Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Canopy by Hilton Dubai Al Seef {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canopy by Hilton Dubai Al Seef {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2019, 9:57 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Arrow Canopy by Hilton Dubai Al Seef {ARE}

Came across this new listing on the Canopy website last night. Looks like all three Jumeirah-operated properties at the Al Seef development are now signed over to Hilton, with the Zabeel House becoming the Canopy, Zabeel House MINI becoming Hampton Dubai Al Seef, and the Al Seef Hotel by Jumeirah rebranding as Al Seef Heritage Hotel and joining the Curio Collection.

Nice to see Canopy land in the Middle East. Barring any future rebrandings, the next property to join will be Kuwait in late 2022, followed by Riyadh and Al Khobar in 2023.

khabah
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:17 am

Great news, and also sensible. I really didnt see how these fit into the Jumeirah brand.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:19 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Any stay reports? Thx!
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:50 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Good stay

Just finished a good stay here.

In terms of location, it sits on the Creek, but on the South side almost across from the Hilton Dubai Creek. Not much further from the airport than Deira and a good alternative for those looking for somewhere not too far from the airport.

As HH Diamond was upgraded to a one bedroom suite in advance of my arrival. Room was great, separate shower and standalone bath. There was some welcome macarons and lots of water in the room. Wifi was good, reliable and available throughout the property.

Arrived too late to see what the evening reception/drinks was about, but breakfast was good, with a wide range one expects at an international hotel. The restaurant stretches out over a number of distinct areas of decking, including some built over the Creek, offering great views.

Gym was very good, with a wide range of equipment. The changing rooms had small sauna and steam rooms too. The pool is on the roof and offers good views over the Creek and has a bar and a range of seating areas. It has a small number of sun loungers, but I can see that if people were intent on sunbathing, they might be disappointed to find no space available; the hotel was quiet during my visit, but it was still busy by the pool.

Overall verdict, a good option if you need somewhere nearer Deira and the airport. At the moment the price is similar to the few Hilton Garden Inns in the area, but is a superior property.
NoY and nunogomes like this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just completed a 2 night stay here. Strangely this hotel is on the Amex Travel Hotel Collection, total cost for two nights around 640AED/128/$174US including taxes and a $100US hotel F&B credit, plus an upgrade if available. It cost about 100AED/20/$27US more to book via Amex for the $100 hotel credit. Got full Hilton Honors points and nights, plus breakfast which wasn't included in the rate. Less than 15 minutes from DXB airport, hence we chose this hotel for our final 2 nights before a morning flight back to London.

We booked the cheapest King Room. As per usual with Hilton, you usually expect any sort of upgrade to show in the app the day before or morning of your arrival.. but did not. In fact, when we checked in we were just given what we booked. I didn't really realise until we got to the room, and refreshed the app. So I went down and said the rate includes an upgrade and felt the front desk guy somewhat begrudgingly said he'd upgrade us to a King with a Partial Creek and City View.

The room was more of a funky type of design.. half the floor was like black wooden style laminate wood and the rest painted concrete. The bathroom was interesting.. the toilet and the countertop are very very low, with a huge sink. Shower water pressure was fine. Only criticism was that it got very very warm in the bed at night despite the AC being on a low temperature.

Breakfast was okay.. definitely not the best of the trip, but perfectly fine with a good selection and the usual standard for this level of hotel.

The hotel is located within the Al Seef development, and there are two other sister hotels located nearby.. a Hampton Inn next door and a Curio Collection in the "Souq" a bit further up the Dubai Creek. There are plenty of shops, restaurants etc in the Souq which is a tastefully recreated traditional style shopping area - but think Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts in an old building kinda place, aimed at tourists and for the locals to go at the weekend. Even so, a pleasant stroll and nice to have somewhere nearby the hotel. Like I said, there are local restaurants and also places like Five Guys etc, although some places seem to be closed at the moment.

We had dinner in the mediterranean restaurant called Skafos located at the hotel to use up our $100 hotel credit. The portions were very decent and the food was good.. we managed to get wine and 3 courses each within our credit including a 25% discount for HH members.

The hotel is located next to to a Hampton Inn, the building to the right of the Canopy.

Standard King Room:

View from the room:

Bathroom:

The wash basin was huge, like an oversized poncy salad bowl. Here it is in scale with the staple Hilton shower gel bottle:

The pool. Only swam once but the temperature was pleasant at about 0830: (Picture taken around 3pm)

Souq, about a 5 minute walk from the hotel:

They had these creepy mannequin statues everywhere:

Last edited by Schwann; Dec 20, 2020 at 4:11 am
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here again last week, as it makes a convenient 'close to the airport' option. The Amex Travel site was offering a "Premium" room for the same price as a regular room through the Hotel Collection, so booked that. However after I asked Hilton via Twitter to add my HH number I noticed the Hilton app was just showing a regular king - so obviously an issue somewhere with the Hotel Collection rates. Anyway, there was no pre-arrival upgrade so queried the mismatch with the front desk, and showed them the Amex email saying "Premium Room". Had to argue (well, discuss) the toss a bit here, as they seemed very reluctant to honour it and tried to offer me a City View King instead (the standard upgrade here). Anyway, I had to wait for the room to be made up but I was given a Premium King.

I shan't go in depth about the hotel as my post above is still accurate. I'd say the breakfast has improved a bit, seemed more variety and also with some new a la carte options to order.

Once again the Hotel Collection rate here is a no brainer.. it was about 95 for two nights and had 73 resort credit to spend. Stacked with the UAE 25% discount on dining for HH members, I had two decent evening meals.

Got the points and night credits.

Last edited by Schwann; Aug 20, 2021 at 7:31 pm
Old Mar 6, 2022, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Whilst staying at the Conrad i spent a morning up at the creek (walked to Alseef from Burjuman metro station) then taking an abra across the creek from byr dubai for 1 dirham and was an experience. Al seef looks interesting ( but quiet at Friday at 10am). Walked to the Canopy and saw people on looking from the rootop pool and having breakfast on the outdoor patio on the ground floor. Hapmton is beside the canpoy
Looked a nice area. There was a water feature outside the hotel and when walking to the creek there was a bad smell ( noticable for a minute until you got away from it) which was the only place in dubai that I noticed such a small.
Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 6, 2022 at 4:53 am
Old May 28, 2022, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Just booked a 2 night stay here for next weekend.

Will post a few comments during my stay.

Regards

TBS

Update 31/5: I had booked a city room with view. Today I have just received an email saying I had been upgraded . The app already shows a 1 bedroom suite with view . Will see if it sticks

I had almost considered booking the Doubletree M hotel ( pool looks better and has a lounge) but will stick with the Canopy
MP001 and MaxFlyer like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; May 31, 2022 at 6:22 am
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

arrived at the hotel at 830am from London.taxi was 50 and from the airport and was able to get a room then although it is a standard city view room.
Room is however very good is quiet from outside noise and is cool.
Good fridge also.
small nespresso machine and kettle provided
Walked al sef at 930am and by the time I returned I needed to change my shirt

pool on 7th floor offers great views of the creek and towards the burk Khalifa and the dubai frame.
Pool is very shallow at one end but deepens at the other end

Pool is cold when first getting in but you get used to it
so for so good.

Regards

tbs
pool is getting a bit if shade at 1730 currently as the sun is behind the pool columns but will get more sun in a few minutes as the sun sets.

The lifeguards say the pool closes at sunset so around 1900 just now. Bit of a breeze makes it more pleasant than earlier.

The welcome gift was delivered earlier.

The shower is good but the placing of the lights and the mirror puts one side of your face in a bit if shade when shaving.

A lot of al seef seems closed or unoccupied but will wander down towards sunset.

Walked to burjuman shopping centre which is large and has a lot of shops and a large food court. There is a large carrefour hypermarket in the mall also
In the evening more water bottles and bathroom amenities were provided but not a full turndown service

Al seef is still quiet at dusk but lots of people walking the promenade watching the dinner cruises sail past all lit up . Area by curio Hotel more active. Still very warm but the heat is less oppressive

Gym on the 4th floor overlooks the creek with great views of the boats.
Limited weights but good number of cycles and treadmills etc.
Corridor from the lift to gym felt a increase in temperature and gym a bit too warm for me for an active work out
Spa closes at 10pm

Room was dark quiet and cool and had a good night's sleep bed was comfortable
breakfast was very good and free for me.
​​​​large selection of Western and Arabic dishes.
egg station outside and waffles pancakes also available.
Juices were orange , watermelon and lemon mint.

Only negative was the coffee which both from the barista and the machine had a bitter aftertaste.

pool is quiet at 0950 but getting busier now at noon.
Lifeguards very friendlfriend put up the umbrellas if you want.

Occasional helicopters passing closes but higher up..
depending on the wind direction you can see planes climb out or on finals to dxb
Alcoholic drinks available from the pool bar. Prices reasonable for use ie mai tai at aed 55 ( about 20 aed cheaper than conrad iirc)

Regards

Tbs

housekeeping had not turned up by 6pm so phoned up and they came at 610 pm just as I was going onto the shower but asked them to come back in 15mins as I was walking alseef and when I was back at 845pm room was clean.
gym temperature was still warm but much better than the previos night as the ac was on full blast.
cafe latte was better and less bitter than the first morning
if you want to charge items to your room make sure check in adds a deposit otherwise you cannot charge anything and have to go down to reception to make a deposit.
laundry is cheap but received a phone call this morning saying there was no room credit so had to go to reception to settle things.

No problem with a 2pm late check out.

Breakfast a lot busier today at 0900 Sunday compared to yesterday. However I did see a sign last night outside the entrance that breakfast for Hampton guests ( Hampton is next door) is in the canopy so there may be Hampton guests also ( and good news for Hampton guests if they get a canopy breskfast(

pool at 0950 empty with more great views of the creek and dubai frame and burj Khalifa. Less haze than yesterday and also less breeze
bitterproffit likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 5, 2022 at 12:38 am
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some photos

Hi,

Some photos

Rm 125 ( hanging area behind me) more coffee/tea in the storage area to the right of the chair

Nightlight and fridge

Combined Bath/shower

Celing decoration looking up from the bed ( This is Time For Bed is in light greem and is reflective when the lights are out)

View from window (no traffic noise heard from room)

Roof top pool ( when swimming you are looking towards the Dubai frame and burj Khalifa) ( 7th floor)

City view from rooftop c 1800 ( 1 hr prior to sunset)

Creek view at 1800

Regards

TBS
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 12:26 am

Canopy by Hilton: Dubai al Seef: Refreshing, relaxing, multiple-stays

canopy al seef

1 Review | 100% Recommended

canopy al seef

dubai, AE

Refreshing, relaxing, multiple-stays (3 Photos)

canopy al seef

IMG_20230705_125738[1].jpgIMG_20230705_170240_1[1].jpgIMG_20230703_144341[1].jpg

Check In

On very hot day, looking at google Maps, noticed hotel approx 1 to 1.5km from Metro station, so i can walk with large luggage bag on back small one in front and third on shoulders.  No problem have walked several km in Paris.

Front-desk brought a refreshing drink oraange and red, it looked like a multi-layered-coloured cocktail, then they brought me a second one.

Room

Had four different rooms over several stays.

Rooms have open-closet/wardrobe (probably better in warm climates as air can circulate), modern bathroom (shower/tub combo, raised sink, nice amentieis), minimalistic in furniture bed with long narrow "desk" behind the bed with telephone, very large flat panel TV than can be swiveled , a small modern fridge below the TV a window to look at water and small chairs & table near narrow window

A second room was a suite with living room couch, table with four chairs, window to road (vs water), bathroom had a shower and separate bathtub raised from the floor..

A thrird room, was a corner room, windows to both the road and to the water.  It had a small hammock near the corner windows, probably only large enough for a child  (less than 150cm person could fit comfortably in it).

Room were on 5th and 6th floor, were upgrades as a Diamond and i mentioned wanted to try different rooms.

Service

I had stayed at Canopy (the first one in the world) in Zagreb in a corner junior suite room which had loofah pad / brush in the toiletries.

Asked fron desk and they located and brought to the room.

Also bell hops good about keeping luggage and they were always insisting on wanting to be of service with the luggage.  

Dining

On first stay, i took a dining special : entre + appetizer or dessert and drink ... and i tried an interesting variation drink.  Remember it was very hot, should eat lither meals.

Breakfast was awesome

1. 4 sections / rooms .. and got filled on 2 or 3 days

2. at furthest room (between sections 3 and 4) was eggs station + middle eastern hot foul and spices

3. refreshing juices ... watermelon juice great (it's fresh pressed only watermelon, no sugar, and brought in everyday from supplier, but you wouldn't know it...seemed like was fresh made on-site;  lime + mint juice.  Small glasses but good to have a small taste of each to awaken taste buds

4. a cold-coffee station with additional ice cubes ... first and only place i've seen this every day as a normal "station"

5. food is a mixed combination of:  western + indian + arabic ...great to have that variety

Pool

is on the rooftop and has views of water skyline ... good to see during daytime and evening lights

Amenities

Welcome amenity was a cheesecake mousse with white-chocolate shell coloured like an orange .. very tasty and light 

Refreshing, relaxing, multiple-stays

Would you like to write a review on the canopy al seef?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 7, 2024, 8:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I stayed here in October 22. I had a nice stay. The staff was great. I left my phone in the cab and they worked very hard to get it back for me. The breakfast was very good with an omelet station and an entire large area full of Arabic food. I could have grazed all day. I liked the location for a few days. It wasn't too far to walk to the metro line, but about a mile. I had the room with the hammock in it. While I liked the room, I found it not very practical. I could sit on the bed, or in an office chair facing the bed. The hammock was useless for a grown man, and two little ottoman pods were non functional as well.

The weirdest part of the room was that the windows were frosted and you couldn't see out. I realized that my room faced the back of the hotel which would make it overlook the Palace of the Emir of Qatar. So you don't get a view. I don't know how many rooms are this way, but I didn't like it. You can also tell the way the rooftop pool is facing (towards the embassies) that you cannot see the Palace on the other side of the building.

Its all very strange, but not that big of a deal. I would just make sure I understood the hotel layout if you didn't want frosted out windows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.