Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Do spouses really not stay free at Hampton Inns?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do spouses really not stay free at Hampton Inns?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:09 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by myfrogger
Please post an example where a Hampton Inn charges you more for 2 adults than 1 adult. I've seen a price difference at 3 or 4 people, but never for 2. I've stayed at my share of hamptons and I have never, ever encountered this.
I randomly chose Dec 18 for one night:

York, PA
1 Adult
$124 King Study NS
$114 2 Doubles NS
2 Adults
$134 King Study NS
$124 2 Doubles NS

Pittsburgh-University Center, PA
1 Adult
$119 King Study NS
$119 Double Queen NS
2 Adults
$129 King Study NS
$129 Double Queen NS

Disclosure: In searching I found several hotels with the same rate for one or two adults. IMO it appears that Hampton may be moving more toward the same rate for one or two than in the past.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Please post an example where a Hampton Inn charges you more for 2 adults than 1 adult. I've seen a price difference at 3 or 4 people, but never for 2. I've stayed at my share of hamptons and I have never, ever encountered this.
At least up until this past summer the HI in Lynnwood WA charged more for 2 adults every time I stayed there. Haven't checked recently.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
Back in October the Hampton SEATAC charged $10 more with SWMBO than without.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 10:13 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
generally hamptons charge $10 more for another adult. I guess they think the b-fast is worth $10???
Old Nov 23, 2006, 10:57 am

Programs: NWA/DL
MOST hotels charge a few bucks more for the 2nd adult, but as a former hotel professional, the most important reason is definately in case there is an evacuation required due to fire or storm.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Gold, dirt loads of places.
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
generally hamptons charge $10 more for another adult. I guess they think the b-fast is worth $10???
That was my assumption, although I don't think I've ever eaten a Hampton breakfast...
Originally Posted by kapitman
MOST hotels charge a few bucks more for the 2nd adult, but as a former hotel professional, the most important reason is definately in case there is an evacuation required due to fire or storm.
Really? I may be off base here, but surely giving your customers a financial incentive to under-report the occupancy of the room would have the opposite effect in such circumstances.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
That's also my assumption. Whether it's worth it or not? it's YMMV kind of answer....

I'm not a big breakfast person but I still try to grab something on the way to the airport. OTOH, I have seen some people REALLY load up on their plates and reload again, so to them it may be worth the extra $10 per person.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 9:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat, AA Plat, BA Gold, etc.
It sounds like the husband should wait in the car while you check-in with your unaltered reservation.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:27 pm

deleted

Last edited by SkeptiCallie; Oct 30, 2008 at 7:08 pm
Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum,
Now lets say I check in at 7PM and then head out to dinner at 8PM. I get "lucky" at the restaurant and bring the hostess back. Do I have to pay the Hampton $10 if she stays over. How do you approach the desk clerk to give the $10 over.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 7:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkeptiCallie
It's okay to leave the reservation as is. However, when you get there, you definitely want to tell them that you are with spouse and your child. I feel sure that they will charge you extra for at least the spouse.
Why?
Old Nov 26, 2006, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 8 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kapitman
In what country do MOST hotels charge a few bucks more for the 2nd adult?

And I've been in hotels during a fire alarm, more times than I'd care to count, and NEVER did anyone from the hotel call roll or count noses.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:27 pm

Programs: DL FO,Starwood Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Nexus & Global Entry
Originally Posted by bbkenney
In what country do MOST hotels charge a few bucks more for the 2nd adult?

And I've been in hotels during a fire alarm, more times than I'd care to count, and NEVER did anyone from the hotel call roll or count noses.
The fire/safety issue only really comes into play when say you have 2 adults and 3 kids, and the Max Occupancy for the room is 4 persons. Those numbers are set by the local fire department. The 2nd/3rd/4th/5th watever charge from a hotel is strictly revenue driven
Old Nov 27, 2006, 6:21 am

[QUOTE=SkeptiCallie]There's also (1) the take-out package that they offer you at checkout, consisting of a brown bag containing bottled water, a granola bar of some sort, and an apple or so. [QUOTE]

I've never seen this. Is this supposed to be chainwide?

Thanks,

Sheila
Old Nov 27, 2006, 7:54 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by SkeptiCallie
There's also (1) the take-out package that they offer you at checkout, consisting of a brown bag containing bottled water, a granola bar of some sort, and an apple or so.
Originally Posted by swilshire
I've never seen this. Is this supposed to be chainwide?

Thanks,

Sheila
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.