Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lisbon - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Lisbon - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:38 pm

Both my concierge (over email) and the first phone rep said the basic room on points was not available for the dates I was interested in later this year, when the app and website both showed it being available on points. Don't know if there is some system issue, or whether just different reps not familiar enough with the system. Anyways, was able to book with points with the second phone rep. FYI, the standard suites have pull out sofa beds.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Cheerag Shaw
Has anyone stayed here yet?
No. Read the thread.

David
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt - Globalist, BA - Silver
Originally Posted by Cheerag Shaw
Has anyone stayed here yet?

Globalist benefit includes breakfast? Anything else?
Good question, I would be curious as well! The hotel is open (confirmed by Hyatt and there are online reviews showing up for new stays). I am staying at this property in a week so can update on Globalist benefits at that time.
HPN-HRL likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by malleron
Good question, I would be curious as well! The hotel is open (confirmed by Hyatt and there are online reviews showing up for new stays). I am staying at this property in a week so can update on Globalist benefits at that time.
Awesome. They said its 40% occupancy right now.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:47 pm

I would love an update also on the hotel, its staff, condition re completion, and location/transportation for touring and airport as well as Globalist benefits/treatment as I am trying to decide if I keep this reservation or move to another location. There is a review of the hotel being excellent that just popped up on Tripadvisor from the second day post opening. thanks in advance.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:29 pm

I can attest that the hotel is indeed open. The photo below was taken this evening from the footbridge that goes across the road to the waterfront.

There is still some construction at the hotel itself. I took the elevator down to the pool level and that isn’t scheduled to be completed until November. The roof bar and restaurant up there isn’t open and there is another restaurant on the lobby level that hasn’t opened yet.

The suites are essentially small apartments with a fully equipped kitchen (fridge, freezer, stove top, oven, dishwasher and even a washing machine, but not a clothes dryer).

We had dinner in the restaurant last night for ease of getting something to eat and it was very pleasant. Breakfast was surprisingly expansive this morning. Breakfast was certainly better than almost every Hyatt I have stayed at in the US (sadly not a difficult thing to accomplish), and compares well to some of the nicer European Hyatts. Is it the same level as breakfast at say the Park Hyatt Vienna? Probably not, but there was nothing I found disappointing.

​​As opposed to flying non-stop from the US to London, I actually booked flights with stops in Lisbon and Zurich so I could check out the Hyatt here and the somewhat new Hyatt Regency Zurich Airport. With the uncertainty surrounding the hotel's opening I did make alternative reservations that I cancelled a few days ago but I don't regret staying here and it will only be better when more is open. The fitness center I have not had a chance to check out but that is supposedly open.

Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:50 pm

Fantastic! We will be staying there the first week of December in the standard suite. Hopefully the pool will be done by then, though I am not having my hopes up (i.e. not telling my kids) considering the previous delays.

Is the breakfast a buffet offering? That's how I am interpreting the "expansive" comment. If so, any made to order options?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 2:32 pm

Do you have photos of the rooms, meals, hotel grounds?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 2:35 pm

Breakfast is a buffet, at least currently. I will ask what the made to order options are tomorrow morning. There appeared to be Eggs Benedict that one of the waiters was taking to someone and pancakes. The hot items already part of the buffet I believe were scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, roasted tomatoes and sautéed vegetables.

There is a Nespresso machine in the suite so I didn't try any coffee but I will see what the coffee menu is also tomorrow. The Nespresso machine in the suite only comes with two regular and two decaffeinated pods which doesn't get you far. I assume they wouldn't mind providing more as requested, There was also some type of sparkling wine at breakfast. I will check what that is.

There is construction work on either side of the hotel. The side toward the bridge is being turned into a public plaza. The suite we have overlooks that but the noise is barely noticeable with the sliding doors closed. You can hear the train that passes in front of the hotel that goes out past Belem to Estoril and Cascais but I wouldn't consider the noise from that disruptive.

I will try to take more photos tomorrow.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by speedytimmy
Breakfast is a buffet, at least currently. I will ask what the made to order options are tomorrow morning. There appeared to be Eggs Benedict that one of the waiters was taking to someone and pancakes. The hot items already part of the buffet I believe were scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, roasted tomatoes and sautéed vegetables.

There is a Nespresso machine in the suite so I didn't try any coffee but I will see what the coffee menu is also tomorrow. The Nespresso machine in the suite only comes with two regular and two decaffeinated pods which doesn't get you far. I assume they wouldn't mind providing more as requested, There was also some type of sparkling wine at breakfast. I will check what that is.

There is construction work on either side of the hotel. The side toward the bridge is being turned into a public plaza. The suite we have overlooks that but the noise is barely noticeable with the sliding doors closed. You can hear the train that passes in front of the hotel that goes out past Belem to Estoril and Cascais but I wouldn't consider the noise from that disruptive.

I will try to take more photos tomorrow.
po

awesome thanks for the update! Looking forward to more pics. Anything more in breakfast? Can you order off the menu?
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: Hyatt - Globalist, BA - Silver
Globalist Recognition:
  • Booked Queen River View room >> upgraded to Regency Queen Suite (living room / dining table / kitchenette / large balcony / pleasant view of courtyard and river)
  • Instead of club room access >> complimentary drink at the bar each day
  • Free Breakfast
  • Check-in was at the normal time - likely due to limited # of rooms being open. Have not tested the late checkout yet.
Overall Observations:
  • Hotel is only partially open (as others mentioned). Spa/Pool/Rooftop are not open. Two floors of guest rooms are not open (out of 4 floors). The spa not being opened will constantly give you FOMO because they have pictures of that spa everywhere in the hotel
  • Compared to other Hyatt Regency Hotels - Breakfast at Lisbon HR is superior to any that I recall staying at recently. You can order off-buffet line if you would like an omelette, waffles, pancakes, etc. The buffet choices are expansive and most are quite good.
  • Staff are okay and still learning - I wouldn't expect everything to go seamlessly if you are staying right now. Everyone is polite and most are accommodating.
  • They have a handy WhatsApp to ask the hotel any questions or make any request - super responsive.
  • The surrounding area to the hotel is an active construction scene. I don't hear any of it from my room nor can I see it. If I was staying here the next few months, I would make sure to book a river facing room just to be safe.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat Amb, AA Gold, AS Gold
Great large suites surrounded by heavy construction

Stayed last night before an early morning flight. Used FNA and received glob upgrade to apartment-style regency suite with view of the bridge and an active construction site. This seems like the preferred side of the building as the front and back are on large streets with tram and train noise. Construction noise went into the early evening (6:30 pm) when we left for dinner.

Suite was very large with separate living room and bedroom, plus a wide balcony area. Biggest TVs and fridge I've ever seen in a hotel. Excellent bed if you like a firm mattress. Kitchen was well appointed with dishes, oven, nice set of knives, immersion blender, etc and felt like a place we could live for a few weeks. We left before breakfast so didn't get a chance to try food offerings.

Downsides: hotel is located outside the core of Lisbon and is very much a work in progress. Construction surrounded the hotel and was audible despite decent soundproofing in the rooms. The hard product also felt like it wasn't all screwed down yet. For example, the handle immediately fell off the faucet in the kitchen when I tried to use it.

On the whole could see this being a great new space once completed, but currently feels like it needs another couple months for the dust to settle (literally) given the construction activity and kinks inherent in a new property.
chad75, DELee and iluvdoco like this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:52 am

Somewhat belatedly, attached are a few more photos. The view from the suite looking towards the river, the courtyard and two photos from the lobby level. It looks like our suite was closer towards the river than the post above.

peter42, DELee, iluvdoco and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:26 am

When will the spa and pool open?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Are there any rooms with king beds? Even the suites seem to have queen beds, a dealbreaker for us.
josephstern likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.