Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Munich Airport {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2023, 7:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2.75MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I see that EL is open until 10pm. Are snacks/drinks out til then, or is there a limited cocktail hour? I probably won't arrive until 7:30-8pm. Have stayed here a few times, but no EL then. TIA!
Old May 18, 2023, 11:37 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I see that EL is open until 10pm. Are snacks/drinks out til then, or is there a limited cocktail hour? I probably won't arrive until 7:30-8pm. Have stayed here a few times, but no EL then. TIA!
Was there a few days ago. I thought the check in staff mentioned 6-8pm for drinks, but I wouldn't swear by it.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 18, 2023, 11:52 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Okay, maybe a quick note on a stay last week. Had booked Twin Room as HH Gold on a corporate rate.

Was upgraded pre-arrival to an Executive King Jr. Suite that includes lounge access and it stuck meaning we got the same room upon check in. The room was in the East Wing and I was told it was one of the recently renovated ones. Good stuff.

Room was good size, two huge 65" or so TVs (too big when in bed) with seating area and table and a lounge chair. The usual two free bottles of water for Silver to Diamond. Overall a nice room and nice upgrade for a Gold, no complaints. Bathroom has shower and tub.

Executive lounge had decent enough offerings with some warm dishes (a mushroom pasta and some cooked fish with veg IIRC), some salad, appetizers and a few cake / dessert bites. One could have made a meal out of it if so desired. Drinks were out from Hofbrau beer in fridge to 2 white wines, two red wines I think and prosecco plus some hard liquor/ spirits. Nothing earth shakingly great, but decent enough.

Breakfast at Social Mountain Hub restaurant quite complete as usual including Bavarian Weisswurst which usually is my final fix before heading back to Asia. OJ is fresh so thumbs up for that.

We also had dinner at Social Mountain Hub restaurant and there is no dining discount for HHonors members like in APAC. Food okay (asparagus, seasonal menu), service perfunctory, but watch out on the water. We made the mistake to take them up on the "mineral water" being offered before seeing the menu and they really dare to charge 11€ for a 0.75l bottle of San Pellegrino. Even the table (aka tap) water comes at 4/6€ cost as still or carbonated so read the menu first or stick to beer as two 0.5l specialty beers would have been cheaper than the San Pellegrino (not that we knew it was that brand). A cheeky omission by staff to the unsuspecting guest as even some Michelin star restaurants charge well under 10€ for a bottle of mineral water. Overall the dinning at the restaurant is a bit overpriced, even for a captive audience. YMMV.
rob2654 and kahuna1993 like this.

Last edited by demue; May 19, 2023 at 10:12 am
Old Sep 25, 2023, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I will be staying at this hotel for one night in November with my wife, young daughter, and 80 year old mother in law. We booked connecting rooms; nice feature to be able to take advantage of Hilton!

I know this is close to the airport. We'll be arriving in T2 from Prague on LH, and then flying out of T1 to Charlotte on AA.

Can anyone please share information / details on how we will get to the hotel from T2, and then back the following day to T1? I'm not that familiar with the MUC airport. Do we need to walk outside, for example, or will we be inside for the walk to/from the hotel? Should I consider a cab or shuttle vs. walking? All of us are in good shape; no mobility problems (yet!).

Also, if we want to get to Mairenplatz to see the Christmas market, it looks like we walk from the hotel to the MUC metro stop, then take S8 into town. How long of a walk is it from the hotel to the metro stop at the airport?

Thank you for any information you can share.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by dingo
I know this is close to the airport. We'll be arriving in T2 from Prague on LH, and then flying out of T1 to Charlotte on AA.

Can anyone please share information / details on how we will get to the hotel from T2, and then back the following day to T1? I'm not that familiar with the MUC airport. Do we need to walk outside, for example, or will we be inside for the walk to/from the hotel? Should I consider a cab or shuttle vs. walking? All of us are in good shape; no mobility problems (yet!).

Also, if we want to get to Mairenplatz to see the Christmas market, it looks like we walk from the hotel to the MUC metro stop, then take S8 into town. How long of a walk is it from the hotel to the metro stop at the airport?

The Hilton is directly connected to the airport (more or less) and is basically a 5 min walk from any of those points, T1, T2, and the S-bahn station.

You definitely do not need a taxi, not that any taxi would actually drive you there as it's so close.

When you exit T2 go towards the right and look for signs, there is a covered passageway to the hotel on the arrivals level.

From the hotel to T1 or the S-bahn just go outside from the lobby and hang a right.

You can always pull up the hotel on something like Google Maps satellite view to give you an idea of where it sits in relation to T1 and T2.
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The Hilton is directly connected to the airport (more or less) and is basically a 5 min walk from any of those points, T1, T2, and the S-bahn station.

You definitely do not need a taxi, not that any taxi would actually drive you there as it's so close.

When you exit T2 go towards the right and look for signs, there is a covered passageway to the hotel on the arrivals level.

From the hotel to T1 or the S-bahn just go outside from the lobby and hang a right.

You can always pull up the hotel on something like Google Maps satellite view to give you an idea of where it sits in relation to T1 and T2.
This recent review from OMAT is pretty good and should give you a better (visual) idea of how the hotel is located in terms of the the terminals:

https://onemileatatime.com/reviews/h...unich-airport/
HawaiiO likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
I will be staying at this hotel for one night in November with my wife, young daughter, and 80 year old mother in law. We booked connecting rooms; nice feature to be able to take advantage of Hilton!

You already have replies re the proximity of the hotel. To get to Marienplatz, the S bach station is under T1. There will be a smalll Christmas market between the terminals at that time with an ice rink (if previous years are to go by). Take an S8 or S1 train. Both go to where you want to go but in different directions. You might also try getting off at RosenheimerPlatz. There is a another Christmas market nearby which I prefer.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by Truffles
There is a another Christmas market nearby which I prefer.
Why do you prefer that one? I've only limited experience with markets: Vienna and FRA last year. My daughter loved FRA; I think because it was much larger than any of the ones we went to in VIE. "More Christmasy" is how she described it.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 5:48 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Why do you prefer that one? I've only limited experience with markets: Vienna and FRA last year. My daughter loved FRA; I think because it was much larger than any of the ones we went to in VIE. "More Christmasy" is how she described it.
Marienplatz is rather touristy with a few too many wooden toy stalls for my liking, but it is larger. I read somewhere that Munich has over 40 Christmas markets. I found a guide to some of them at https://www.munich.travel/en/topics/...istmas-markets.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone have an email address for this property? Looking for a marketing or sales email (not a general reservations email).
Also, does anyone have a special reservations code for a discount that is open to anyone?
Old Nov 4, 2023, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does anyone have an email address for this property? Looking for a marketing or sales email (not a general reservations email).
Also, does anyone have a special reservations code for a discount that is open to anyone?

You can try these:

Mountain Hub <[email protected]>

[email protected]
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2023, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Very impressed with the Hilton Munich Airport. Short walk from T2. LH put me up there with a voucher due to a MUC-EWR cancellation on Nov 7, 2023.

Beds super comfortable, bathroom beautiful - I particularly liked the heated floor. Room lighting options are great (once you figure out the switches).

Was just an overnight stay for about 8-10 hours but was perfect.

Room

Bathroom
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by seanp7
Very impressed with the Hilton Munich Airport. Short walk from T2. LH put me up there with a voucher due to a MUC-EWR cancellation on Nov 7, 2023.

Beds super comfortable, bathroom beautiful - I particularly liked the heated floor. Room lighting options are great (once you figure out the switches).

Was just an overnight stay for about 8-10 hours but was perfect.

Room

Bathroom
when you say the bed was comfortable, do you mean to say it was soft? Everyone's idea of comfy is different.

I prefer a medium soft bed but i find many EU beds to be getting rock hard beyond comfort.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
After a great stay 16 months ago I am staying here next week with my wife and would like to make a special request. The "message hotel" on the Hilton app says it is not yet implemented for the hotel. Does anyone have a good email that would get to someone like the Guest Relations manager? DM is fine. Thank in advance!
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.75MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
After a great stay 16 months ago I am staying here next week with my wife and would like to make a special request. The "message hotel" on the Hilton app says it is not yet implemented for the hotel. Does anyone have a good email that would get to someone like the Guest Relations manager? DM is fine. Thank in advance!
Message hotel function on app should become available 2-3 days prior to arrival

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.