Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Canopy by Hilton Paris Trocadero {FRA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022 | 7:42 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited100 Nights5 Years on Site

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

In light of a recent question asked about this hotel, I am creating a dedicated thread for Canopy by Hilton Paris Trocadero. The hotel address is 16 Avenue d'Eylau, and the hotel has been open since May 2021 as per this announcement from Hilton.

Hotel website available at the following link.

khabah
Old Jan 15, 2022 | 1:51 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Why pay 80k a night ?-looks like mid grade hotel other than roof top --

no slippers or bathrobes from what I see on hotel site !

Laminated floors is a plus-LOL
Old Apr 21, 2022 | 8:43 am

Bumping this... Anyone stay here yet?

I'm going in September. Trying to decide between Maison Astor Paris and this place. First time in Paris so will be hitting the normal newbie stuff (Eiffel Tower, Louvre etc). Trying to decide from a location standpoint which is better. This one appears to be a really nice view of the Eiffel Tower but might be harder to get to everything else. I'm using 3 free night rewards and for the nights i'm staying Maison only has the basic room as an option for standard reward which is only a double bed vs a queen/king. Canopy has a King room.

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 21, 2022 | 3:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond
I stayed here with Mrs Pilki42 and our little one for one night after a few fun-filled days in one of the Disney resorts.

The hotel is ridiculously close to the Eiffel Tower and you get this really impressive view of it when approaching the hotel from the north on the street.

This was our first time with a Canopy and to be honest it was pretty decent! Breakfast was perfect and the staff were really helpful with everything. I'd happily recommend it. If memory serves it was a 56k + €50 booking compared to £300 for cash to book a king room. We luckily got upgraded to a Junior Suite which to be honest is a larger room, no separate lounge but there was a separate bath and shower.
toto_l likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022 | 8:47 am

Originally Posted by pilki42
I stayed here with Mrs Pilki42 and our little one for one night after a few fun-filled days in one of the Disney resorts.

The hotel is ridiculously close to the Eiffel Tower and you get this really impressive view of it when approaching the hotel from the north on the street.

This was our first time with a Canopy and to be honest it was pretty decent! Breakfast was perfect and the staff were really helpful with everything. I'd happily recommend it. If memory serves it was a 56k + €50 booking compared to £300 for cash to book a king room. We luckily got upgraded to a Junior Suite which to be honest is a larger room, no separate lounge but there was a separate bath and shower.
Thanks! Prices are high the time I'm there and I'm not sure why but that's the same at all the hotels. Using 3 award nights help. Was the breakfast included as a diamond?
Old Jun 18, 2022 | 4:11 pm
10 Years on Site

Surprised by the lack of reviews and information for this hotel but hopefully I can add my own shortly. I'm staying here in 2 weeks for 4 nights and I'm very much looking forward to exploring the nearby area.
flyflybirdie likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022 | 12:33 pm
15 Years on Site

Curious to hear your review as I'm heading there for 2 nights this week. Sounds like they are quite full and little to no chance of diamond upgrade from the king accessible room which was all I was able to book at anything approaching a reasonable redemption rate.
flyflybirdie likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022 | 8:19 am
10 Years on Site

Our stay was fantastic. We had booked into the standard room and we were upgraded to King Premium, which wasn't much of an upgrade really. Hotel seemed to be operating at capacity. We weren't able to secure a late checkout and our room wasn't ready until right at 3pm, but that's expected when it's peak Europe travel season. The rooms were fresh and the rooms seemed large by Paris standards. The rooftop bar is an excellent place to pop up for a drink or a nibble and enjoy the Eiffel view. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They had a Pack N Play for our toddler as requested. Breakfast was decent, with croissants, fruits, and sausages/bacon available to grab along with a few items available to order (eggs of any type, pancakes, french toast, espresso drinks). The location is great if you're looking to stay close to the Eiffel but not near the Louvre area. Crowds are much more manageable in this area but you can still walk to the sights.
frmnj likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022 | 8:48 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Willbur
Our stay was fantastic. We had booked into the standard room and we were upgraded to King Premium, which wasn't much of an upgrade really. Hotel seemed to be operating at capacity. We weren't able to secure a late checkout and our room wasn't ready until right at 3pm, but that's expected when it's peak Europe travel season. The rooms were fresh and the rooms seemed large by Paris standards. The rooftop bar is an excellent place to pop up for a drink or a nibble and enjoy the Eiffel view. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They had a Pack N Play for our toddler as requested. Breakfast was decent, with croissants, fruits, and sausages/bacon available to grab along with a few items available to order (eggs of any type, pancakes, french toast, espresso drinks). The location is great if you're looking to stay close to the Eiffel but not near the Louvre area. Crowds are much more manageable in this area but you can still walk to the sights.
just did 2 nights last week and agreed on all counts though I didn’t try the roof. Booked accessible king on points - that’s all that remained last minute - and the 2nd day got moved to king premium. Room was tucked inside and nice and dark and quiet which is all I really care about when traveling alone. Great staff. Got 2pm checkout as diamond which was nice considering they were at capacity.
Old Jan 15, 2023 | 1:52 pm
30 Countries Visited100k10 Years on Site

I stayed 2 nights in November, was able to choose upgraded room through the app and got a center room with partial tower view (don't recall what category). Great location if you want to visit the Eiffel Tower (or stay away from the crowded city center), close to metro and plenty of dining. It was rainy most of the time so only visited the rooftop for the Eiffel Tower 5-minute night light show. Helpful staff, decent breakfast, new enough that everything is clean and not well-worn. Not much storage space if you have lots of luggage, but might be a Canopy thing, found the same at Canopy Reykjavik.

Zurich likes this.
Old May 24, 2023 | 12:36 pm
Suspended
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Have rooms here for a concert and then tennis. They upgraded nicely enough for the circumstances as Diamonds. The hotel tried to sell breakfast, but not sure what the Diamond breakfast situation is like for the reservation, and will be doing breakfasts elsewhere anyway.

Not really a fan of when the room toilet is in a standalone room apart from the bathroom sink, but that's not all that unusual for me to run into at some hotels in and outside of Paris.

Hotel is definitely very well located if wanting to walk to the top of Trocadero or even out the hotel front door and get great views of the Eiffel Tower. Some rooms have an outdoor balcony with seating for two.
Old Aug 4, 2023 | 2:35 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Stayed three nights in early July using points. Believe it was ~80k per night but the cash rate was 400+ euros. Upgraded to a balcony room as a Diamond. Breakfast was complimentary for my spouse and I (as Diamonds). Decent and hearty breakfast. Two bottles of beer and a special note were awaiting us in our room. There was also a fridge in the room to help chill any bottles of water or Cokes we picked up during the day. The shampoo and conditioner smelled great. Considered buying a bottle but decided not too.

The property is also very convenient to the Trocadero metro station. Several bikes were available in the lobby and believe guest could use them. Only complaint was that the only water fountain was on the first floor across from the front desk.

Rooftop view of the Eiffel Tower

Floor layout

Sunset view of the Eiffel Tower from the rooftop

fridge underneath the Nepresso machine

The open flame, grilled burgers smelled delicious
bitterproffit and Sisosig like this.
Old Oct 4, 2023 | 3:02 pm

Looking at this hotel for a stay in February
Does anyone know if the rooftop is accessible all year? Being able to go out in the evening and see the Eiffel Tour sparkling is a huge selling feature for me.
Don't really care if is serving food / drink or not in February outside just want to make sure we can go out there for the view. Don't have an issue paying for drinks/food either if required to sit and see the view.
Old Dec 7, 2023 | 6:44 pm

Tempted to book a queen room as a gold elite in the hopes I will be upgraded to a room that I’m an accommodate 4 people. Have any other golds been upgraded here?
Old Dec 8, 2023 | 9:50 am

Originally Posted by nikehair
Tempted to book a queen room as a gold elite in the hopes I will be upgraded to a room that I’m an accommodate 4 people. Have any other golds been upgraded here?
You would need a 4 category upgrade to a Junior Suite to accommodate 4.
Queen Corner (1 level upgrade)
King Premium (2 level upgrade)
King Premium w/ Balcony (3 level upgrade)
Junior Suite (4 level upgrade)

I wouldn't feel too confident in that happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.