e.g. macadamia nut granola for the yogurt). The one night we were there they had chicken tenders (fresh not frozen), hi-end veggies (snow pea pods and more), and nuts and some other hot appetizers. Offerings changed later in the evening to fab desserts. There was a self-serve liquor honors bar area. You could self-pour more than a jiggerful. Or self-serve soda pop from the gun. The lounge was quiet and spacious. Beautiful view of Sea World's back door attractions and rides.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:37 pm

Just came back from the Hilton in Walt Disney world, the lounge there only opens during breakfast and have mostly bread, some pastries, and deli meat.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Hilton Salt Lake City Airport

Mentioned as they give free alcohol (not just beer) during the evening reception, and food/drink coupons downstairs on nights the lounge is closed.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by sallyerd
Excellent domestic exec. lounge that somewhat reminded me of the Rome Cavalieri's lounge is at the Orlando Convention Center Hilton on Destination Parkway. Breakfast had cold cuts, boiled eggs, and everything else one could desire (e.g. macadamia nut granola for the yogurt). The one night we were there they had chicken tenders (fresh not frozen), hi-end veggies (snow pea pods and more), and nuts and some other hot appetizers. Offerings changed later in the evening to fab desserts. There was a self-serve liquor honors bar area. You could self-pour more than a jiggerful. Or self-serve soda pop from the gun. The lounge was quiet and spacious. Beautiful view of Sea World's back door attractions and rides.
Any comparison to Rome's Cavlieri lounge is a good one.

Last edited by arietal; Aug 19, 2010 at 12:03 pm
Old Aug 6, 2010, 5:28 am

I have only visited these:

Hilton Prague - amazing!! Plenty of room, alcohol all day and lovely food and nibbles. The staff were really friendly and helpful and we got to know them quite well over our stay. We were on a points stay and were offered breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant. We stuck to the lounge as it had everything we wanted. Loved ordering pancakes and cream mmm

Hilton Kensington - okay - stayed for new year and make sure we stocked up on our drinks before they locked the alcohol fridges on NYE! The nibbles were nothing exciting. Didn't have breakfast in there as rate included full buffett breakfast.

Hilton Canary Wharf - v good - drank way too much wine and vodka the first night we stayed but they had some good nibbles and the staff were freindly. Was nice sitting in the comfy sofas. Again didn't eat breakfast in there as rate included breakfast in the restaurant.

Hilton Gatwick - had to pay £25 to be upgrade to an exec room as my husband was only silver at the time and our rate did not include breakfast so wanted to get my moneys worth! The lounge was comfortable and I manged to drink the £25 worth alone (looking at the prices they were charging after the fridges were locked). Breakfast was only continental which did the trick for our flight that day. Enjoyed the little freezer with ice creams in there, although they were not restocked in the morning!

I think it will take a lot to beat Prague.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.