Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dmodemd
Hilton rolled out the complimentary Wi-Fi earlier than originally planned!

* Beginning in June 2015, premium Internet access, where available, will be rolled out globally and will be free of charge for Diamond members when they book directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or via one of our corporate travel partners.
* Starting in August, we will extend complimentary standard Wi-Fi access to Blue and Silver members when they book their stays directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or one of our corporate travel partners.
* Complimentary standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels or one of our corporate travel partners:
  • The Hilton HHonors mobile app
  • Online from hilton.com, HHonors.com, or any of our brand/hotel websites
  • Calling Hilton Reservations Customer Care: 1-800-HHonors or your local Hilton reservations office
  • Calling an individual hotel (plus walk-ins and physical on-property too)
  • Via corporate travel agencies and travel professionals that book via a Hilton proprietary channel
* This update doesn’t apply to hotels where there is a resort charge (except for Diamond members complimentary premium access - Post #6).
* This offering will not be available until August through September in EMEA and APAC.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for Hilton HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels one of our approved travel agent partners.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will be available on June 4, 2015 for all HHonors members who book directly at all StayConnected properties globally.
* The HHonors Terms and Conditions will be updated on June 4, 2015 to reflect these changes.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Wi-Fi Update

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2015 | 9:54 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stayed at a HGI last night. At check in, the Front Desk Supervisor invited me to use the premium internet. When I connected to it on my phone it said it would be $4.95. Several hours later, I connected from my laptop and it said it was free. The bill that was emailed to me showed the $4.95 charge, but by the time I went to check out, it was properly removed from the bill ^
Old Jun 27, 2015 | 3:00 pm
50 Countries Visited1M60 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Still not found a single hilton hotel in the UK with either a higher speed or any knowledge on it.
Old Jun 27, 2015 | 8:38 pm
20 Years on Site

Check out the speedtest thread, you are not alone. Hilton's net generally just sucks.
Old Jun 28, 2015 | 7:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by mjack99
For some weird reason I get wifi issues at Hilton but never at the Marriott. On this trip (Tokyo), the wifi on my computer was abominable. It just stopped working every 60 seconds or so. Despite calls to the help desk (who I have to say are efficient but limited in their knowledge), nothing worked.

This kind of thing has plagued me for years at Hilton so I found myself with some time to try troubleshoot and the good news I had success.

The interesting thing was that my phone was working on the wifi just fine.

I won't bore everyone with the details but the upshot was the wireless Access Point (AP) that my computer was connecting to was different to the one my phone was connecting to. I took a punt that this was the issue and downloaded an evaluation version of a software called WirelessMon which shows all APs available and allows you to connect to them (I am sure there are other software packages like this but this was the first I came across).

So I connected to the same AP my phone was connected to and lo-and-behold, instantly issue fixed. I have no idea why the computer and the phone pick up different APs and I have no idea why one AP is worse than another, but I don't really care either. Just happy to have better internet and a way to resolve the issues in the future. Needless to say, I am going to pay for this software ($21.60). Saved me a lot of frustration.

Happy to go into more detail if anyone has the same recurring issue as me.
What property/properties?
Old Jun 29, 2015 | 6:33 am
R7U
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
At least you had internet for 60 seconds. In February I was in Hilton Innsbruck for 5 nights and I had no internet during my stay there. Hotel staff told me that my computer is kaput, so I had to go to the nearby shopping mall to use their WiFi.
Old Jun 29, 2015 | 9:01 pm
30 Countries Visited3M100 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: UA GS 2.75MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I've phoned & complained when the wifi has been so poor, at least got points compensation (10000-20000 points).
Old Jun 29, 2015 | 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Hampton Inn, Baytown TX.. when I checked in I asked FD clerk how I should access the free premium service for Diamonds.

Was told there was no such thing. She was certain of this since another Diamond had inquired earlier and she had called the manager... who swore than no such benefit existed.

But, when I signed up, the HHonors member option clearly stated that premium service was free for Diamonds.

What a ludicrous roll-out.

Hilton is turning what should have been a PR success into a PR debacle.

Having seen Hilton management shoot themselves in the foot so often, one has to wonder... when a Hilton suit orders a new pair of Florsheim's (or Guccis, or whatever), does the bulls-eye come already painted on the shoe? Or does some lackey assistant add that later?
Old Jun 29, 2015 | 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Hampton Inn, Baytown TX.. when I checked in I asked FD clerk how I should access the free premium service for Diamonds.

Was told there was no such thing. She was certain of this since another Diamond had inquired earlier and she had called the manager... who swore than no such benefit existed.

But, when I signed up, the HHonors member option clearly stated that premium service was free for Diamonds.

What a ludicrous roll-out.

Hilton is turning what should have been a PR success into a PR debacle.

Having seen Hilton management shoot themselves in the foot so often, one has to wonder... when a Hilton suit orders a new pair of Florsheim's (or Guccis, or whatever), does the bulls-eye come already painted on the shoe? Or does some lackey assistant add that later?
I hope you reported this to the Diamond desk. Apparently the property needs some training. I had a similar situation a few years back with the Diamond desk rep. She told me flat out the benefit I was asking would never had been offered by Hilton. I knew better and asked for a supervisor. She told me she was a supervisor, so I asked for her manager. She went away for several minutes and came back explaining she had just returned from maternity leave and hadn't caught up with her email. She did as I asked and that was it. I didn't want to be a cad and get her called on the carpet just coming back to work, but there was now way she should have been on the phones without being up to date.

If you don't let them know where/when they are messing up, we can't expect things to change. We can't presume they already know. It is something they need to hear and loudly!
Old Jul 1, 2015 | 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy - Platinum
Hilton Seattle (Downtown)

"One speed for everyone at present. By August, we're on track for two, Diamonds to be given higher at log in."
Old Jul 1, 2015 | 8:16 pm
10 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold, OptumRx Hall of Fame
Just received the long-awaited email

Telling me that as a Diamond, I will get free premium wifi when available, and room is booked direct (via hilton.com)
Old Jul 2, 2015 | 11:44 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by dave1013
Telling me that as a Diamond, I will get free premium wifi when available, and room is booked direct (via hilton.com)
Got it as well. I have four stays over the next week. Will print out the email as a back up.
Old Jul 2, 2015 | 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by dave1013
Me too. Nice on the highest level, but still doesn't give the details of how to actually do it. Different properties are all implementing it different ways. For some you are supposed to pick the premium option, accept the charge, and then assume that they will remove that charge later. For others, I have found they are given (often hand-written) codes at check-in. Of course whether that corresponds to "premium" speed levels or not, it is impossible to tell, because if you have a code you bypass the screen where one selects the speed. So it could just be a gimmick where in fact they're giving you the regular speed.
Old Jul 2, 2015 | 8:27 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza, NM

Here now for a three-night stay, informed by "Guest Services" personnel that premium wi-fi is not free to Diamond guests (booked directly on the HHonors website too). They want to charge me $9.99 per day as instructed by management

They act as if they have never heard of this Diamond benefit roll-out. Getting very tired of fighting with hotel personnel for guaranteed benefits; the customer should not have to tell the merchant about their product.
Old Jul 2, 2015 | 8:52 pm
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

I am having an issue getting the free Wi-Fi at any speed, I attempt to log-in with my Hilton Username and Password and get through to the part where one choose Complimentary Internet and then get an error that the info does not match my account.

I am completely befuddled as to what does not match as I am entering my Username and Password correctly. I attempted to talk to Customer Service about it but was told that there is not much they can do and further more they were unsure who could help me out.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old Jul 2, 2015 | 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by kmersh
I am having an issue getting the free Wi-Fi at any speed, I attempt to log-in with my Hilton Username and Password and get through to the part where one choose Complimentary Internet and then get an error that the info does not match my account.

I am completely befuddled as to what does not match as I am entering my Username and Password correctly. I attempted to talk to Customer Service about it but was told that there is not much they can do and further more they were unsure who could help me out.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Did you do their password change a couple of months ago?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.