Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Toranomon Hills (Tokyo) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Toranomon Hills (Tokyo) REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2024 | 7:05 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Metro is a toss up as both have easy access, though GH might be a bit more of trek.

Getting a suite upgrade at GH is difficult, so wouldnt count on it.

And I think you already answered the question about the club. While it is a nice perk, if you are out for most of the day and wont be able to use it, then

I would say pool and gym give the GH an upper hand if those things are of interest.

Thanks, going to try here, always query clubs though. If anything like the Hyatt Regency in Tokyo then no thanks, if its like Ritz Carlton HK, then im willing to make other compromises

Thanks Again
Old Sep 19, 2024 | 7:07 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: QRPC Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHg Diamond Amb, Sixt Diamond, Avis Pres, AmexCenturion
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Metro is literally right below the hotel. Most convenient property amongst all the Hyatts. GH is a good walk to the nearest metro but they have veueve clicquot during happy hour in the club
Thanks, dont drink alcohol, so the champagne wont swing me. Endless Sushi, Kobe and Waygu would

Old Sep 19, 2024 | 7:07 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by redblaze
My wife and I just completed a stay between Sep. 11th and Sep. 15th here. We got a Deluxe Suite King Bed on 14th floor, room number 411.

The room was great and spacious, no complaint at all. Everything was new and well designed/built.

The location of this hotel is pretty convenient from subway perspective. The Toranomon Hills station is right under the hotel and we don't even need to go outside. Also there were always taxis waiting outside lobby at least from my experience.

Breakfast was pretty good. It was on 1st floor inside the restaurant Le Pristine (hope this spells right). Not a whole lot space but during my stay I didn't need to wait even once. The food was great, not as vivid as a real 5-star Asian hotel breakfast buffet but enough for us.

The Gym was mediocre, and even a bit disapointing in my opinion. Firstly you have to walk a long way from the elevator. Then the gym just doesn't have a lot of equipment. No cable machine/smith machine. Only dumbbell sets and a bench. And there were only 2 treadmills.

The Lounge actually doesn't have any real food served during our stay. Best thing is some pound cakes in plastic bags. It really is a space for people to sit and talk and look at Tokyo Tower. It also suffers same problem as the gym that you have to walk some distance from elevator.

Overall I think this hotel is great with its room and location. I wish it could bring more to its gym and lounge.
Appreciate
Old Sep 19, 2024 | 7:09 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by rota
Also recommending Toranomon Hills over GH, as long as you can apply a Suite upgrade award, as the standard rooms are pretty small (even the suites are not that big).

Breakfast was great for us. I recommend the pancake, which was really a fluffy wonder in both optics and taste.

Sadly we didn't have enough time to test the bar/restaurant but it looked very nice.
However, there is also a huge food market with plenty of restaurants and shops just down the escalator in the building.
​​​​​​
Really a convenient location for work as well as travel in my mind.
Awesome, thanks! Will speak to my concierge to get two SNA's applied to both rooms
Old Sep 19, 2024 | 9:11 am
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager
Thanks, dont drink alcohol, so the champagne wont swing me. Endless Sushi, Kobe and Waygu would
LImited sushi and sashimi? They have those on a rotating basis during HH
Old Sep 21, 2024 | 10:00 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Originally Posted by SAWorldVoyager
With PH closed, Hotel TH has become our go to in Tokyo. I've stayed here 4 times since opening (we live in Okinawa). I'm actually here right now. What I like about it is that it's not touristy, but I can easily access the tourist locations. It's a business hotel. And Toranomon is still building so every time we return, there's new shops & restaurants. There's quite a few sushi options between T-market, Mori Tower & the Business tower now. You can walk between the building underground or on the overhead walkways without visiting the major construction on the sidewalks. Hopefully, you'll have a great time!

Also, for anyone else. They change their breakfast menu quite frequently. There are some staples, but the pancakes, noodle dish, & rice pudding seem to change regularly. In fact the pancakes on offer yesterday were different from this morning (although they are just average pancakes).
Old Sep 22, 2024 | 11:03 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: MP
A newb question: I've stayed at this property once and really liked it and am looking to come back for 4 nights.

I'm currently not yet a globalist but I do have access to a guest of honor upgrade and a SUA. What strategy should I be using if a room upgrade is what I'd like most?

I see that on my days there's these suites available:
- Suite King
- Deluxe Corner Suite King
- Panorama Cornere Suite King

Given the above options, should I use my GOH or a SUA or neither? It seems like people have generally very positive experiences with upgrades at this hotel.
Old Sep 22, 2024 | 12:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wanderingshi
A newb question: I've stayed at this property once and really liked it and am looking to come back for 4 nights.

I'm currently not yet a globalist but I do have access to a guest of honor upgrade and a SUA. What strategy should I be using if a room upgrade is what I'd like most?

- Suite King

Given the above options, should I use my GOH or a SUA or neither? It seems like people have generally very positive experiences with upgrades at this hotel.
I believe only the Suite King and the Corner Suite King are SUA-able suites at this property.
Old Sep 22, 2024 | 12:53 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, BR, BA
Originally Posted by st40611
I believe only the Suite King and the Corner Suite King are SUA-able suites at this property.
Deluxe Suite King is also SUA-able, but not Deluxe Corner Suite.
Old Sep 23, 2024 | 2:52 am
20 Years on Site

- Suite King

If you are hoping for a "free" room upgrade upon check-in, but not necessarily into a suite, then you can roll the dice.

If you are looking for an upgrade into a suite, then why not use the SUA to confirm into that now? If you wait until check-in, nothing is guaranteed until that time.
Old Sep 23, 2024 | 8:48 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: MP
Thanks all! It's my first time considering GoH/SUA, so your answers have been very helpful!
Old Sep 23, 2024 | 9:23 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K

- Suite King

From what I've heard, that regular deluxe rooms are rather small, I would use a SUA to have a more comfortable stay as even by suite standards, the rooms are on the smaller side
Old Sep 27, 2024 | 10:25 am
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Looking at Oct 25, didnt see points availability.

saw some st the Hyatt Centric Ginza. Anyone stay at both and can compare, especially using a TSU?

i understand the location difference but interested in suite comparisons and soft product.
Old Sep 27, 2024 | 10:16 pm
30 Countries Visited60 Nights3M10 Years on Site

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
Looking at Oct 25, didnt see points availability.

saw some st the Hyatt Centric Ginza. Anyone stay at both and can compare, especially using a TSU?

i understand the location difference but interested in suite comparisons and soft product.
HC Ginza only has a premium suite for that date, so you wont be able to use TSU, right?
Old Sep 28, 2024 | 1:26 am
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
HC Ginza only has a premium suite for that date, so you wont be able to use TSU, right?
sorry, meant Oct 2025. I am fairly flexible on dates, I dont see any points availability at Toranomon Hills in October 2025.

in fact, tried lists of dates in Oct 25, no availability. Tried longer stays too.

But if I start Sept 30, 2025 then I could stay two nights, a week, or two weeks on points. Something odd about how availability is loaded.

Last edited by beachfan; Sep 28, 2024 at 1:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.