Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Dream Hollywood REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dream Hollywood REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2024, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by southlondonphil
The pool bar and grill is actually run by Tao Group Hospitality rather than the hotel itself I believe, and yes, those folks were great.

Stayed here recently on a Hyatt Privé rate. All I got as a Room Upgrade was a minor bump from Bronze to Bronze with Balcony - on the other hand the lower 'Bronze' floors are further from the noise of the rooftop club on weekends so 'comme ci, comme ça'.

On Checking out I did have to get the front desk to add the Privé $100 F & B Credit and Free Breakfast Credit though, and I now have to open a case with Hyatt because I've been credited with an Eligible Spend amount that is $300 less than even the pre-'taxes and fees' cost of the accomodation, before even taking into account any additional F & B spend.
Seems I am also running into this issue. I had a spend of 199 for the room, tax was like 30+ amenity not charged as I am globalist. Point wise they based it on qualifying spend of 17x. No clue how they got this number. I couldn't even pull up the folio in the app. After a reservation agent sent me the folio, they went crickets to my follow up email.
​​​​
Old Jun 8, 2024, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
This is a common IT problem with Hyatt across all properties. Waived items (parking/resort fee/breakfast) end up taking eligible spend negative.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
and I now have to open a case with Hyatt
Originally Posted by kaiotes
After a reservation agent sent me the folio, they went crickets to my follow up email.
​​​​
These types of things are what MHC is for.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by stvr
This is a common IT problem with Hyatt across all properties. Waived items (parking/resort fee/breakfast) end up taking eligible spend negative.
correct.

I’ve had my concierge fix this issue manually. I used to just ignore it but now I’ll contact and ask for a fix, since it’s less points and less Lifetime base points too
Old Jul 15, 2024, 1:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Have Globalists gotten parking waived here on award stays?
Old Jul 27, 2024, 4:02 pm

I'm torn between Dream or Thompson. My wife is a light sleeper and both of these hotels have negative DPs of noise issues due to the club/rooftop bar sounds resonating. Any advice?
Old Jul 27, 2024, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by PathSelector
I'm torn between Dream or Thompson. My wife is a light sleeper and both of these hotels have negative DPs of noise issues due to the club/rooftop bar sounds resonating. Any advice?
Stayed at both on Memorial Day weekend. You can ask for a room at the Thompson whereas you wont hear noise. They're cognizant of that at least.

The Dream is a party hotel and next to a club. You essentially hear noise around the property.
Old Jul 27, 2024, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by ProjectSunburst
Stayed at both on Memorial Day weekend. You can ask for a room at the Thompson whereas you wont hear noise. They're cognizant of that at least.

The Dream is a party hotel and next to a club. You essentially hear noise around the property.
I see, then I probably won't consider Dream. As for The Thompson, if upgraded to a Suite, are those near the top towards the noise?
Old Jul 28, 2024, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by PathSelector
I see, then I probably won't consider Dream. As for The Thompson, if upgraded to a Suite, are those near the top towards the noise?
I’d avoid that too. Got a suite during my last stay on the 5th floor (six levels below the club) yet the noise is audible.

Last edited by GeneralTalker1030; Jul 28, 2024 at 5:23 am
Old Jul 29, 2024, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by GeneralTalker1030
I’d avoid that too. Got a suite during my last stay on the 5th floor (six levels below the club) yet the noise is audible.
Haha looks like both Dream and Hollywood the type of places where you DON'T want a Suite then, if you care about getting a quiet night of sleep

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.