Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Chromecast in room how often does it work for you??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chromecast in room how often does it work for you??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 9:54 pm

Yup - at HH Naples and PH NY in December. Potentially as early as HR Westlake around Thanksgiving too. I usually go in via the getstreaming.tv link and put in the code on the TV.

I've been using Prime video to cast as a workaround, but I've noticed it's been a little buggy too.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by gbdbld
Also, I couldn't directly cast Chrome web pages either. Was able to during a stay in November.
Mine here can still cast a Chrome page, just not when it's YouTube. Very strange.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:36 pm

Omg its not just me!
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Honestly, I really, really wish hotels would just allow you to plug your device directly into the TV via HDMI, change the input and let me watch my content. I really don't understand the resistance to that...

Regards
59Impala likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 8:22 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by scubadu
Honestly, I really, really wish hotels would just allow you to plug your device directly into the TV via HDMI, change the input and let me watch my content. I really don't understand the resistance to that...

Regards
or even simply mirror via bluetooth or similar. I used to carry an HDMI cable with we, but mirroring would be easier. I don't see any advantage of Chromecast et all.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:37 am

Had the same issue at 2 different Hyatt Properties this month. Looks like all the properties need to update their casters.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Had this issue during an IHG stay too in late december, had to keep rebooting the TV.

I carry around a Wireless Display Adapter from Microsoft in my tech kit which helps a lot when traveling (if we have access to an HDMI port). Highly recommend it to others as well.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 8:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Had this issue during an IHG stay too in late december, had to keep rebooting the TV.

I carry around a Wireless Display Adapter from Microsoft in my tech kit which helps a lot when traveling (if we have access to an HDMI port). Highly recommend it to others as well.
I still keep a thin HDMI cable in my little mini Pelican case-o-cables for computer and iPad. Wireless casting from my computer is so flaky, at least from it (HP) to Samsung TVs. All last week my courseware projections would hang on the TV while I'm blithely plowing ahead... really annoying, but there was no other option in that case.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I was in Hyatt Regency Long Beach around the new year eve time, and met with the same Chromecast yet. I called the front desk and they told me that they were in the process of upgrade and it would take around a month... For me I always bring my own chromecast to handle cases like this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:56 pm

Getting so annoyed with these. I don't think I've ever had them work at this point. Glad I'm not alone.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:55 am

just checked out of a hotel where the hdmi for the chromecast box behind the TV was not plugged into the TV. So, check that before complaining, y'all
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Seagull689
just checked out of a hotel where the hdmi for the chromecast box behind the TV was not plugged into the TV. So, check that before complaining, y'all

I'm fully seeing the instructions on-screen, and I connect and it shows me connected, but then once I try to stream, I get the LG screen icon that says there's no video signal.

So I'm pretty sure the hardware is all in place.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I've had some issues myself.

Couldn't get it to work at HR John Wayne. Gave up as it was a short stay and didn't spend much time in-room.
At HR Orange County, at first couldn't get it to work. Tried resetting the network on my iPhone, cycling tv on/off. Didn't work until later that day.

At Andaz SD, I had to figure out myself that you had to hold the input/enter button to change input. Inputs weren't labeled so I just guessed. Then it worked.

There's definitely some inconsistency, but if it's a big enough issue I'd call the front desk.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:39 pm

Most of the time, it works. I usually just go to the mobile website and connect with the generated code. The only time when it does not work is when the hotel wifi is very spotty (i.e. HR Grand Cypress)
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can usually get it to work. The few times it hasn't I've called and they've sent someone up to fix it. Depending on how quick they are, that might mean that you miss out on a night though.

Connecting through the app rarely works but getting the code from the website works well.

I can also get my own personal one to work in a hotel that doesn't have it but that takes a bit of technical knowledge and two devices (I always have a tablet and a laptop so that's no problem, but if you are traveling with someone two phones works as well). Also I've forgotten about 3 of them plugged into the back of TVs in various hotels around the world. Good thing they are cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.