Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2024, 1:02 pm

For those of y'all who've stayed at both Thompson Savannah and Perry Lane (Luxury Collection, Marriott), which one would you recommend (I'd be paying cash rate either Prive or STARS)? My sister stayed here recently and really liked it - plus I'm a general Thompson fanboy. Additionally, I don't mind that the Thompson is a little bit away from the main attractions. However, I'm seeing rave reviews about Perry Lane, in general...

From what I can gather from recent posts regarding benefits, it seems like elite recognition (Platinum here) at Perry Lane leaves more to be desired... and breakfast at the Thompson seems to be a little more robust? Destination fee would be waived at the Thompson as a Globalist.

Lastly, would renting a car be necessary? Heard taxis are cheap and plentiful, so getting around is not too bad, but it can add up quickly. And, I'd be visiting during the winter, if that influences anything.
Old Jul 14, 2024, 3:39 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K, 1MM, 1.8 MM, IC RA
I have only stayed at the Thompson because the Perry Lane was way way more expensive (I live on an island not far from Savannah). We really liked the Thompson. They have a nice restaurant and a rooftop bar that is nice as well. Breakfast is very nice. We parked our car and took Ubers and found it very easy to get Uber transportation to and from the Thompson.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.