Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Strategic Partnership with German Lindner Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strategic Partnership with German Lindner Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2023, 2:05 am

The Lindners are somewhat run-down business hotels, similar to weaker hotels from the Hilton and CP brands. On the upside, every room has a desk. Downside is the rooms feel dated. Lobby areas and service are also a step down from your typical business Hilton or Sheraton.

The me and all hotels are the more interesting ones. They are in much better shape, in fact, several are brand-new. They obviously target a younger audience. E.g., staff will not address you formally with Mr./Ms; breakfast has the typical avocado-based dishes, chia pudding, beetroot hummus, etc.; the bar runs DJ nights.

Many me and all feature a very nice coffee shop (Rosterei Vier). On the downside, standard rooms are quite small. If you want to spend a lot of time in the room such as for working, getting a higher room category is really desirable. The me and all incorporate "boutique" design which is in poor taste (like at the Moxy).

Overall, me and all is a much better fit with JdV than Lindner. Again, my main gripe is that base rooms are so small but this is not so unexpected of a JdV and will also be the case for, say, some of the Story hotels.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by ffgap
The Lindners are somewhat run-down business hotels, similar to weaker hotels from the Hilton and CP brands. On the upside, every room has a desk. Downside is the rooms feel dated. Lobby areas and service are also a step down from your typical business Hilton or Sheraton.
I've now stayed at several Lindner hotels. They should not be compared to a Hilton or Sheraton. But rather a Holiday Inn or Park Inn in Europe. And their published rates reflect such a comparison.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 3:29 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by ffgap

The me and all hotels are the more interesting ones. They are in much better shape, in fact, several are brand-new. They obviously target a younger audience. E.g., staff will not address you formally with Mr./Ms; breakfast has the typical avocado-based dishes, chia pudding, beetroot hummus, etc.; the bar runs DJ nights.

Many me and all feature a very nice coffee shop (Rosterei Vier). On the downside, standard rooms are quite small. If you want to spend a lot of time in the room such as for working, getting a higher room category is really desirable. The me and all incorporate "boutique" design which is in poor taste (like at the Moxy).

Overall, me and all is a much better fit with JdV than Lindner. Again, my main gripe is that base rooms are so small but this is not so unexpected of a JdV and will also be the case for, say, some of the Story hotels.
Agree that many of the Lindner hotels are a poor fit with JdV. Stayed at several now, and the characterization of "somewhat run-down" business hotels is quite apt. In Cologne, I couldn't believe my eyes when I arrived at my room. Felt like walking into a Japanese hotel from the 90s, which had never seen any updates (think HR Fukuoka, Sheraton Kobe, any number of unrenovated CPs). These ancient Lindners would perhaps be a better fit for the generic HYATT brand, but I guess they wanted to keep the Lindner name. Service and elite recognition were actually quite good in several cases -- Lindner Cologne Dom didn't have my room ready at 2:30pm, so the front desk agent invited me to have a beer at the bar. The room came with a massive amounts of welcome gifts -- 2 bottles of water, 2 beers, 2 large bags of gummi bears, a luggage tag, a small perfume bottle, and a plush toy. Hard to fault at 5k points minus new property promo and Chase 20% discount.

Stayed at me and all in Dusseldorf and Ulm and was very impressed. These are quirky hotels with interesting design. As you say, lots of avocado and beetroot hummus, staff will address you with the informal "Du" (and indeed, in Dusseldorf I was lectured "wir sagen alle Du hier"). I found the location of both hotels ideal for my needs. In Mainz, the me and all was only ~€20 cheaper than the HR, so I picked the latter on account of the club with its massive wine list and full restaurant breakfast. It's important to understand that me and all competes with Aloft/Moxy rather than full-service hotels. It does compare favorably to the handful of Aloft/Moxy properties I visited in Europe. The brand fits right in with the Story hotels I stayed at in Sweden.

All that said, once again I am pleasantly surprised by the value provided by Hyatt redemptions. Despite their shortcomings, even the ancient Lindners are excellent value on points. Take, for instance the pricing during my Cologne stay:

Lindner Dom 3.5k or €123
Lindner City Plaza 3.5k or €160
HR 15k or €173
Marriott 42k or €132
Courtyard 27.5k or €142
Hilton 56k or €161
Wasserturm Curio 111k or €176

Of course Marriott and Hilton are completely out-of-whack, but even compared to the HR, the Lindners are appealing value. I'm sure we will see some category changes when the next annual adjustment hits, but for now, there are great redemptions out there. I'm also pleased to see generous "low season" periods at some of these properties; coasting to Globalist re-qualification in August at Lindner Berlin must sound more appealing to Europeans than heading to cheapo HRs or Alilas in SE Asia.
Old Oct 28, 2023, 3:41 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Agree.

However, we all shall not forget, that the cooperation of Hyatt and Lindner includes a capital investment from Hyatt into Lindner hotels to start a broad renovation of all the assets. So this is just the starting point now.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 5:16 pm

I just had a inexcusable incident at antewp lindor and the hotel hasn't responded is there anyone higher up that I can get involved other then regular corporate
Old Nov 8, 2023, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ijones027
I just had a inexcusable incident at antewp lindor and the hotel hasn't responded is there anyone higher up that I can get involved other then regular corporate
Have you tried calling them? I actually called them recently and they were very helpful.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by kaiotes
Have you tried calling them? I actually called them recently and they were very helpful.
I sent a tweet and they sent a request to the hotel and they didn't respond either, my phone experience hasn't been great but I guess I'll give it a shot
Old Dec 7, 2023, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by jpdx
Agree that many of the Lindner hotels are a poor fit with JdV. Stayed at several now, and the characterization of "somewhat run-down" business hotels is quite apt. In Cologne, I couldn't believe my eyes when I arrived at my room. Felt like walking into a Japanese hotel from the 90s, which had never seen any updates (think HR Fukuoka, Sheraton Kobe, any number of unrenovated CPs). These ancient Lindners would perhaps be a better fit for the generic HYATT brand, but I guess they wanted to keep the Lindner name. Service and elite recognition were actually quite good in several cases -- Lindner Cologne Dom didn't have my room ready at 2:30pm, so the front desk agent invited me to have a beer at the bar. The room came with a massive amounts of welcome gifts -- 2 bottles of water, 2 beers, 2 large bags of gummi bears, a luggage tag, a small perfume bottle, and a plush toy. Hard to fault at 5k points minus new property promo and Chase 20% discount.

Stayed at me and all in Dusseldorf and Ulm and was very impressed. These are quirky hotels with interesting design. As you say, lots of avocado and beetroot hummus, staff will address you with the informal "Du" (and indeed, in Dusseldorf I was lectured "wir sagen alle Du hier"). I found the location of both hotels ideal for my needs. In Mainz, the me and all was only ~€20 cheaper than the HR, so I picked the latter on account of the club with its massive wine list and full restaurant breakfast. It's important to understand that me and all competes with Aloft/Moxy rather than full-service hotels. It does compare favorably to the handful of Aloft/Moxy properties I visited in Europe. The brand fits right in with the Story hotels I stayed at in Sweden.

All that said, once again I am pleasantly surprised by the value provided by Hyatt redemptions. Despite their shortcomings, even the ancient Lindners are excellent value on points. Take, for instance the pricing during my Cologne stay:

Lindner Dom 3.5k or €123
Lindner City Plaza 3.5k or €160
HR 15k or €173
Marriott 42k or €132
Courtyard 27.5k or €142
Hilton 56k or €161
Wasserturm Curio 111k or €176

Of course Marriott and Hilton are completely out-of-whack, but even compared to the HR, the Lindners are appealing value. I'm sure we will see some category changes when the next annual adjustment hits, but for now, there are great redemptions out there. I'm also pleased to see generous "low season" periods at some of these properties; coasting to Globalist re-qualification in August at Lindner Berlin must sound more appealing to Europeans than heading to cheapo HRs or Alilas in SE Asia.
Just booked Lindner Prague for summer 2024 and got amazing redemption value 3.5k or €162 per night. Room does look dated, but at this level of redemption, can't beat that award value. Especially when other option in town (Andaz) is coming in at 21k or €378 per night. May as well take advantage before the renovations hit and the Category levels rise.
SF1K and ffgap like this.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:10 am

The Lindner DUS airport is now a decent hotel in its price range upon completion of its renovation. If they renovate all Lindners like that, I'll revise the opinion I voiced further up in this thread.

For now, I mostly avoid the Lindners. They're dated. Hate their bedding (pillows waaay too soft, comforters too thick). And their weak AC. The me and all, on the other hand, are all good to great.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I recently stayed at two Lindner hotels, the Vienna Am Belvedere and Bratislava locations. The Vienna location was definitely dated, but had friendly staff and bartender and a pretty good breakfast. The Bratislava property appeared much newer and I'd put at or slightly above a newer Hyatt Place, but the breakfast wasn't as good as the Vienna property. For 3500 points, I wouldn't complain about either one. Only thing is neither elite night credited automatically and I had to reach out to my concierge who quickly fixed it.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 1:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Lindner Frankfurt Main Ppaza

Due to the train strike, I booked a last minute stay at Lindner Frankfurt Main Plaza.
price was 142€.
They offered early check-in for 60€, which I paid for (it was 8.30am). After 2 long flights, I needed a hot shower.

otherwise, nothing to report, old dated property. It was also really hot in the room(maybe due to higher floor).

breakfast was decent.

quite close to Ostendstraße station for S8 train to FRA.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 12:35 pm

Antwerp Lindner

Stayed here for 2 nights over Xmas.
Property is located right at the south end of the main train station. A slight walk to major bus or metro. Breakfast is on the first floor. Buffett style. It is good enough. No a la carte options. Rooms are 'old' they upgraded me to their supposedly largest suite. It faced an office building. I wasn't able to control the thermostat as it was very warm. 40-50f outside!. They admitted the rooms are cooler on the other side. I initiated asked for a suite w a view but they recommended this one. I had paid 6.5k a night (peak). I wouldn't pay more cuz maid service was sloppy. Empty soap bottles. Inconsistent free water bottles. First night had 2 regular ones, 2nd night provided additional sparkling water. All the mini fridge items are not free for globalists. No welcome gift or note. Nada. One of the rooms in the bathroom couldn't open. I will guess it's for the toilet. So I just used the bathroom near the entrance. Rooms lacking sufficient lighting.

Cheap $10 EUR champagne

Waffle maker

futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 3:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Do the Lindner hotels really have a 30-day cancellation policy?

I was thinking of booking Lindner Berlin with points, and saw that they have a 30-day cancellation policy even with points, which I’ve not experienced before.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Quarantine
Do the Lindner hotels really have a 30-day cancellation policy?

I was thinking of booking Lindner Berlin with points, and saw that they have a 30-day cancellation policy even with points, which I’ve not experienced before.
Perhaps it’s a special time period? I booked Lindner Berlin before and cancelled it with way less lead time than 30 days, though don’t recall the exact policy. For Vienna, I think it was 2 or 3 days this fall.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by martzipan
Perhaps it’s a special time period? I booked Lindner Berlin before and cancelled it with way less lead time than 30 days, though don’t recall the exact policy. For Vienna, I think it was 2 or 3 days this fall.
My booking at Vienna for early April the confirmation said this
CANCELLATION POLICY:
24 HOURS PRIOR OR 90 PCT OF STAY FEE/ CC REQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.