Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hilton Mobile App" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Hilton Mobile App" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2023, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Anyone else having total app failure issues?
I assume you have updated the app to the latest available version (for me, 2023.10.31, which popped up today)? When I installed that, I was "forcefully" signed out and had to re-log-in, however after that everything loaded properly and shows / works as expected and I cannot replicate any of your error screens ... (I am based in Austria.)
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Had the same problems. Logged out, logged in - then it works.
SPN Lifer and ThatT1Feeling like this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Thanks both: I deleted the app again, then rebooted my phone, then rebooted my phone again, reinstalled the app, then logged out of the app and back in again…

All working again! Appreciate your help 👍
Sisosig likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 4:05 am

I have an S24U. When I open the app, it get stuck at the initial screen with all the Hilton brand logos.. and the progress bar just goes back and forth.
I tried: clear cache, clear data, uninstall, reboot, reinstall... nothing worked.
My wife also has issue on her phone.
Does anyone else have the same issue? Any tips on how to fix this are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 16, 2024, 6:11 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by JustDandy
I have used the mobile app for a while now and have had no issues (including a stay that ended this past week). I have a reservation beginning tomorrow, and as of today can no longer use the Hilton app. It logged me out for whatever reason (not my doing) and now refuses to let me back into the app. I get continuous messages of "Oops! Something went wrong on our end. Please re-enter your login details."

I can login using a web browser, no issues. It's just the app that is failing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application, restarting my phone etc. No luck so far. I am on Android.
Looks like I'm having this issue right now after the S24U firmware update.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 9:19 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Anyone else facing bugs when messaging the hotel on the app ?

For example, I remember having messaged the hotel on my last stay (few months ago) asking about the Executive Lounge hours. Have a stay today and thought I could just scroll back up, but found the messages jumbled up in no particular order. I've stayed here about 10 times last year, so had to shift though welcome messages, room service orders, late check out / connecting room requests etc and still couldn't find the message about lounge hours.

Another property had "disappearing" messages. The only way to read was from the Notification bar, as the messages don't show in app.

Not a big issue to me, as I could get all the answers with a phone call. Just curious how messaging is implemented as it should be a simple enough feature ?
Old Jun 21, 2024, 10:19 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I am checking into a hotel today. On the website, the reservation shows that I've been upgraded to a suite but I see no feature to check-in. On the app, the room type is not shown at all but there is an option to check-in.

I may be overthinking this and/or paranoid, but should I check in via the app to "lock in" the upgrade? Any risk of me shooting myself in the foot in doing so?
Old Jun 21, 2024, 11:48 am

You cannot lock in any upgrade, upgrades are not guaranteed and based on the availability as of the time you arrive at the hotel - irrespective of what the website shows now, at check-in the reception stuff can always downgrade you to the room category you originally booked, in case the higher categories have in the meantime been sold against cash or given out to HH members that rank higher than you.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2024, 4:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Hilton app issues

Is anyone having issues ATM?

I have been lucky so far but suddenly can’t log out, view upcoming stays, etc. I had back-to-back bookings at different properties and could not do online check-in for second property, despite “check-in now email”.

Tried all the usual things, deleted cookies/history, deleted app and re-installed, etc.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old Jul 16, 2024, 4:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Is anyone having issues ATM?

I have been lucky so far but suddenly can’t log out, view upcoming stays, etc. I had back-to-back bookings at different properties and could not do online check-in for second property, despite “check-in now email”.

Tried all the usual things, deleted cookies/history, deleted app and re-installed, etc.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
iOS? Android? What version? I'm on iOS version 2024.6.25.
Old Jul 16, 2024, 4:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by aww3583
iOS? Android? What version? I'm on iOS version 2024.6.25.

Apologies, should have said that. Ios 17.5.1 on an iPad.
Old Jul 17, 2024, 5:38 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
I haven’t been able to get a folio after using digital checkout for months.

The front desk can see that I’ve checked out, but the system will not push out a folio automatically.
Old Jul 19, 2024, 11:37 am

Programs: HH D
It's back again

Oh horror! It's back again. We couldn't verify your payment!

Spent four weeks in the USA and the Hilton App just worked without irritating prompts to verify my payment through my banking app. Back in Europe hell is back! I have to verify my reservation through my credit card supplier and then when I want to do an online check-in I have to verify it once more. And here the horror starts...

Last week I couldn't complete check in because the app claimed "we couldn't verify your payment". I could try it for half an hour, I could authorize my bank to accept the charges (times six), but the Hilton app would just immediately afterwards claim : 'we couldn't verify your payment'.

This week it is even worse. I can't even make a reservation anymore. It just says it couldn't verify my payment.

Hey Hilton and affiliated hotels, this is gonna cost you revenue! I'm not staying with you this weekend, taking my business elsewhere!

Update: the other hotel monopolies were up to twice as expensive, so I tried to complete my reservation for a fourth time. First it said that room wasn't available anymore > do you want to update to see the available rooms? > Then it offered the exact same room type. And it accepted my credit card! But tomorrow morning I bet I'll be in trouble again if I want to do an online check-in. Nice upgrades will show up and after picking one, after going through my bank's app, the Hilton app will just say: "Sorry, we couldn't verify your payment." And I won't be able to get that room. (While I already authorized the payment at the time of the reservation. Why do you always have to authorize twice?)

Update 2: I got preassigned to one of the better junior suites. Online check-in even worked at once. In all, for this stay, I only needed to approve the payment five times.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by Sisosig; Jul 20, 2024 at 1:39 am
Old Jul 19, 2024, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The Hilton Mobile App still does not show us our lifetime Hilton Honors nights.
Old Jul 25, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Digital Keys Diwn

Checked in at Doubletree San Diego Downtown and after trying to generate a digital key was told that digital key capability for all Hilton properties worldwide due to recent Microsoft/Crowdstrike software update incident.

Anyone else having a similar experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.