Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Executive Lounge and Club Ratings, Reports and Reviews: The Best and The Worst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Lounge and Club Ratings, Reports and Reviews: The Best and The Worst

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2003, 10:15 am

Hilton Berlin - good
Hilton Munich Park - Very good and with a great view
Hilton Budapest - very good service and cakes, not so great surroundings
Hilton Vienna Plaza - small and unexciting
Hilton Paddington - awful location underground though ok facilities
Hilton Gatwick - most horrid lounge I ever saw (most horrid hotel I ever experienced, too)
Hilton Copenhaguen Airport - lovely lounge with fireplace, views on aiport and øresund. One of the best in my opinion.
Hilton Zurich Airport - not very impressive although the service is usually very friendly and willing to bend the rules regarding taking drinks to the room
Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Hilton SLC downtown - Excellent, great breakfast!
Hilton SLC airport - Nothing whatsoever of note . It's okay.
Hilton BOS airport - Excellent, nice telescpe for watching stuff at the airport/in the harbor.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 2:15 pm

Hufflepuff, I'm surprised you had such a completely different take on the exec. lounge in Budapest. I agree the food was great, but didn't you think the view from the lounge was also spectacular. In the immediate foreground is the remains of the 13 century monastary, beyond that at the foot of the hill is the Danube and on the other side Pest with a million dollar view of Parliament.
Old Jul 1, 2003, 9:54 pm

1. Rome Cavelari - The best anywhere in the world , hands down. Fantastic view, food, and staff.
2. London Hilton (Park Lane) - Again very very good
3. Conrad Hong Kong
Old Jul 2, 2003, 11:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hhonorman:
Hufflepuff, I'm surprised you had such a completely different take on the exec. lounge in Budapest. I agree the food was great, but didn't you think the view from the lounge was also spectacular. In the immediate foreground is the remains of the 13 century monastary, beyond that at the foot of the hill is the Danube and on the other side Pest with a million dollar view of Parliament. </font>
Sorry, I meant the surroundings as in the "room" the lounge is situated in (which feeld more like a corridor, with everyone walking through to get to their executive level rooms). The view out is indeed quite good, but I had the same from my room window
Old Jul 2, 2003, 11:34 am

Hufflepuff, I agree that the lounge does have a corridor feel to it. Now that I think about it, I was not thrilled about that either, but it wasn't horrible either. It would be nicer if the room wasn't designed that way.
Old Jul 7, 2003, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tk007:
The lounge at the Anaheim Hilton is nothing special but the view of Disneyland is fantastic. And on a night last spring we watched the fireworks from there. The staff turned the lights down and it was great.It made our stay really great.</font>
Just did a three-day Executive Floor stay over the 4th at the Anaheim Hilton (attending an animation convention next door). Been a few years since I (and the convention) was last there, but this was a great experience.

First off, a pleasant surprise at check-out as my rate (booked at Hilton.com) was seventy dollars a night less then I was quoted on the site. The room was quite nice (king room) and they have in-room internet. The turndown service was very nice, and they even stocked the ice bucket (should you decide to partake of the free bottled water).

Room service (breakfast both days) was extremely fast (and the hotel was at 100% loads) - under 20 minutes - and the food was excellent. The main restaurant was also great.

The Executive Lounge was very nice and even with hundreds of rapacious convention goers was always well-stocked. The VIP (I'm a Silver) checkin area was fast and courteous.

One of my best Hilton stays, even if I'd been paying the higher rate.
Old Jul 7, 2003, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
Just had two stays at San Fran Hilton. The morning staff in the Executive Lounge were top notch!!
Old Oct 16, 2003, 3:14 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Great: Conrad BKK
Lousy: Waikoloa Village

------------------
Please have a look at my round-the-world travel blog and leave some comments - thanks :-).
Old Oct 16, 2003, 3:28 am

Hilton Atlanta (Courtland Street): good
Old Oct 16, 2003, 6:19 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Minneapolis Marquette - wwweeeaaakkk

Conversation this a.m. to the attendant:

Me: Any orange juice
Him: No, The squeeze people did not come in last night. Here's some from yesterday.

Me: [Yuck]

---------------

Room is small, unappealing, and has minimal items to choose from morning and night.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 7:05 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I was staying at the Hilton PIT convention center, and had requested a late checkout from a woman in the executive lounge who we'll call Jane Doe. Jane gave me like a 1:00 PM check out, when the real check out time was noon, so not even worth the effort. I ended up checking out of the hotel on time, and stored my luggage.

I returned to the executive lounge at about 5:00PM to have drinks and appetizers with a friend, before catching a late evening flight. I figured Jane would be gone, since I saw her early in the morning. However, she was still working, and she said in a snobbish way "are you registerred with the hotel?" I told her I had checked out today, and she said there was no way they could charge us for drinks if I had checked out. I told her surely there was a way charges could be applied to a bill post-check-out, after all, how do they apply mini bar charges. She then said in a smug way that they could probably figure out how to charge me.

We had our drinks and appetizers, and by the time we left, Jane had gone home for the day. There was another person working, and he said there was no problem with us coming in and that he could apply our tab to my bill.

I was going to write a letter to complain about the experience, but never got around to it. Being Diamond, official policy or not, I don't think it was unreasonable to expect that if I am catching a late flight I could use the lounge. I have very high expectations being top level in a program, and also given that there are very few written benefit differences between HH Gold and Diamond, I expect properties to go above and beyond (and be creative) to further recognize Diamonds in non-published ways.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 7:43 am

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
1. Hilton morristown NJ (its really parsippaney) great lounge
2. Hilton woodland hills (outside van neys ca) great lounge
3. Hilton san jose ca great lounge
Old Oct 16, 2003, 4:14 pm

Hilton San Francisco (Downtown) - Great view of the city (when there's no fog ), great breakfast spread. Stayed there in September '03.

Hilton London Gatwick Airport - Love the carrot/orange juice blend. Nice flat screen TV to see what's happening in the world. Hate the fact that there are only three PC's to work on, as that area gets crowded during the Complimentary Drink hour. Stayed there yesterday.

------------------
The perfect ladies' man is a perfect gentleman.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA Blue forever!
Is there a lounge at the Hilton Green Park in London?
Their bar food is slow, expensive and bad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.