Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Palm Springs (opening end of Sep 2024, maybe)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Palm Springs (opening end of Sep 2024, maybe)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:19 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I chatted with a Hyatt exec who is on the team for properties opening in North America. He assured me that the Thompson Palm Springs will open in 2023.
would be great. We will see.

spending 6 nights in P.S. in Feb and will not stay in the Hyatt, will miss out on 6000 bonus points, would have loved it to be already open.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 5:55 am

Website and app listing (as a Thompson) is live, will be category 5 upon opening (same as the previous listing as Andaz). It’s classified as a resort property (the plain Hyatt next door isn’t)

thompsonpalmsprings.com

Perched in the heart of the Design District, Thompson Palm Spring will bring a fresh spin to its rich cultural heritage, boasting an iconic midcentury modern design that embodies the Rat Pack-era style the neighborhood is famous for. This chic urban oasis will offer unique rooms, suites with private pools, and unrivaled amenities—available to locals and visitors alike—including a signature restaurant with Mediterranean cuisine helmed by an award-winning chef, two large outdoor pool venues, gourmet ice cream and coffee shops, plus wellness and fitness memberships”

Last edited by tailorgiven; Jan 14, 2023 at 4:02 am
Old Jan 13, 2023, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by tailorgiven
Perched in the heart of the Design District, Thompson Palm Spring will bring a fresh spin to its rich cultural heritage, boasting an iconic midcentury modern design that embodies the Rat Pack-era style the neighborhood is famous for. This chic urban oasis will offer unique rooms, suites with private pools, and unrivaled amenities—available to locals and visitors alike—including a signature restaurant with Mediterranean cuisine helmed by an award-winning chef, two large outdoor pool venues, gourmet ice cream and coffee shops, plus wellness and fitness memberships”
Will be interesting what Rat Packery they offer that's different from the rest of Palm Springs.

David
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:11 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Currently in P.S. (not staying at the Hyatt).
opening by June the latest? I have some doubts...

avogadro likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:35 am

Wow. Hope springs eternal. The sign maker must get a chuckle every time they ask him to print a new date on one of those.

We're now more than six years behind schedule with no end in sight.

[MENTION=187466]cbrown5294[/MENTION], have you shipped the tiles yet?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Originally Posted by avogadro
The sign maker must get a chuckle every time they ask him to print a new date on one of those.
Based on the pics, I'd say the sign maker will soon have another project.
DELee and 59Impala like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I chatted with a Hyatt exec who is on the team for properties opening in North America. He assured me that the Thompson Palm Springs will open in 2023.
Has anyone ever called Rob or Steve?

staying at the Hyatt currently and walked by the Andaz. still a long way to go....
billboard still shows late 2019 opening...

just past the site today. Andaz is gone and marked as Thompson with a Dec 22 opening. not much movement since my last visit.

Or are they even still associated with the project?

David
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 7:56 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Wow… it’s been 10 months since I’ve been in PS and saw the site and considering that we’d all heard work was progressing… I’m pretty shocked to see those pics. It looks pretty similar to when I last saw it, but for the (few) windows that have been put in.

2024 now?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw
Wow… it’s been 10 months since I’ve been in PS and saw the site and considering that we’d all heard work was progressing… I’m pretty shocked to see those pics. It looks pretty similar to when I last saw it, but for the (few) windows that have been put in.

2024 now?
Wow - what an optimist!

David
dw and Kacee like this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dw
It doesn't look like any interior work has been done on the ground floor; can't tell about the second and third floors. Regardless, that looks like at least six months of work, and potentially much longer given this property's history.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:32 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by Kacee
It doesn't look like any interior work has been done on the ground floor; can't tell about the second and third floors. Regardless, that looks like at least six months of work, and potentially much longer given this property's history.
I agree, it will be earliest late Q3 if not Q4/2023. unless they do a soft opening during Summer with just 1 floor or so open. But it also does not look like they have done anything to the pool level as far as I can tell from street level. And a pool is required for a Summer in PSP
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree, it will be earliest late Q3 if not Q4/2023. unless they do a soft opening during Summer with just 1 floor or so open. But it also does not look like they have done anything to the pool level as far as I can tell from street level. And a pool is required for a Summer in PSP
Based on the rains now and then the super heat in summer, would be interesting to hear from PSP locals how the climactic conditions affect rate/speed at which buildings get built in the area.

Also, has been unclear how much of what was built up to 2019 had to be reinspected, either signed off or redone.

David
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by DELee
Based on the rains now and then the super heat in summer, would be interesting to hear from PSP locals how the climactic conditions affect rate/speed at which buildings get built in the area.
Reporting from Scottsdale, I can tell you that a properly funded and managed project can be completed very quickly in the desert. California is typically more challenging from a governmental approvals perspective, but the physical environment is not the problem here.
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:01 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Do want to point out that there are two sections to the hotel and the other section was arguably further along even 10 months ago compared to the section just photographed.

I wonder if their plan is to open half the property first while continuing construction on the other half… though that could be very disruptive for guests.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:11 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by dw
Do want to point out that there are two sections to the hotel and the other section was arguably further along even 10 months ago compared to the section just photographed.

I wonder if their plan is to open half the property first while continuing construction on the other half… though that could be very disruptive for guests.
correct, the other section though is not as far as the section where the hotel would be, respectivly where the board is I photographed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.