Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Strategic Partnership with German Lindner Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strategic Partnership with German Lindner Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2023, 9:48 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by beachfan
Antwerp, Berlin, Prague are already on my list.
I know you said Germany, but your list also has cities outside Germany, so I would definitely put Vienna on the list if that tickles your fancy so to say.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 11:45 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Don't waste your time for cologne. That's really not worth it. Hamburg is triple as nice.

Vienna is a good idea though, that's right!

Lindner Portal Nous on Mallorca is also a good option.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 1:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Do these hotels have AC?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:15 am

Anyone know what category the Sylt one will be?
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by abcx
Anyone know what category the Sylt one will be?
Wouldn’t surprise me if Hyatt end up putting it at Cat 5 — or 6 or maybe even a crazy 7 — just because of the seasonality of demand and related pricing. I doubt they will let it be a Cat 4 (or below) and available for Cat 1-4 awards.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by demue
I know you said Germany, but your list also has cities outside Germany, so I would definitely put Vienna on the list if that tickles your fancy so to say.
yes, Vienna was great but went for a week there last September, at the PHV, not ready to go back.

Last edited by beachfan; Jul 17, 2023 at 2:57 pm
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:38 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
I’ve just booked several of these properties for next year as category 1 properties for a measly 5K points a night. IMHO, the property categories are grossly inaccurate and will certainly adjust to category 2/3/4 to reflect the offering and market pricing of the properties. At 5K per night they are offering ridiculously great value at ~5-6cpp (depending on property). It’s just a matter of time before they are are recategorsied. Get in while you can!

I note earlier in this thread some concern about air conditioning. This caught my attention because whether 5 or 5,000 points, there’s no way I would consider a property without aircon during a European summer. I have checked that each property I have booked lists aircon as a “feature” of the room, but whether it works well if at all is another matter. I have to believe that Hyatt would enforce a minimum level of room comfort standards to align with their brand and marketing. There must be some members in this forum with first hand experience?
Old Jul 17, 2023, 12:00 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by beachfan
yes, Vienna was great but doesn’t a week there last September, at the PHV, not ready to go back.
Haha, fair enough and PHV is certainly an excellent place to stay.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 8:25 am

Programs: Lots
I’m spending a week in Germany and will be staying at four of the new hotels to get the 500 point bonus. So far have stayed at the Hamburg Hagenbeck and the me and all Kiel. The Hamburg hotel is next to the zoo and has appropriate decoration (and then some). It has almost a safari lodge feel in some places, but the elevators have what look to be submarine portholes with colored lights behind them that change. Was given what the called a Jr Suite as a Glob on the top floor where the hallway was hot pink. It was a lot, but in a way I enjoyed. Me and all is a different matter but was expecting that. Rooms are tiny as someone mentioned above, but still fine. Received a view of the harbor which is nice enough. No idea what there is to do in Kiel but it was a short train ride from Hamburg and 500 points is 500 points…. Air conditioning works fine in both hotels although fortunately it’s not too hot in Germany at the moment so not really being put to the test. I wouldn’t be too worried though, I suspect the system is no more or less likely to have issues than at any other hotel.

Overall a positive experience. They’re not luxury properties but that’s not what they’re sold as. Me and all is probably closest to Hyatt Place although there is a pool and ping-pong table in the lobby so going for somewhat of a younger crowd. The regular Lindner hotels seem to fit in well with JdV. A solid expansion of reasonably priced EU hotels. Hope they continue to grow and maybe target some additional regional chains.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by rota
Yeah, thanks for clarification. I meant the other cities are not worth visiting for a foreigner. Hamburg is nice and Sylt is a very special island. Both are worth to visit.
Certainly you are entitled to your opinion, but I would not dismiss Prague (especially) as not worth a visit.
Old Jul 19, 2023, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by gregorio1
Certainly you are entitled to your opinion, but I would not dismiss Prague (especially) as not worth a visit.
I don't think rota did.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 9:30 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gregorio1
The question was only about German properties, so I didn't talk about Prague.
sw1x likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by IggySD
[...] Me and all is probably closest to Hyatt Place although there is a pool and ping-pong table in the lobby so going for somewhat of a younger crowd. The regular Lindner hotels seem to fit in well with JdV. A solid expansion of reasonably priced EU hotels. Hope they continue to grow and maybe target some additional regional chains.
I think Me&All is supposed to be a bit like Moxy or Caption-by-Hyatt.
PG.backpacker likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 2:43 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Linder Hotel Antwerp has a beautiful redone lobby steps from the central train station, with comfortable rooms, ample complimentary sparkling/still water, expresso maker, and comfortable bed/bath. Given a room with a nice city view with two chair sitting area. Due to the Tommorrowland Festival in town my redemption value was over 10 cents per point compared to the posted last minute rates!

They launched some of these properties majorly undercatagoried from what I can tell so far. Hitting up three more properties in Germany this week.
frank_10b likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 4:21 pm

This is great. Was looking for some holiday hotels in Germany and now can finally get more Hyatt nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.