Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

I read that you can use Hilton Points on Amazon?

Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Can someone here explain how to do that because I don't see an option for it?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:34 am

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/rs/more/
Old Jul 13, 2017, 10:58 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Amazon Shop with Points is coming soon - I'll be sure to share an update on when this new benefit launches. In the meantime, you can visit the Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and redeem your Points for purchases.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:08 pm

Thieves Waiting to Use Honors Points on Amazon

Hilton Representative wrote: 'you can visit the Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and redeem your Points for purchases'.

That's precisely what people (more often than not in China) do when they steal your points. They order electronics in the Hilton Shopping Mall; then sell them on Alibaba or Ebay.

The thieves will hardly be able to contain themselves once they can use our points on Amazon. One would have to be naive or negligent to believe that the current safeguards around Honors account in any way create security. Know a member's name? Good. Now you need only know two of the following:

the email address on their Honors account
their phone number; or
their Honors number

and their points are your points. Not exactly hard details to guess, to extract from phishing, 'social phishing', or to overhear.

It's not hard to argue that Honors accounts (especially those holding over some minimum number of points and maybe all Diamond and Lifetime Diamond accounts) need reasonably to be behind security approaching that of say a bank account - or an Amazon account. My bank's phone banking system required me to make a six digit PIN and, when I call, their IVR requires me to enter four digits it chooses at random from the PIN so that the whole PIN is less likely to be compromised by being overheard, or snooped on, or by an insider.

Another advantage of implementing PIN's, etc: freedom from the maddening routine of entering ID info in the Hilton IVR and then having to repeat it to a phone rep because Hilton knows their current phone systems are insecure and easy to hack.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat
so this was advertised as launching in July, the month is almost over now, any updates? Is it launching any day now or being pushed back?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Aeroflot Bonus, local tram pass
Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
Now you need only know two of the following:

the email address on their Honors account
their phone number; or
their Honors number

and their points are your points. Not exactly hard details to guess, to extract from phishing, 'social phishing', or to overhear.
I don't get it. When I log in to Hilton sites, I'm also asked to provide the password, not only the details that you have listed. Rather annoyingly, I'm often asked if I am a robot, but this is no deterrent for a thief, I guess, whereas a strong password could be.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond + Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
At just 0.2 cents per point (based on gift card prices), the current Hilton mall is a very bad deal. I hope that the Amazon partnership will provide something closer to the true value of the points, which while severely devalued over the past few years, is more than 0.2 cents.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:57 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Latest update - Amazon Shop with Points is scheduled to launch at the end of August. Once I know the exact date, I'll be sure to post.

Thanks!
Lauren
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: one pass
Any update on this? It's the "end" of August?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Latest update - Amazon Shop with Points is scheduled to launch at the end of August. Once I know the exact date, I'll be sure to post.

Thanks!
Lauren
Any update?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:16 am

I spent over an hour on the phone the other day between amazon customer service and Hilton diamond desk getting the run around. I was told everything from "you're able to use this feature starting today" to "I've never heard of that option" in regards to amazon shop with points and hhonors teaming up.

Apparently this has been pushed back yet again. The next vague deadline that we are being promised is the middle of September. I wouldn't hold your breath though. Their inability to stick to their word or even keep us in the loop is just another example of their poor customer service and is the final straw in regards to my decision to stop staying at Hilton hotels ever since the middle of last month. Well over a million points earned in the last 2 years and it's all gone to waste...
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by GEfieldtech
Well over a million points earned in the last 2 years and it's all gone to waste...
Welcome to FT.
Id say you are better using your points for hotel stays, much like airline miles, the cash/gift card/product redemptions are generally the worst value
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: one pass
Shop with Points on Amazon is now available.

Underwhelmed - $0.002 per point. American Express is closer to $0.007 per point.

Disappointed, I guess I was expecting too much.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by continentaljunky
Shop with Points on Amazon is now available.

Underwhelmed - $0.002 per point. American Express is closer to $0.007 per point.

Disappointed, I guess I was expecting too much.
Given the earn ratio on cc spend is 3:1 this seems pari passu (both are crappy value though)
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Do you have a link? I do not see how to access this, I only see the shopping mall (I am USA based if that makes a difference) I see nothing about using points on amazon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.