Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Reisen, Stockholm, Sweden (Unbound Collection) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Reisen, Stockholm, Sweden (Unbound Collection) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
In Sweden there are still no Hyatt-affiliated hotels with the “Hyatt” name in them. Both Marriott and Hilton have a hotel with the company flagship name on highly visible hotel signage in the country.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 5:32 am
Suspended

The Reisen doesn’t include breakfast for all guests. The Bank booked via Hyatt does include breakfast.

Originally Posted by sonomawine
Hi friends, does the Reisen have a sofa bed in the suites? I will be traveling with my son in July and none of the suites have double beds.
The sofa in the “standard suites” are definitely wide enough to sleep a typical 12 year old Swedish child. I’m not sure if they are convertible into sofa-beds or used for that purpose, but that would require moving some of the furniture out of the way in each of the “standard suites” I’ve been given at the Reisen.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:49 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by sonomawine
Hi friends, does the Reisen have a sofa bed in the suites? I will be traveling with my son in July and none of the suites have double beds.
Recently had a somewhat disappointing six night stay here in a Sea View Suite and as always GUWonder is spot on.

Have included a picture of the sofa, but the “living room” part of the suite would be to small to allow for a fold out - the minibar and coffee table would have to moved and access to the bathroom would also be blocked.
It would be tight space wise but a rollaway could theoretically fit in the bedroom area,

Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
I had an excellent 2-night stay at The Reisen a couple of weeks ago as a Globalist. The great stay started with the pleasant concierge working with me for an incredibly early ~8AM check in, given that my flight from NYC landed only a couple of hours earlier. As a Globalist, I was not upgraded to a suite prior to check in, nor did they offer me one at first, which I would've been ok with given my early check in. However, I did ask if they had one available, and after a few minutes of working the system, he surprisingly offered me either a suite, or a larger room with one of their private saunas! Being such a unique feature of the property, I happily and gratefully chose the sauna room, which I really enjoyed using during my stay.

The breakfast buffet was solid, and the staff were all excellent as well. Food selection was good, but nothing spectacular. I particularly enjoyed the plentiful smoked salmon and deviled eggs.

The location really was the best part for me as a first time visitor to Stockholm. It's situated conveniently between Sodermalm to the south, and the Old Town/Norrmalm to the north. There was a convenient ferry about a block away that took me over to Djurgarden, where I wandered around Skansen (awesome btw), and the Vasa Museum.

Used a couple of Cat 1-4 FNCs.
kthpence likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:58 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

So I guess this serves as the generic Stockholm thread, with a focus on Hotel Reisen? (The Story hotels in Riddargatan and Malmö have their own threads). I'm going to ask the Mods to re-title.

Spent three nights at Hotel Reisen and overall was very pleased. Pre-upgraded to a Nordic suite (the one with a sauna), but when I saw that it has no view, I asked for a regular harbor-facing view instead. These are very snug, listed at 19sqm. I was alone, so didn't mind, and the room is very cute and hygge and well-laid out. There's a spectacular 180+ degree view of the harbor, from Skeppsholmen to Södermalm. A box with binoculars by the windows, cute touch.

Breakfast was quite good, perhaps my favorite in all of Europe (in about 50 stays post-Covid). This is highly subjective, of course, but for me, it hit all the right spots with quality cured meats and fish, excellent baked goods and fruits, plus omelets and the like on-demand. Served until 11am, so if one shows up late (as many guests seemed to do), it allows one to skip lunch.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, despite being on duty seemingly all the time. I'm not a huge fan of the location; Gamla Stan is tourist hell, and the hotel isn't particularly easy to get to with public transportation (I walked from Stockholm Central, but I suspect that'd be too much for most, especially if you travel with luggage). Overall, wouldn't hesitate to be back, although Story Riddargatan arguably has a better location, and Bank (SLH) looked spectacular.

gadberry likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:04 pm
Suspended

I’ve probably been in that room at Reisen, or one in the same line within a floor of it. One room in that line had a particular door issue. Another room in that line had some kind of problem with the shower.

Did you still see any Elite hotel group hangers still in them? I was seeing some well into Q2 2022.

Of all the Hyatt hotels in Sweden, the Reisen has the better breakfast …. but it typically costs if not a Globalist. The Bank includes breakfast for all on Hyatt point stays. The Story hotels include breakfast for all guests, but the breakfast food/drink offering is weaker than the other breakfasts at Hyatt affiliated properties in the country. The highest Hyatt hotel breakfast in the group is up at the top of the mixed-use building’s Asian restaurant space of the Story hotel in Malmö.

I’ve heard nothing about any additional Hyatt affiliated hotels coming to the country, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there are a couple of more pick-ups.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Hi everyone. Just booked a 3 night stay st the Reisen in the Chapman Suite. Points price for Chapman was same as Sea View but cash price for Chapman is +$200 when compared. Is Chapman better/worse/same as Sea View Suite?
Old Jul 14, 2022, 12:18 am
Suspended

Point room availability at Hyatt hotels in Sweden seem to be pretty good, with only one having gotten harder for me: the Bank.

Availability of rooms when using award night awards has gotten a bit tougher in Sweden, but it’s concentrated mostly at one of the five Hyatt program properties in the country.

Originally Posted by MDWCommuter
Hi everyone. Just booked a 3 night stay st the Reisen in the Chapman Suite. Points price for Chapman was same as Sea View but cash price for Chapman is +$200 when compared. Is Chapman better/worse/same as Sea View Suite?
I don’t know if they have more than one Chapman Suite, but the one I had was the only suite type that was certain to have a decent water view + have a bathroom at least as large as the largest bathrooms I got for the other suite types.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Point room availability at Hyatt hotels in Sweden seem to be pretty good, with only one having gotten harder for me: the Bank.

Availability of rooms when using award night awards has gotten a bit tougher in Sweden, but it’s concentrated mostly at one of the five Hyatt program properties in the country.

I don’t know if they have more than one Chapman Suite, but the one I had was the only suite type that was certain to have a decent water view + have a bathroom at least as large as the largest bathrooms I got for the other suite types.
Thank you kindly!
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:34 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Some photos of the sea view suite (room 510). Note only one window actually has the sea view - the bulk of the windows face the building on the side of the hotel.

Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Also just had an excellent award stay at the Reisen with my wife.

As a Globalist, I was pre-upgraded to a Nordic King (with a sauna) which we were very excited for, as we both love sauna. When I chatted with the reception agent (Eric, who was outstanding, I might add), mentioned that there was no Nordic Suite upgrade available, though he did have a Sea View Suite available, and proactively offered to show us both rooms.... Nordic King & Sea View Suite.

The Nordic King was on a high floor but without much of a view, was a bit small but still would have been great given the in-room sauna.

The Sea View Suite (#108) was on the second floor of the hotel, had huge taller windows than the other floors, which opened (this was key since the rooms have no air conditioning, and it was hot during out stay) with gorgeous views of the water. Even though the room had no sauna, we opted for the suite and absolutely loved it.

The hotel has a wonderful basement level spa with a huge sauna, rain showers, and amazing plunge pool. The plunge pool was plenty big and deep enough to dive into, swim, etc and was just cool enough to be refreshing after the sauna, but warm enough to enjoy at length without discomfort. Most plunge pools are freezing cold, this one was perfect.

As others noted, breakfast was great. The staff work hard as it was busy during our visit, so kudos to them. I was a little bummed that the hotel's craft cocktail bar was closed for seasonal renovation, but their lobby bar was more than sufficient and the bartenders skilled.

We loved the location, although it's a bit of a walk (18mins from Stockholm Central Train Station). For our departure, we opted to enjoy the spa/sauna as long as we could before heading to the airport (instead of walking to the train station), and had the front desk called us a taxi which was an even $68 USD to ARN airport in a Mercedes wagon with a courteous, professional driver.

Overall, we loved this hotel and I found it to be a wonderful value at only 15k points/night.

Schutzee and remymartin like this.

Last edited by mixmastermark; Jul 16, 2022 at 11:50 pm
Old Jul 16, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Does anyone know if the valet parking is covered on Globalists award nights? Spoke to the front desk the staff mentioned it’s billable to the room but not free for globalists award nights (not sure if there was miscommunication but I didn’t reverify)
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:04 pm

It may have just been a reception staff member unfamiliar with the benefit. Alternatively, it is possible that if a property offers both self-parking as well as valet parking, the self parking will be free, not the valet.

If it were me I would just use the valet service and if they still end up adding a parking charge to the folio, I'd just ask the Globalist line or my concierge to have it removed.

I didn't really see any full-time valet / bell-hop staff lurking in the lobby whenever I was there, so maybe the front desk fulfills the duty. Plus there didn't appear to be any garage on the small property, so likely parked in a nearby lot or garage.

From WOH T&C:
(j) Free Parking: Globalists receive free parking at participating Hyatt hotels or resorts for nights during which the Globalist stays on a Free Night Award. Free parking benefit is valid at Hyatt hotels or resorts that offer parking, provided that parking charges at such hotel or resort can be billed to the guest room/folio. Not valid at Vacation Ownership Properties. If both are offered by the applicable hotel or resort, benefit is valid for either valet or self-parking. Benefit does not apply to any night for which Globalist is not staying on a Free Night Award (e.g., any paid night’s stay) or any non-stay award redemption (e.g., Dining, Spa, and More Awards).

Old Jul 16, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Good idea, I may just have Globalists service line take care of it if anything happens. Now debating if I should rent a car and visit Uppsala and Vaxholm in a day.

Front desk mentioned to just park the car in front of the hotel and they will have a staff drive the car to a nearby lot so I think valet is the only option. The price is now 800 something SEK per night. Hotel website did listed they are in partnership with Nordic cars for parking.
mixmastermark likes this.

Last edited by zoneflyer; Jul 16, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:45 pm

I originally planned to rent a car as well to visit Uppsala, but since we would be eating, drinking, etc with friends, I opted for the high speed SJ trains (34mins) from Stockholm Central to Uppsala Central at ~ $8/person each way. Downloading and using the SJ Train app is highly recommended if you use the trains in Sweden as the app accepts US (non-European) credit cards and gives you all the live train info. Plenty of bikes and E-scooters available to rent via Uber app, Bolt App, etc, if you need to get to/from the train stations quicker, plus plenty of taxis in both cities.
zoneflyer likes this.

Last edited by mixmastermark; Jul 16, 2022 at 11:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.