Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Award Chart Update Effective February 7, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Chart Update Effective February 7, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by RTW1
Same here... and I like the GH location a lot better.
I don't really like the location much, but the service there beats the PHT IMHO.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:27 am

Hyatt Lexington probably couldn't keep up with all the free visa card nights
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:32 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's probably the major reason for going from 4 to 5.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
PH Aviara in California & PH Toronto ON Canada both go down 5 -->4. Toronto is a lovely hotel, but I would never spend 18K when the HR Toronto in the Entertainment District is a 2!
HP Pittsburgh North Shore 1 --> 3! This hotel is next door to Heinz Field, where the Steelers play their home games & concerts are held in non-football season! Commands >$200 a night for the convenient location! So it was a 2-good-2B-true bargain @ 5000. Also, other Downtown Pittsburgh hotels are surprisingly expensive!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
That's probably the major reason for going from 4 to 5.
But it may also mean that some of us NY area Visa holders may reconsider whether it's worth holding the card or just using the Sapphire card instead. We actually had a reservation at the 48 Lex but cancelled it to go to the Hyatt at Penns Landing in Philadelphia when our son decided to run the marathon.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:22 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by stevens397
But it may also mean that some of us NY area Visa holders may reconsider whether it's worth holding the card or just using the Sapphire card instead. We actually had a reservation at the 48 Lex but cancelled it to go to the Hyatt at Penns Landing in Philadelphia when our son decided to run the marathon.
The speculation on this board has been that the new Hyatt Place in Midtown will open as a Category 4, leaving one Manhattan property where the renewal free nights can be used.

At least the Cat 1-4 free nights can still be used in a number of large cities. Compare this to the renewal free night from Marriott's Chase card, which with recent inflation in their award chart (via properties moving up categories) can barely be used in large cities in the U.S anymore.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Nice that Aviara is now available for my free CC night...

*edit* Typo on Hyatt's part, actually going from cat 6 to cat 5.

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Dec 19, 2012 at 4:33 pm
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
^
Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
As of Feb 7th next year: http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...rtupdates.html

HR Incheon, Hyatt 48 Lex and GH Tokyo all up one cat.
All in all, this puts a dent in the claim that a flood of credit card points is ruining everything.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Sooo...I'm confused. The PH Aviara is currently a Cat 6 according to the Hyatt website. I wonder what is the typo? Is it dropping 2 catagories (to cat 4) or just to Cat 5 in which case we can't use it for the free CC night...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by swallaby
Sooo...I'm confused. The PH Aviara is currently a Cat 6 according to the Hyatt website. I wonder what is the typo? Is it dropping 2 catagories (to cat 4) or just to Cat 5 in which case we can't use it for the free CC night...
good catch.

-David
Old Dec 18, 2012, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JackE
All in all, this puts a dent in the claim that a flood of credit card points is ruining everything.
Don't we wait until a more major change in award pricing takes place next year than this very minor change in the first half of the first quarter of 2013?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 800k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Don't we wait until a more major change in award pricing takes place next year than this very minor change in the first half of the first quarter of 2013?
No. We burn points now.

(If it were possible, I'd have just struck through your "we" and "?".)

Last edited by Firewind; Dec 19, 2012 at 6:09 am
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
At least more went down vs up...
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
I'd say that overall, this is a very modest adjustment compared to what other hotel companies do. SPG, for example, adjusts a fair number of hotels annually and it always seems like 1) more hotels move up than down and 2) that more good hotels move up than down.

The fact that Hyatt is moving more hotels down than up and that some of the down movers are Park Hyatts and only one hotel of the seven moving up is jumping two categories means that, IMO, Hyatt is still serious about fairly pricing rewards. It may not be as good as it was 4-5 years ago before they introduced a category 6. But I would note that they are still the only major chain where the majority of their properties are in the lower categories.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.