Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2020] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2020] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2020, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold - HH Diamond
Jealous! Have a great time. I love that moment when you arrive in the lounge and it really hits you that your 2nd home awaits.

Originally Posted by boonkoh
Just arrived at the airport and now awaiting my seaplane transfer for two weeks of sun
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Question: What's different about the second floor now (pre-the latest renovations)?
Its balcony now overlooks a construction site rather than the water.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 1:15 pm

While we're on the topic of Ufaa, let's have a short quiz.....spice the thread up a little.
Question: What's different about the second floor now (pre-the latest renovations)?
Prize: 380,000 Hilton points (kindly offered by Splotly )
I have not seen how it looks now after the renovation, but during renovation it didn't look like they will put back in the windows..
Old Dec 13, 2020, 6:08 pm

Clue: It's a difference not in appearance but in policy.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 6:45 pm

Clue: It's a difference not in appearance but in policy.
Never been so just going to guess.. has the 2nd floor has gone more upmarket and has a more formal dress code/no children vibe?
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:15 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ScubaRoo
So breakfast is being served in 3 different places per day?

I bet you get a good view from up there in a morning?
Just Vilu and UFAA doing brekkie. Haven’t bothered with UFAA so far.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Never been so just going to guess.. has the 2nd floor has gone more upmarket and has a more formal dress code/no children vibe?
Some parts of your guess are right (13, 23+24).....
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:41 pm

Looking at the menu at the resort now, it looks like they've stopped doing the Fisherman's BBQ, but still doing the Maldivian Feast (but now on Wednesdays).

Anyone had both and can comment how they're different? I'm a lover of seafood so disappointed that the Fisherman's BBQ isn't happening at the moment, but is the Maldivian Feast full of seafood too?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 12:14 am

Some parts of your guess are right (13, 23+24).....
hmmm cryptic..
13=gone
23+34=no children
err its gone, and there are no children allowed?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by boonkoh
Looking at the menu at the resort now, it looks like they've stopped doing the Fisherman's BBQ, but still doing the Maldivian Feast (but now on Wednesdays).

Anyone had both and can comment how they're different? I'm a lover of seafood so disappointed that the Fisherman's BBQ isn't happening at the moment, but is the Maldivian Feast full of seafood too?
By Maldivian Feast do you mean Maldivian Night (which used to be on a Monday)? All the beach dinners (Champagne & Lobster, Fisherman's BBQ & Maldivian Night) have a great spread of seafood. I've done them all and I don't think you'll find much difference between them as far as seafood goes. You can check my posts back in the thread for the list of dishes available for all three of these dinners or ask at the reception area for details. They'll give you printouts if you need them. Or you can save paper and just look at them in the folder they have. There are 2 desks between the reception main desk and Rangali Bar. As you walk to Rangali Bar from reception you can see them on the right hand side. The desk on the left is where the F&B Sales Manager sits.

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
hmmm cryptic..
13=gone
23+34=no children
err its gone, and there are no children allowed?
Excellent detective work so far. Almost right.....(23 & 24 are half of the answer)
Old Dec 14, 2020, 1:47 am

By Maldivian Feast do you mean Maldivian Night (which used to be on a Monday)? All the beach dinners (Champagne & Lobster, Fisherman's BBQ & Maldivian Night) have a great spread of seafood. I've done them all and I don't think you'll find much difference between them as far as seafood goes. You can check my posts back in the thread for the list of dishes available for all three of these dinners or ask at the reception area for details. They'll give you printouts if you need them. Or you can save paper and just look at them in the folder they have. There are 2 desks between the reception main desk and Rangali Bar. As you walk to Rangali Bar from reception you can see them on the right hand side. The desk on the left is where the F&B Sales Manager sits.

Excellent detective work so far. Almost right.....(23 & 24 are half of the answer)
cant believe I'm the only one guessing..

Err no kids, and the head chef has gone? Some research says Christian Pedersen is the new Executive Chef
Old Dec 14, 2020, 2:50 am

Most folks in the US are sleeping. Splotly (who's in the UK) isn't guessing because he knows he won't get the answer right and has no chance whatsoever of gifting the points back to himself.

More clues: nothing to do with the chef.....kids (is half of the answer because).....kids are half of a family.....
Old Dec 14, 2020, 3:43 am

Must make hay while the sun shines, and the US are napping...
Errr there are now family rooms/areas on floor 2 now?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 4:49 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Looks more like a karaoke bar, with TVs and Soundsystem
Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:06 am

All wrong so far.

And @babyg_wc, looks like you forgot about the words 'gone' and 'no' in 'no kids'..... If there are no kids how can there be family rooms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.