Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Park City {US-UT}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2021 | 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited5M100 Nights20 Years on Site

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by canyonleo
To my knowledge there is no self parking. Closest free parking is either down the hill (Cooper Ln) about 200m (to get past no parking signs) or at the Cab Lift (behind the 7/11, not to be confused with the gondola lift) in the huge lot (confirm overnight parking is allowed, it might not be) - the latter is where the employees park.
Is this new? There used to be free parking in a heated garage and a free shuttle around Park City? Have those amenities been nixed?
Old Nov 29, 2021 | 2:50 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has this hotel gone through its room renovation yet?
Renovations were completed in late 2019. All furnishings were replaced, though hard surfaces (tile, countertops, millwork, etc.) were left untouched. While the remaining granite and dark wood might appear dated in 2021, arguably they're also appropriate materials for a ski resort. In any event, the photo gallery on Web site is accurate.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this new? There used to be free parking in a heated garage and a free shuttle around Park City? Have those amenities been nixed?
Valet parking had previously been included in the resort charge (which is waived on award stays), but unfortunately now appears to be a separate $35/night option (which is not). Between the two charges, that's $75/night on top of room rate. Ouch. Resort charge still includes area shuttle, at least.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2021 | 4:14 pm
Suspended
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The hotel really figured out how to shake more money out of the customers for the customers who dont go in informed about and/or dont adjust habits around a changed picture for charges/charge structures.
Old Nov 30, 2021 | 7:01 pm
20 Years on Site

First and foremost, I cant stand resort fees, destination fees, or city fees. The nickel and diming should be included in the overall rate. However, having stayed at this resort a number of times, parking is underground, and not really set up for self parking.

If one is paying the rates at this hotel during ski season, the nominal parking charge should not be an issue in the big scheme of things. If one would generally not pay the going rate, and is staying on points or free night certificates, youll need to just suck it up, or stay elsewhere. Its like people traveling to the Maldives using points, and then complaining about the food prices.
Old Dec 1, 2021 | 5:44 am
Suspended
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Not much of anything is an issue “in the big scheme of things”, but consumers getting less bang for the buck is not any less of an issue worth acknowledging because of that.

While valet parking can make a parking lot operation run more smoothly than having a bunch of unfamiliar drivers running around in and out of a parking lot, what (beside that) about this underground parking lot makes it “not really set up for self-parking”? Isn’t that why they had baked in the valet being included before where it no longer is, to make a good first impression since the hotel benefits from not having customers arriving on the wrong foot with frustration on arrival?

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 1, 2021 at 5:58 am
Old Dec 2, 2021 | 5:46 pm
20 Years on Site

The underground lot it small and cars are stacked behind each other. My guess, and it’s only a guess, is that they separated the parking fee from the resort fee to encourage fewer guests to park on site. I was only in the garage once, but setting it up for self parking would definitely reduce the number of spaces. That lot frequently fills, as they also park some cars on the side by the ski valet. Plus, quite honestly, it’s another revenue source. If you are paying $1k a night, the additional fee may not even be a thought by many.

I just wish all of these nuisance fees would be bundled together. Hopefully, the Pennsylvania attorney generals recent settlement with Marriott over resort fees may help.
Old Dec 3, 2021 | 11:39 am
10 Years on Site

I don't mind paying for valet parking when service is good and space tight, as they are at WA Park City. And therefore when the resort charge included parking, I was able to overlook it. But now that valet is a separate charge, the resort charge becomes a shameless money grab with no value add.
GUWonder and zeer0 like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021 | 2:51 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by comeflywme
I’m a Diamond member and have an upcoming stay in Nov. I was told valet parking is $35 and no self-parking is available. Also, valet parking is NOT included with the resort fee, although many in this thread have stated that it is, so I can only assume they recently decided to exclude it? The resort fee, however, is waived since I’m paying with points. Can anyone confirm there’s no self-parking at this property? Thank you.
The valet overnight rate is a flat $35 and there are no associated taxes. Not sure if there’s an hourly valet rate. It’s probably free, just need to tip, which is in line with other resorts in the area. Come to think of it, I read somewhere that valet is complimentary if you’re dining @ Powder.

Last edited by comeflywme; Dec 4, 2021 at 6:20 pm
Old Dec 4, 2021 | 6:20 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
As a Diamond member, since there's no self-park option, I feel valet parking should either be included in the resort fee (again) or at least waived for loyal Gold/Diamond members. My car was always promptly brought up every time I needed it; however, I don't carry much cash anymore, nor do I want to have to guilt trip myself into tipping each and every time I get my car (avg of 2-3x/day), especially when I'm already paying $35/night as a Diamond member. Instead, upon checkout, I ended up leaving a generous tip via front desk room charge, which unfortunately went to the entire valet crew instead of specific attendants that assisted me during my multi-night stay. This is mainly bc I couldn't recall any of their names. Here's one thing I definitely didn't appreciate though- while checking out at the front desk, my wife (+young child) went outside to load the car and nobody assisted her. She was annoyed by that, which ended up annoying me. I didn't want to leave a lovely property on a sour note, and I really didn't expect that to happen at a property like WAPC. Unfortunately, it did. Now, I will never know the truth but part of me feels that happened bc there was no incentive (tip), when in fact I did leave a generous tip at the front desk. However, the valet attendants will never be able to tie that back to me unless I explicitly bring it their attention (awkward?!?!) on the spot. And that's just not my style. Moving on...

Last edited by comeflywme; Dec 4, 2021 at 6:39 pm
Old Dec 25, 2021 | 8:40 pm

Anyone see any standard room rewards in November or December of 2022? When I'm looking to book a room at the WA Park City with points, just about every day from months Jan-Oct 2022 has a standard room reward available for 90k. But as soon as I click through the calendar into Nov and December it shows zero available.

Last edited by alexm1229; Dec 25, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Old Jan 4, 2022 | 12:23 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by alexm1229
Anyone see any standard room rewards in November or December of 2022? When I'm looking to book a room at the WA Park City with points, just about every day from months Jan-Oct 2022 has a standard room reward available for 90k. But as soon as I click through the calendar into Nov and December it shows zero available.
what?! Ive been looking every other day for the past 6mo for weekday standard award in Feb 2021. Not once have I seen it come up as available.
Old Jan 5, 2022 | 12:45 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by evergrn
what?! I’ve been looking every other day for the past 6mo for weekday standard award in Feb 2021. Not once have I seen it come up as available.

From what I heard from locals, Feb is right in the middle of their busy season. You won't see regular availability until around April. In my experience, you may get lucky and catch them when they release standard rooms for random dates. It was usually on a day about two weeks ahead.

Felt really lucky this season since I was able to get two weekend nights for this coming weekend. For the Sun night, I found availability back in Nov. Then about a week ago, they released standard room inventory for like the first 10 days of Jan. I jumped right away on getting the Sat. night.
Old May 25, 2022 | 9:52 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I am reading that this hotel offers a daily resort benefit of $15pp, max $30 day. Any recent DP on breakfast options. Thanks.
Old May 25, 2022 | 12:52 pm
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I am reading that this hotel offers a daily resort benefit of $15pp, max $30 day. Any recent DP on breakfast options. Thanks.
That is incorrect. The daily credit at U.S. Waldorf Astoria properties is $25/person, max $50/day. Menus are available on property web site.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 26, 2022 | 9:24 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by MS02113
That is incorrect. The daily credit at U.S. Waldorf Astoria properties is $25/person, max $50/day. Menus are available on property web site.
This is why I love this community, always giving the right answers! Thanks!
MS02113 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.