Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seoul Hyatt Preference?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2024, 7:37 pm

Andaz vs GH Seoul

I just finished a 7 days stay as a discoverist in an Andaz base room. Originally I was debating to split it between a river view room at the GH (I stayed there in Nov 2023) and the Andaz. I ended up cancelling my reservation at the GH and just spent the entire week at the Andaz. I was so happy I did that.

The public area of GH Seoul is grand but the room felt kind of cheap especially the hardware in the shower. The Han river is too far away and it just looks like a ribbon! The location is horrible to get in and out.

Andaz Seoul also has its problems, especially the fit and finish (I would hate to be the owner or maintenance guy of this hotel). But the brand and the hotel has grown on me. I like the art display in the public area, the clean line design of the room, the enthusiastic younger staff and the location. It is so easy to get in and out using the subway or the bus. There are also tons of restaurants in the neighborhood or the Hyundai department store a few minutes walk away.

Art in elevator libby

I found the room corridor to be very soothing

Really bad water leak from shower because weather strip is not tigh at the bottom.

Horrible caulking. And any designer who don’t select Grophe or Hansgrophe hardwares for hotels should be shot 😬

The hook just came off when I tried to hang my bathrobe 🤷‍♂️
Old Jun 10, 2024, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Alinsfca
I just finished a 7 days stay as a discoverist in an Andaz base room. Originally I was debating to split it between a river view room at the GH (I stayed there in Nov 2023) and the Andaz. I ended up cancelling my reservation at the GH and just spent the entire week at the Andaz. I was so happy I did that.

The public area of GH Seoul is grand but the room felt kind of cheap especially the hardware in the shower. The Han river is too far away and it just looks like a ribbon! The location is horrible to get in and out.

Andaz Seoul also has its problems, especially the fit and finish (I would hate to be the owner or maintenance guy of this hotel). But the brand and the hotel has grown on me. I like the art display in the public area, the clean line design of the room, the enthusiastic younger staff and the location. It is so easy to get in and out using the subway or the bus. There are also tons of restaurants in the neighborhood or the Hyundai department store a few minutes walk away.

Art in elevator libby

I found the room corridor to be very soothing

Really bad water leak from shower because weather strip is not tigh at the bottom.

The hook just came off when I tried to hang my bathrobe 🤷‍♂️
Ownership demanded a lot of savings cuts from the original plans and it shows. The sink is just faux marble pieces squared together.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Ownership demanded a lot of savings cuts from the original plans and it shows. The sink is just faux marble pieces squared together.
I actually don’t mind the faux marble at the Seoul Andaz too much, but the slabs were so poorly cut and put together it is just wrong!!!

Old Jun 11, 2024, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Alinsfca
I actually don’t mind the faux marble at the Seoul Andaz too much, but the slabs were so poorly cut and put together it is just wrong!!!

Must have been cheaper than buying a sink basin but it looks awful. Liquids have a hard time draining too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.