Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Palm Springs (opening end of Sep 2024, maybe)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Palm Springs (opening end of Sep 2024, maybe)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2024, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by kpott
didn’t get any compensation?
unfortunately not. gave too much grace. probably should’ve thrown a small fit….
Old Sep 13, 2024, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Scsurf
I had exact same dates. They offered to move me, I said that was the only place I wanted to be and needed to cancel. They offered 20k points for the inconvience. I said can you make it 25k and they said we'll see and would follow up via email. I got 25k a few hours later.
oh wow. might have to call them back and ask for this. i had to rebook at 23k per night in november. up from 17k we originally booked for.
Old Sep 13, 2024, 8:56 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Scsurf
I had exact same dates. They offered to move me, I said that was the only place I wanted to be and needed to cancel. They offered 20k points for the inconvience. I said can you make it 25k and they said we'll see and would follow up via email. I got 25k a few hours later.
Did they offer any specific places to rebook you? Reached out to my concierge as have a booking over Veterans Day and she thinks it should be okay. Not a ringing endorsement, but I'll roll with it for now.
Old Sep 14, 2024, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jed33d
Did they offer any specific places to rebook you? Reached out to my concierge as have a booking over Veterans Day and she thinks it should be okay. Not a ringing endorsement, but I'll roll with it for now.
They will rebook you at the Hyatt across the street (a big downgrade) or the Grand Hyatt (previously Hyatt Regency) about 30 minutes drive away and a very different vibe vs. a Thompson. I would take the 25k points over either option.
Old Yesterday, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
My reservation was cancelled and they now stated 9/30 as the opening. I was offered the Hyatt Palm Springs at the same rate or Indian Wells at the current rate which was higher than what I paid. Neither option was appealing to me. I asked about compensation and they offered 20k points. I took the points and will follow up with MHC to get the extra points that others have received. I have had previous opening delays handled much better and would have thought a Thompson would offer better alternative options.
Old Yesterday, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Wow those are trash alternatives no one wants to pay same rate for Hyatt Palm Springs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.