Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Cancellation Wording

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2024, 7:01 pm

These policies have to start being worded better, a few months ago I read my policy as having the ability to receive the deposit refund if cancelled outside of the windows provided, and this was a totally reasonable way to interpret my policy, however they meant that he deposit was charged and not refundable. I ended up having about 2 hrs of phone calls with Hyatt and the property (place on the big island that is no longer part of the program). Hyatt people were rude initially and refused to act as thought they understood the ambiguity, even said I should have called to clarify (which obvious makes no sense because I had no question to clarify, it was clear to me what they were saying ). Finally talked to someone who agreed with me that it really said what I had understood and they ensured I didn’t lose the deposit. First off made me very wary of booking outside of the actual Hyatt branded places (this Hawaiian place is no longer part of the program anyway) and secondly now I’m second guessing all of these terribly worded, unnecessarily brief cancelation and deposit policies. Hard drive space on servers is essentially free these days, why are they not writing longer policies that clarify these things. This must come up ALL the time.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2024, 11:00 am

With Check-in Mon, Jul 22, 2024 04:00 PM
And cancelation policy: 11:59Pm Hotel Time 7 Days BEFORE ARRIVAL or Forfeit Dep/2 Night Deposit Required

I can cancel today, July 15th, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.