Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
  • Globalist breakfast: one entree, one hot drink, one cold drink (data points since Dec 2018)
  • Available as room service subject to $10 delivery fee
  • Complimentary shoeshine and iron-pressed service for 2 items during your stay, it is available through the ipad.
  • Mercedes benz suv and s class (with wifi) available complimentary for drop off only within 10 blocks north or south from PHNY.
  • Bicycle is available during warmer month.

Hotel lobby on ground floor. Stairs or elevator to 3rd level to reception area for check-in. Separate elevators to guest room from 4th to 23th floors. No 13th and 24th floors. Spa, gym and pool are on top 25th floor.
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2024, 9:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
I am trying to book this hotel using points with 4 adults in one room. The 2 bed city view (standard 2 bedroom room) is available for cash but not for points, only the King. I thought that if a standard room is available for cash, the room would also be available points. Anyone have insight here? This stay is in late Sept so I can keep checking but feel like I am missing something here.
Old May 21, 2024, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by NDtraveler
I am trying to book this hotel using points with 4 adults in one room. The 2 bed city view is available for cash but not for points, only the King. I thought that if available for cash, the room would also be available points. Anyone have insight here? This stay is in late Sept so I can keep checking but feel like I am missing something here.
The 2 Double Beds with City View isn't the base room. You need a 2 Double Beds with ADA Tub to redeem for points.
Old May 21, 2024, 9:33 am

Ah thanks so much! I will keep a lookout for it
Old May 21, 2024, 9:37 am

Globalists tend to get upgraded to the City View as a matter of course. Perhaps you can try redeeming for the 1 King and get the property to upgrade proactively. Not a guarantee but I've rolled that dice before and we tend to make it work.
Old May 21, 2024, 9:42 am

Sorry, I am not following. Can you provide some more context?
Old May 21, 2024, 9:47 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

if I was in your shoes I might book whatever is available and reach out to the hotel to assist by asking nicely
The worst they can say is no and you cancel and book elsewhere.And if you happen to have a good concierge
you can have them reach out on your behalf
I find doing it on my own works out better typically as many Hyatt agents don’t have much empathy these days
and or the desire to go the extra mile for challenges,follow ups and and concerns which is more the norm these days

That said Hyatt does have some fantastic folks all over the world in a number of their hotels and have typically
jumped through hoops to make for happy guests.
Old May 21, 2024, 9:56 am

Thanks everyone, went ahead and locked up the king. Called the hotel to try to get it confirmed into the double bed, but they said they could only note it in the reservation. They did offer an upgrade fee of $350 a night which I declined. I have the Thompson booked as backup and will just continue to monitor it. You guys rock!
Old Jul 19, 2024, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
I love the hotel, but I don't believe they put in one of the true 1 bedroom suites. I have not seen the configuration you posted above before....

That is how the living room should look to one one of their true 1 bedroom suites.
Recognizing this is a couple months old now, but the room shown was almost identical in layout to the 1 bedroom city view suite I was given in December and detailed in my post upthread. The living room definitely didn't look like this photo.
Old Aug 24, 2024, 10:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just checked in. The valet was super friendly.

The front desk was friendly. She didn’t exactly acknowledge Globalist but kept referring to “with your membership” which I guess is more discreet. I had the option of the standard room I booked or the Bryte Suite for $300. She said I could wait for a City View room but it’s not available yet. I asked about a studio suite!and she found an accessible one without a tub. So I took the standard room.

The room was spacious and in fairly good condition. The tub is nice with a decent view and very comfortable.

I know many people dislike it here because of the upgrade situation but it is truly an excellent room and I’m very happy with even the standard room.
Old Aug 24, 2024, 9:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
One Bedroom Suite

Also checked in at the Park Hyatt New York. Saw availability for 35k points and moved from the Hyatt Centric Wall Street, which was too noisy and no longer has a breakfast menu.

Really love the layout of the cozy One Bedroom Suite! As a premium suite, a much appreciated courtesy upgrade.

So far it's all nice and quiet. The Internet speed is also excellent, measured at 327 Mbps down and 205 Mbps up.

The rain shower is awesome, you could call it a waterfall shower. With water temp turned all the way to cold, it's really refreshing and the amount of water that falls out makes you fell like you stand underneath a waterfall.

Room was also refreshed while out for dinner, what's more to ask for.

Spoiler

Gioventu and Tonyr4 like this.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 12:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
On the subject of One bedroom suites, this was the one bedroom suite we had in 2017. It differed than the one bedroom suite we had in 2022. This had a substantial hallway, and 1.5 baths (don't recall if the 2022 one had 1.5 baths, but definately didn't have curved windows or the expansive hallway)

Looking down you could see Carnegie Hall.
No formal dining space, though.

Old Aug 25, 2024, 8:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Update from my second day.

The breakfast is quite good. They have a good selection of tea. Pastry is (re) warmed. Certainly my not what you can get fresh from a bakery but decent. I agree the food could use a bit more salt but I thought my lobster scramble was pretty good. Everything was removed from my bill without ever appearing on it.

The bike rental was easy. And lovely way to ride around Central Park. The loop takes just over 30 mins.

The pool is busy with lots of kids on Sunday morning but interestingly, it completely empties out by 11 (I guess that’s the checkout time). It also has the nicest hotel gym with Central Park view above the pool.

Overall I would say this is by far the best Hyatt in the City. I had very low expectation based on the reviews here but it far exceeded my expectations. Even the base room is larger than most upgraded rooms I get in the City and breakfast is definitely better than what you get at the Andaz or Thompson Central Park. The only exception is the breakfast at Beekman.

If I want a special occasion Hyatt hotel in NYC, I would def pick this over anything else. It’s on par with other luxury hotels such as the MO.
joecool1885 and strickerj like this.

Last edited by SP03; Aug 25, 2024 at 9:24 am
Old Aug 25, 2024, 2:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Toiletries

I’ve noticed in photos that the La Labo toiletries have consisted of a mix set of scents (santal and bergamote in addition to the NY-specific tubereuse). Is there still a way to take home extra tubereuse sets? Le Labo doesn’t sell shampoo/conditioner/soap in that scent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.