Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Opening of Hyatt Rosemont minutes from O'Hare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 1999 | 12:21 pm
doc
Original Poster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just opened 10/5/99, this place looks pretty good and has a complimentary shuttle with grat opening promo rates.
Old Oct 20, 1999 | 2:43 pm

doc, I'm not sure about this...? I've been staying at the Hyatt Rosemont twice a year for the last 10 years. It's on River Road, right next to the Rosemont Conv. Center and connected by an overhead walkway. Stayed there the first week of June this year...
Old Oct 20, 1999 | 7:35 pm
doc
Original Poster
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I too at first wondered about this when I got the info/link in my Hyatt Extras Email. You of course mean the older (now remodeled about 3 yrs ago) huge Hyatt Regency O'Hare with the skywalk to RCC (incidentaly not my most favorite Hyatt).

There are now two, it seems, in Rosemont. This newer one is about a fifth the size and adjacent to AAOS (Amer Acad Orthopaedic Surgeons).

Unfortunately I neglected to post the link and already eliniated it. Check it out at www.hyatt.com

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 10-20-1999).]
Old Oct 21, 1999 | 8:02 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
There has been a Hyatt O'Hare, located in Rosement, but that is not the same as the Hyatt Rosemont .... the Hyatt Rosement is new and the Hyatt O'Hare is still the Hyatt O'Hare.
Old Oct 21, 1999 | 11:16 am

Well, that clears it up for me...thanks doc & Beckles.

[This message has been edited by shadow (edited 10-21-1999).]
Old Oct 25, 1999 | 8:43 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Just a quick report on the new Hyatt Rosemont. I stayed there this past Friday night and while the hotel itself is much smaller than other Hyatts the overall experience was great. I am currently only a Platinum GP member, but upon check in they gave me a form on which I was to select my "perks". I picked the fruit/cheese tray and a bottle of red wine. I have never had this given to me at any other Hyatt and so I wasn't sure if this was because the hotel was new or what. They said all Platinum & Diamond members receive welcoming gifts !
The hotel has only one small restaurant/bar,
no Business Plan or Regency Floor. But as far
as I was concerned, for one night prior to a flight out of ORD it was great. The staff was very friendly (a bit slow at times, due to the newness), the decor is very modern and sleek. But be aware while you are the first stop out of O'Hare on the airport shuttle, on the return it does stop at the older Hyatt Regency before going on to the terminal.
Old Oct 26, 1999 | 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
But could you get any sleep with the planes going overhead? I'll never stay again at the Hyatt O'Hare for that reason.
Old Oct 27, 1999 | 5:36 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
It was surprisingly quiet!, I hadn't really even thought about it. Perhaps the fact that it is their newest Airport Hyatt they are building them with more soundproofing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.