Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Strategic Partnership with German Lindner Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strategic Partnership with German Lindner Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by kaiotes
I don't know where your room was, mine was outdated. It was humongous but very old. See my photos a couple pages back.
Can only confirm your assessment. My suite last month was super basic and old. Lobby and breakfast are ok, but that’s all…
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by LRobs
Your photos are accurate. It is not stylish and the walls are barren but the stuff isn't actually that old. Perhaps you mean dated in terms of style which is true, it is very 2000s but it is way better than the location on Köln that appeared to have original furniture from the 1990s. I am not saying this is a Park Hyatt, I am saying it is a nice hotel for the 4500ish points per night I paid.
I agree. What I meant was stuff looks old, worn. For a cat1 it is what it is. It was in the 50Fs outside and the AC did not work as my room was 70+.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by LRobs
Parking is a massive underground complex underneath the hotel and several surrounding towers. If you park in the correct area you can take an elevator that comes out on the side of the hotel exterior. I think the rate is €22/day or like 19.60 if you have some card/app I'm not familiar with
Thanks
Old Mar 24, 2024, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by frank_10b
for those who have stayed at the Cologne Koln City Plaza, does it sound like that experience was better than what one would find at the Lindner Koln am Dom?
Both Cologne Lindnera aren't great. If pressed, I'd go for the City Plaza, though. It's dated, too, and has that super soft and thick Lindner bedding of which I am no fan. But at least the room is furnished slightly better and noise insulation is better, too.

But honestly, until the HR is fully renovated, I'd stick with non-Hyatt options in Cologne. The Wasserturm Curio is pretty good overall (main downside is the mediocre buffet breakfast). On the budget side, the Motel Ones are okay. And Marriott has some options (including a brand-new Tribute which is very cheap but somewhat outside the city center).
Old Mar 24, 2024, 5:23 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
[QUOTE=ffgap;36105284
But honestly, until the HR is fully renovated, I'd stick with non-Hyatt options in Cologne.[/QUOTE]
I would say the HR is pretty OK even before renovations. No thought about the Lindners in Cologne.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed recently for 1 night at Lindner Frankfurt Main Plaza. Globalist recognition was excellent and they upgraded my award night to the Skyline 2 bedroom suite (maybe because we had 3 people). Suite was massive and great views of the city. Breakfast was great as well, lots of variety. Excellent value at 5k points a night.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by pregabalin
Stayed recently for 1 night at Lindner Frankfurt Main Plaza. Globalist recognition was excellent and they upgraded my award night to the Skyline 2 bedroom suite (maybe because we had 3 people). Suite was massive and great views of the city. Breakfast was great as well, lots of variety. Excellent value at 5k points a night.
Isn't this property a cat 2 hotel? (costing 8K points per night instead of 5K)
Or was it cat 1 before?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:18 pm

Lindner Antwerp

Tries to find this hotel on here but no luck.

any experience? Worth the stay in Antwerp?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:13 pm

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by earthshine
Tries to find this hotel on here but no luck.

any experience? Worth the stay in Antwerp?
There's definitely a thread somewhere in the Hyatt forum as I've contributed to it.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:30 am

Programs: AF Ultimate/AY plat/SK EBG/LH SEN/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by agjil
Isn't this property a cat 2 hotel? (costing 8K points per night instead of 5K)
Or was it cat 1 before?
just moved to cat 2
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:05 am

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Sharing for the sake of conversation, but IHG has just announced a tie-up with Germany's NOVUM Hospitality that will add nearly 120 midscale hotels to IHG's footprint in the next four years, as well as two brand debuts on the old continent; the niu brand alone adds 45 hotels to the Holiday Inn family [some of them look really good and could almost be vocos]. Makes the Hyatt-Lindner collaboration look positively paltry by comparison; this would've been great for Hyatt to bolster JdV and introduce other brands too, but... oh well.

khabah
jpdx and futuramadramallama like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by khabah
Sharing for the sake of conversation, but IHG has just announced a tie-up with Germany's NOVUM Hospitality that will add nearly 120 midscale hotels to IHG's footprint in the next four years, as well as two brand debuts on the old continent; the niu brand alone adds 45 hotels to the Holiday Inn family [some of them look really good and could almost be vocos]. Makes the Hyatt-Lindner collaboration look positively paltry by comparison; this would've been great for Hyatt to bolster JdV and introduce other brands too, but... oh well.

khabah
I honestly think Novum is the pits.
Quite a few Lindners are already questionable and while I am all for an increased Hyatt footprint, I also strongly advocate not to dilute quality.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:35 pm

Programs: AF Ultimate/AY plat/SK EBG/LH SEN/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by sw1x
I honestly think Novum is the pits.
Quite a few Lindners are already questionable and while I am all for an increased Hyatt footprint, I also strongly advocate not to dilute quality.
I was excited about the expanded hyatt foot print but then I visited alua hotels in Malaga 😂😂🙈
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
I was excited about the expanded hyatt foot print but then I visited alua hotels in Malaga 😂😂🙈
Most of these AMR properties look best to avoid by miles.
kauppias likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by sw1x
Most of these AMR properties look best to avoid by miles.
good for a cheap night and cheap booze with a ALL inclusive package but thats it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.