Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Transfer of American AAdvantage Miles to Hilton Honors Points: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer of American AAdvantage Miles to Hilton Honors Points: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2008, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K;10276262
Someone posted on another thread that the fee per transfer is going from $25 to $30 on October 1. He also alluded to potential other changes. I have been able to find no link, even on the $5 fee pop. Still, it has me a bit nervous, thus a transfer now.

You initiate your transfer from [url
http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?p=/AAdvantage/partners/hotels/hiltonHotels.jsp[/url]
From http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?...edeemMiles.jsp

Effective October 1, 2008, mileage levels will be changing. Additionally, the $25 processing fee will increase to $30 per transaction. More news will be posted on this page in the coming weeks.

The question I have is, I thought I saw mention\ of a limit of transfers into my HH account, but cannot find it again. Does anyone know if I can receive the 150k->300k from multiple AA accounts to one HH account? Real experience would be much better than crossing my fingers.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 9:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by edlin303
The question I have is, I thought I saw mention\ of a limit of transfers into my HH account, but cannot find it again. Does anyone know if I can receive the 150k->300k from multiple AA accounts to one HH account?
I believe that the limit is out of the AA account, not into the Hilton account. When I did an AA transfer today from my husband's account into our spousal Hilton account, I was able to bring up a page that showed each transfer he has done out of AA in the last two years. He is now at the 150K AA max for this calendar year. There was no tracking of the Hilton account into which it was being deposited. It's my belief I could also transfer 150K from my own AA account into our Hilton account.

From the Ts and Cs:

Each Member is limited to redeeming no more than one hundred fifty thousand (150,000) AAdvantage miles under the redeemAAmiles Program per calendar year. Any AAdvantage Mile redemption request in excess of such amount will not be processed from the Member's account

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Aug 28, 2008 at 10:14 pm Reason: Added AA Ts and Cs
Old Aug 28, 2008, 10:06 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Argh.

Does that mean it's not possible to do it -- period? Or not possible to do it online?

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
From the Ts and Cs:

Effective April 10, 2008, non-elite status AAdvantage members must have a minimum available mileage balance of 25,000 miles in order to complete a transaction on the redeemAAmiles Web site. There is no minimum mileage balance requirement for AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Gold members.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 10:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Argh.

Does that mean it's not possible to do it -- period? Or not possible to do it online?
I'm afraid the Ts and Cs are very clear:

AAdvantage members must have either a minimum of 25,000 AAdvantage miles in their AAdvantage account or have elite status.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
From the Ts and Cs:

Effective April 10, 2008, non-elite status AAdvantage members must have a minimum available mileage balance of 25,000 miles in order to complete a transaction on the redeemAAmiles Web site. There is no minimum mileage balance requirement for AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Gold members.

Well that sucks. If I had known I would have transferred sooner. Of course being non-elite guess I missed that message

It's a bit of playing the system by AA IMO (realizing I'm biased). Probably to prevent the non-elite from actually utilizing minimal miles, or trying to get them to up it to 25K in order to use them. But

OVMV. Cheers.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 12:21 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

I'm afraid the Ts and Cs are very clear:

AAdvantage members must have either a minimum of 25,000 AAdvantage miles in their AAdvantage account or have elite status.
What a %@&#

I just bought snagged a 500 mile certificate to get a family member's account over 5K so I could transfer.

I suppose I should have read my latest HHonors statement mail more closely. It was in there, no?

I suppose there is zip that can be done with 5K AA
Old Aug 29, 2008, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB lifetime Gold, BW Diam Sel
What a %@&#

I just bought snagged a 500 mile certificate to get a family member's account over 5K so I could transfer.

I suppose I should have read my latest HHonors statement mail more closely. It was in there, no?

The change in minimum mileage for a transfer occurred in April, so no, I wouldn't expect it to be mentioned in the "latest" statement.

Can the family member in question make use of Rewards Network (idine)? That's a good way to build one's AA balance.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
The change in minimum mileage for a transfer occurred in April, so no, I wouldn't expect it to be mentioned in the "latest" statement.

Can the family member in question make use of Rewards Network (idine)? That's a good way to build one's AA balance.
Or Microsoft Live Search Club. It can be slow, but is still free miles. There's a sticky thread in SPAM if you aren't familiar with it.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
What a %@&#

I'm in the same boat. Guess I missed it in the March statement But if anyone has any suggestions for what can be done w/ the 5K, am all ears.

Cheers.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
The latest statement I have received was dated April, but thanks for your supposition.

There are almost no iDine restaurants closer than 200+ miles away
Old Aug 29, 2008, 2:20 pm

There are almost no iDine restaurants closer than 200+ miles away
Not to mention, that's a lot of food to rack up another 20k miles! The question is, is it worth trying to earn another 20k to cash out 5k?
Old Aug 29, 2008, 2:39 pm

Exactly my thought.

Will probably liquidate them at Points.com for the 90% loss but at least that's something.

Last edited by cblaisd; Aug 29, 2008 at 10:20 pm Reason: spotted typo
Old Aug 29, 2008, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB lifetime Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by edlin303
Not to mention, that's a lot of food to rack up another 20k miles! The question is, is it worth trying to earn another 20k to cash out 5k?
Clearly, only if you were going to spend the money on dining (etc.) anyway!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey Folks,

I've read a good bit of the thread but can't seem to find the answer. I tried to transfer AA miles to HH last Sunday (six days ago), and they still haven't posted. Has anyone else had it take this long? The transaction shows as "completed," although I'm not sure if that just means that it's completed on the AA side of things or not. I tried calling AA CS and they said to give it a few more days, since it might take longer, but I have a feeling that won't help since in the past it was all within 72 hours at most.

Any thoughts?
Old Aug 30, 2008, 7:01 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Hey Folks,

I've read a good bit of the thread but can't seem to find the answer. I tried to transfer AA miles to HH last Sunday (six days ago), and they still haven't posted. Has anyone else had it take this long? The transaction shows as "completed," although I'm not sure if that just means that it's completed on the AA side of things or not. I tried calling AA CS and they said to give it a few more days, since it might take longer, but I have a feeling that won't help since in the past it was all within 72 hours at most.

Any thoughts?
I know most transfers occur within 72. There have been a few reports in this thread of longer. I don't know when they showed up or if a call needed to be made. It's been quite a while and because I've made several transfers, I can't really narrow a date for a search. I can guarantee it was over a year ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.