Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Miami Airport-East REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:46 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Dear FlyerTalkers,

Hyatt Place Miami Airport-East is the newest Hyatt-branded hotel to officially open in Miami, Fla. The hotel brings the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities to the Miami area.

Hyatt Place Miami Airport-East is ideally located for business and leisure travelers, as it is less than one mile from the entrance to Miami International Airport and just over five miles from the Port of Miami, the world’s largest cruise terminal. Guests traveling through the Miami International Airport will have access to the hotel’s shuttle service, which will be available 24/7.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Great! I was just looking at the Hyatt options in Miami for a leisure trip and was struck by the current selection of HR Miami, HR Coral Gables and HR Pier 66. Any plans for a full service Hyatt in Miami? These are not competitive, unfortunately.

Will probably end up at Hilton FLL Resort, Diplomat, or even the W/Westin FLL Resort.

Last edited by pWei; Nov 12, 2015 at 2:11 pm
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
Any idea if we stay there the night before our flight from MIA, can we park for free ?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:54 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldspan
Any idea if we stay there the night before our flight from MIA, can we park for free ?
Hi worldspan,

I spoke with the hotel and they advised that they do not offer a Park, Stay, Fly package. Parking is only available for registered hotel guests at $20 per night.

Brock S.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
any experiences at this hotel ? Looking at this option for a night in two weeks from now (would have preferred the Hyatt House but that's very expensive for my dates). I would be curious to hear about the shuttle, quality of the gym, breakfast, and overall experience. thx
Old Feb 2, 2016, 2:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pWei
Great! I was just looking at the Hyatt options in Miami for a leisure trip and was struck by the current selection of HR Miami, HR Coral Gables and HR Pier 66. Any plans for a full service Hyatt in Miami? These are not competitive, unfortunately.

Will probably end up at Hilton FLL Resort, Diplomat, or even the W/Westin FLL Resort.
There's a new Hyatt Centric in Miami Beach. IIRC it's on Ocean Drive (but across the street from the ocean) at about 16th Street.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Staying there Saturday night

Will be staying there on Saturday evening and gladly post a review.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Hyatt Place Miami Airport-East Official Opening

I stayed here this week and had a good experience overall. Nice new shiny property, typical Hyatt Place. Decent pool deck. It is in the middle of nowhere though, not a good area to go for a walk or find a restaurant.

Small but functional gym, although the TV wouldn't work for my treadmill.

Airport shuttle worked well, you go up to departures level and call them to advise which door you are waiting at. It took mine 5min to arrive.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Has anyone been upgraded to their King Bed High Floor? From their website description, looks like a suite with a "separate sleeping and living areas".
Old May 8, 2016, 5:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Property is very convenient to MIA but is a bad choice if you don't have transport. We took a long walk around the area and couldn't find anything but a gas station to get something to eat or drink. Shuttle is every 30 minutes and a very short drive.

Room was small - for some reason as a Diamond we always seem to get the smallest room available! Wasn't cheap at about $170 and as usual sound proofing was non existant and lots of loud noise from the corridor. Bottle of Canvas wine would have been $38

Breakfast was pretty good but as usual a scrum.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
In case anyone needs to see what the rooms look like recently.

Old Mar 11, 2021, 12:21 pm

i want a room that has MIA runway view so i can see planes take off.

does this hotel have any rooms that offer runway view?

How's the aircraft noise level? this looks like a pretty new hotel, so i would imagine they have sound proof glass ?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
i want a room that has MIA runway view so i can see planes take off.

does this hotel have any rooms that offer runway view?

How's the aircraft noise level? this looks like a pretty new hotel, so i would imagine they have sound proof glass ?
There are some rooms facing towards the west where you can see the north runways. Can't remember the noise levels though.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by econ
There are some rooms facing towards the west where you can see the north runways. Can't remember the noise levels though.
is the runway view at this Hyatt Place so good that it's worth giving up higher-end hotel like Intercontinental Doral or Hilton Blue Lagoon?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Is there any reason to choose this property over the West/Doral property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.