Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Zurich Airport the Circle REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Zurich Airport the Circle REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024 | 2:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
30 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The club is not a Marriott-style meal replacement, but it is a very comfortable and spacious environment with a changing selection of quality canapés and some pretty good alcohol.

This is a case of things working differently in other countries I think (to be fair, I suspect that the hotel under-estimated the proportion of club guests who would be American vs. from the region).
+1. I've never even been to the club. It's just not on my list of priorities. It's a great hard product with a fantastic location, reasonably priced, they're generous with upgrades, and the Globalist breakfast is excellent. That ticks all my boxes. For dinner, I'm fine either dining at Babel or heading into Zurich.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024 | 10:54 am

Originally Posted by rota
Then maybe just try again every week untill it works.
They apparently told the Hyatt agent I had called to try back in the fall, which seems way too late. I'll just email my concierge and have them try to figure it out.
Old Jan 6, 2024 | 8:29 am
formerly a193991
50 Countries Visited40 Nights2M5 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Kacee
+1. I've never even been to the club. It's just not on my list of priorities. It's a great hard product with a fantastic location, reasonably priced, they're generous with upgrades, and the Globalist breakfast is excellent. That ticks all my boxes. For dinner, I'm fine either dining at Babel or heading into Zurich.
Or dine at Hyatt Place and charge to your room for points, too. That works.
Old Jan 6, 2024 | 1:09 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Another solid stay. Upgraded to Regency Suite. Nice breakfast (although the scrambled eggs were cold).
Originally Posted by 59Impala
We ate in Zurich last night. Uber back to HR was only 39 CHF.

Note to anyone staying at HR/HP and flying out on LX - Check-in 2 is currently closed due to construction, which means Check-in 3 (in the train station) is now devoted entirely to economy/PE check-in. Two consequences: (1) Massive queues at Check-in 3, and (2) you have to schlep all the way to Check-in 1 to utilize J/F/*G check-in.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024 | 4:40 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Yep, I did this on one of my stays at HR last year eating at Zoom. Online ordering system even worked with my HR room number.
Old Aug 11, 2024 | 1:16 pm
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently.
Current executive club lounge opening hours
6:30 to 22:00

Evening food and alcohol
18:00 to 20:00 every day including weekends

There is still not one single warm cooked dish in the evening, so it's not really suitable as an substitute for dinner.

ahself likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2024 | 2:24 pm
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Stayed here recently.
Current executive club lounge opening hours
6:30 to 22:00

Evening food and alcohol
18:00 to 20:00 every day including weekends

There is still not one single warm cooked dish in the evening, so it's not really suitable as an substitute for dinner.
Yeah if I didn't have dinner anywhere prior I've made a habit of getting hot food from Migros in the airport. Outside of Asia it's hard to make dinner out of lounge food these days.
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 4:24 pm
10 Years on Site

Is there an email address for the front desk here? Would like to email them a question re: the possibility of a cash upgrade but I've tried two different addresses without luck.

Also can I order food from Zoom and charge to my room at the HR or is that benefit only for guests staying at the Hyatt Place? Thanks!

Last edited by iluvdoco; Aug 20, 2024 at 4:31 pm
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 8:32 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Also can I order food from Zoom and charge to my room at the HR or is that benefit only for guests staying at the Hyatt Place? Thanks!
There are two data points on this topic within the last 5 posts prior to yours.
Old Aug 21, 2024 | 9:27 am
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by econ
There are two data points on this topic within the last 5 posts prior to yours.
Thanks for pointing that out!
Old Aug 29, 2024 | 5:12 pm
10 Years on Site

Any thoughts on staying here vs. the Zurich Marriott (partially renovated, club lounge serves better evening fare, more restaurants nearby), the latter having a more central location?
Old Aug 30, 2024 | 1:53 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Any thoughts on staying here vs. the Zurich Marriott (partially renovated, club lounge serves better evening fare, more restaurants nearby), the latter having a more central location?
It depends on variables like status or desire to earn qualifying nights in a particular program, or other factors like early departure from the airport, etc. Unless any of these strongly favor the HR (e.g., you're Bonvoy nothing, but Globalist), I'd pick the Marriott in a heartbeat. For me, the only reason to choose the Hyatt is pricing: Zurich rates are often nuts, and if I can bag the HR for CHF200 or less, while the Marriott is CHF400, the former is an obvious choice. Even then, other hotels are in the mix; for instance, I'd pick the Ren over the Hyatt if it's similarly priced.
Old Aug 30, 2024 | 8:45 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
For me, the only reason to choose the Hyatt is pricing
We routinely stay at HR when connecting overnight through ZRH and it is a fantastic option for a quick one-night stay.
Old Aug 30, 2024 | 9:17 am
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by jpdx
It depends on variables like status or desire to earn qualifying nights in a particular program, or other factors like early departure from the airport, etc. Unless any of these strongly favor the HR (e.g., you're Bonvoy nothing, but Globalist), I'd pick the Marriott in a heartbeat. For me, the only reason to choose the Hyatt is pricing: Zurich rates are often nuts, and if I can bag the HR for CHF200 or less, while the Marriott is CHF400, the former is an obvious choice. Even then, other hotels are in the mix; for instance, I'd pick the Ren over the Hyatt if it's similarly priced.
Thank you! Great points. I'm a Marriott Titanium. The Ren looks nice; had I seen your post earlier I would have made a reservation here. Location looks ideal for train travel.

Since the Zurich Marriott only had *some* renovated rooms, we decided for a night at the PH Zurich instead and 2 nights at the HR Zurich The Circle.
Old Sep 3, 2024 | 8:04 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Stayed for 3 nights over the weekend and used the hotel as a base for touring the area. As others have said, it's a great hotel. Even though I'm a globalist, I had SUA's to burn and used one for the stay, and I paid a mix of cash and points for the nights. All staff were very friendly. The two suites we stayed in were nice. We were so busy and got back late each night - so we didn't even visit the club when they had food.

Some additional thoughts:
- We were initially put in a Regency Suite (looked like this). It was nice with a view of the park, but the air didn't work very well, especially in the bedroom. Engineering came to look at it and said it was working, and it was in the living room, but it still didn't blow in the bedroom and it wouldn't get cold. So, they offered to move us to a Regency Executive Suite (looked like this), which I accepted. However, even after a full day/night of letting both units run on 64.5F with the curtains closed while we were out, the room(s) never got colder than 70.5...and it still didn't blow much in the bedroom. I assume the AC in normal rooms must work better because there's only one unit and the room is smaller. We liked the non-Executive Suite better, with the hallway in between the bedroom and living room. The hallway also had a desk with a pop-up mirror at one end...odd that the Executive Suite didn't have a desk, but it did have the round table.
- One other annoyance about the rooms is that they only had two Euro (Type C) outlets vs. several Swiss (Type J), and those Euro outlets were only in the bathrooms, e.g. one in each bathroom but none near the bed, on the walls, etc. PSA to bring an extension cord if you don't have Type J adapters. I get that it's Switzerland, but even the hotel in London had multiple Type C outlets in the room, near the bed, etc.
- The breakfast offerings were basically the same as shown here, and I thought the breakfast was good overall. However, we were surprised that there were no sweet pastries at all, e.g. no double chocolate muffins, chocolate croissants, fruit pastries, etc....just some umm ali (sp?), and one or two sweet cakes depending on the morning.
- We had a car and parking is at the airport in the garage below the hotel. I thought I had read that parking was free for globalists, but it's only free if you stay on points or award nights. Because an agent on the phone told me they validate parking for globalists, they validated one night of parking as a gesture of good will, which was great since the parking cost per night was 56 CHF (!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.