Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dmodemd
Hilton rolled out the complimentary Wi-Fi earlier than originally planned!

* Beginning in June 2015, premium Internet access, where available, will be rolled out globally and will be free of charge for Diamond members when they book directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or via one of our corporate travel partners.
* Starting in August, we will extend complimentary standard Wi-Fi access to Blue and Silver members when they book their stays directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or one of our corporate travel partners.
* Complimentary standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels or one of our corporate travel partners:
  • The Hilton HHonors mobile app
  • Online from hilton.com, HHonors.com, or any of our brand/hotel websites
  • Calling Hilton Reservations Customer Care: 1-800-HHonors or your local Hilton reservations office
  • Calling an individual hotel (plus walk-ins and physical on-property too)
  • Via corporate travel agencies and travel professionals that book via a Hilton proprietary channel
* This update doesn’t apply to hotels where there is a resort charge (except for Diamond members complimentary premium access - Post #6).
* This offering will not be available until August through September in EMEA and APAC.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for Hilton HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels one of our approved travel agent partners.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will be available on June 4, 2015 for all HHonors members who book directly at all StayConnected properties globally.
* The HHonors Terms and Conditions will be updated on June 4, 2015 to reflect these changes.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Wi-Fi Update

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015 | 9:12 pm

Programs: AA: Plat, 4MM; UA: Silver; DL: Plat, HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Avis: President's Club
See they really are nice friendly red capital letters

10pm on June 9 at the Doubletree IAH

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...not%20free.jpg

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 13, 2015 at 5:25 pm Reason: Image was too large. Please feel free to post an image of a reduced size.
Old Jun 9, 2015 | 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy - Platinum
[QUOTE=stewlevine;24946136]10pm on June 9 at the Doubletree IAH

The red lettering is implied to mean non-Diamond members. Sorry if you already answered this, but what does the hotel management say about comping Diamonds the $4.95? At an HGI the other day, they claimed to be "exempt" from having to do so.

Last edited by squeakr; Jun 11, 2015 at 3:26 pm Reason: Large image duplicated in quote
Old Jun 9, 2015 | 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
... At an HGI the other day, they claimed to be "exempt" from having to do so.
Which one?

Put a little pressure on by naming names.
Old Jun 10, 2015 | 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
[QUOTE=stewlevine;24946136]10pm on June 9 at the Doubletree IAH
PHOTO DELETED BY MOD

Apart from the fact they spelt HHONORS wrong, everything looks ok with the Doubletree IAH. It even says that Premium internet is free for Diamond members!

On another note, so far it seems to be working. I informed the FD at the Homewood Suites Bloomington today that I purchased "premium" Internet and she immediately removed the $4.95. No fuss, no bother. ^
Mind you, the premium was the usual 3Mbs/ 1Mbs. The standard internet was totally useless for anything besides checking email or doing a Google search!

Last edited by squeakr; Jun 11, 2015 at 3:25 pm Reason: large photo duplicated
Old Jun 10, 2015 | 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy - Platinum
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Which one?

HGI in Renton, WA
Old Jun 10, 2015 | 8:50 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Stayed at the Palmer House Chicago Monday. Didn't give diamonds the option of free premium speed and was told to select it and call guest services and they would remove it promptly and it never appeared on my bill. I appreciate the benefit, but it would be nice to not take the extra step. It's possible there are diamond's who aren't aware of this benefit and charging it to their room and not receiving the credit back.

Wife stayed at an HGI Monday and asked if there was any way the premium wifi charge could be waived. FDC asked her room number and looked at something on his computer and said they were waiving on a case by case basis for gold's and she qualified to have it waived. Not sure if Hilton has a policy in place for waiving it for gold's who meet a certain criteria or if certain properties are waiving it for some gold's to distinguish gold's who stay a lot at Hilton from credit card gold's. In her case it makes sense, the business traveler is going to be the ones that require higher speeds and the traveler's who will be staying at their properties on higher rates during the week.
Old Jun 10, 2015 | 9:57 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hhonors Diamond, Starwood Platinum
Doubletree san antonio. Two ipads, connected one with complimentary access and speed is 1 meg. Connected other by logging in with hhonors number (i am diamond) and speed is 3 meg. Seems as though it automatically connected me at the premium speed!
Old Jun 10, 2015 | 11:50 am

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
Ok so If I choose the option of logging in as an honors member will it figure out I'm a diamond and give me that speed or do I have to select Premium and it will be credited to my bill. sorry if this has been asked but I went back about 5 pages and didn't see it anywhere.
Old Jun 10, 2015 | 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by poker9ite
Ok so If I choose the option of logging in as an honors member will it figure out I'm a diamond and give me that speed or do I have to select Premium and it will be credited to my bill. sorry if this has been asked but I went back about 5 pages and didn't see it anywhere.
At some hotels it will and at others it won't. Ask the hotel.
Old Jun 10, 2015 | 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by poker9ite
if you don't get the option to choose, then it has already given you premium, if you get the choice, you will need to have them credit the bill
Old Jun 10, 2015 | 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Which one?

HGI, Burlington, MA
Old Jun 11, 2015 | 11:51 am

Programs: hilton diamond, united 1k, priority
My hotel in the Tuscon airport had it but checking in the Hampton inn in Phoenix knew nothing but they called and will remove the fee. It should be easier than that.
Old Jun 11, 2015 | 3:27 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues, Information Desk & San Francisco
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
If you quote another poster who uses a large image

please don't requote that large image and your response. A lot of us are on phones or other mobile devices and it takes up a lot of bandwidth. Thanks.

Squeakr
Co- mod HH
Old Jun 11, 2015 | 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hilton Wi-Fi Update

Sorry for wasting your bandwidth.
Old Jun 12, 2015 | 11:59 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Hilton offers free WIFI to all HH members

This:

http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler....arty-bookings/

Sounds like a great initiative. It gets at the growth of 3rd party booking sites w/o imposing a fee on us!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.