Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Canopy by Hilton Paris Trocadero {FRA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canopy by Hilton Paris Trocadero {FRA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2023 | 4:10 am

Stayed 2023 June.

Upgrades: everyone wants, said Front Desk. Only a couple rooms other than top floor Suite, have a partial view leaning out from tiny balcony.

Photos ..see poster up above summer 2023. Had similar same room 6th floor + balcony. Best view next after top floor suites
Rooftop: narrow, small-med size, ppl & guests good (accommodating each other to make photos).
Been on several Paris rooftops .
Kindly permitted €350 wine bottle🍷(shop price) to be enjoyed (did purchase other beverages at other times)

Breakfast: very good, and some items unique , better than a typical property.

Room: minimalistic, as Canopy's are. Prices are high, but it's Paris, things are relative, etc.
Old Dec 9, 2023 | 4:14 am

Stayed 2023 June.

Upgrades: everyone wants, said Front Desk. Only a couple rooms other than top floor Suite, have a partial view leaning out from tiny balcony.

Photos ..see poster up above summer 2023. Had similar same room 6th floor + balcony. Best view next after top floor suites
Rooftop: narrow, small-med size, ppl & guests good (accommodating each other to make photos).
Been on several Paris rooftops .
Kindly permitted €350 wine bottle🍷(shop price) to be enjoyed (did purchase other beverages at other times)

Breakfast: very good, and some items unique , better than a typical property.

Room: minimalistic, as Canopy's are. Prices are high, but it's Paris, things are relative, etc.
Old Dec 23, 2023 | 8:39 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Chiming in late, but I stayed here in mid-July for 5 nights on points. I’m a diamond, but no upgrade - and certainly understandable - as we were a longer stay AND we were there over the national holiday, so it was a full house. In fact, under those circumstances I would have been surprised to be upgraded.

King standard room was nice and fresh, windows looking into the courtyard and across to an ivy-covered building next door - a pleasant view, plenty of sunshine, and lots of fresh air for a standard level room. We enjoyed the styling of the room, including the lounge chair by the large windows. My teen daughter got some good mileage out of that chair.

Breakfast was great. We enjoyed being able to order from the a la carte menu as well as visit the buffet.

We enjoyed the location, and we used the metro quite a bit, so we found it very convenient right up at the end of the block. Was a pleasant walk to the Eiffel Tower and Trocadero areas. We also enjoyed the neighborhood up behind the hotel. There were some nice restaurants and some basic services (including a laundry, as we needed that before continuing our journey). Felt like a very safe and pleasant area. The Arc was a reasonably short walk from the hotel, too, in that general direction.

I’ll definitely stay here again.

attached a few photos of the Eiffel Tower fireworks from the rooftop restaurant and the Arc flyover on 14 July.

Old Feb 2, 2024 | 6:20 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: HHonors Diamond
5 nights on points

I chose the Canopy for five nights on points and did not regret my choice. The building is comparatively new and well sound proof. No squeaking floors, no noise from neighboring rooms.

We were pre-upgraded to a one bedroom suite on 5th floor (top floor is 7th with two rooms or probably junior suites only plus the roof top bar). So we had a living room with an uncomfortable sofa (the cushions to sit on always started slipping forwards when sitting on them), two chairs, a coffee table, a desk (sort of) with the Nespresso coffee maker (but no original Nespresso capsules, I forgot the brand name, 4 capsules, replenished daily). The separate toilet was accessible from the living room. it had a toilet but no sink to wash your hands. No cupboard but an open hanger plus two drawers.

The bed room was spacious. No cupboard to hang clothes but an open hanger as in the living room. The upper drawer had the safe. Adjacent from the bed room was the bathroom with sink, tub and separate shower. Plenty of towels although from day 3 on they experienced a shortage in supply.

There was a small balcony stretching over the entire hotel front. So we had our share. When leaning over, we saw the Eiffel Tower. As reported before, you have a clear view of it when leaving or entering the hotel. However, the large windows in both rooms let the could in. In the beginning we had below zero Celsius and we clearly felt the cold outside coming in through the windows. On the other side the large windows allowed for much day light.

Two lifts in front, another lift in the back behind the restaurant. Reception staff was pleasant, very welcoming. Housekeeping was good. Strange enough, toilet paper was not replenished although we were running out of it.

Breakfast was satisfying. Attentive staff but sometimes slow in cleaning tables and in replenishing items. The last morning many things were missing. Staff told us they had a larger group that morning and the kitchen could not deliver enough bread. But other items were missing, too. I did not try the restaurant for dinner.

Diamond recognition? I was more than happy with the upgrade. Those two bottles of local beer and pop corn in the room, two jute bags with "Canopy" on it handed over at check-in. No idea if that was Diamond triggered or not.

I was a happy guest and would stay here again. Two nearby restaurants I would recommend: "Paul Chêne" and "Victor" (not Victor Hugo). Other than that, metro stop and bus stops nearby. Trocadero with the fantastic view of the Eiffel Tower at the doorstep, Place Charles de Gaulle in walkable distance, nice neighborhood (no wonder, Maria Callas had her apartment in 36, Avenue Georges Mandel), supermarkets nearby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.