Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to send letter to CEO?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Yes of course I'll PM Hyatt with their case number and the details. It's just so frustrating because here i am saying that i feel that my concerns are not being addressed by the hotel and that I want to contact corporate in the hopes that they will help me to be heard, and then they respond here by saying they are going to send this back to the hotel!
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:20 am
Original Poster

In case anyone is interested, this is what i found on the government's website. I'm not a lawyer but it seems pretty clear.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The hotel is not going to admit anything, it should be clear at this point they'll do everything they can to disclaim any liability for an ADA violation.

If you want a real remedy, you'll need to engage a lawyer who will prosecute an ADA claim. That's probably the only thing that will make the property management actually pay attention, as opposed to trying to brush you off.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jhgf
In case anyone is interested, this is what i found on the government's website. I'm not a lawyer but it seems pretty clear.
People are trying to help you by steering you in the right direction, instead of wasting time and energy on something that will not get anywhere.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Thank you yes i appreciate everyone's comments. And I'm grateful for all your advice. I was trying to post the link to the government's info on the ADA but i was too new to flyertalk to post a link.
https://archive.ada.gov/reachingout/lesson71.htm
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:53 am

This is your best bet

File a Complaint | ADA.gov
Old Apr 12, 2023, 12:32 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by CLEguy
No, the CEO isn't going to go to whatever hotel this is and install a lift. What the CEO or other senior Hyatt executives can (and are more likely to do) is make ADA issues more visible and of a higher priority within the company. ...
Or they'll just get rid of the shuttle.

Maybe the driver thought the OP was falling backwards and was trying to help. Most shuttle drivers don't like lifting 30 lb. bags. I doubt there's really a widespread problem of drivers trying to throw people into vans.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jhgf
Yes of course I'll PM Hyatt with their case number and the details. It's just so frustrating because here i am saying that i feel that my concerns are not being addressed by the hotel and that I want to contact corporate in the hopes that they will help me to be heard, and then they respond here by saying they are going to send this back to the hotel!
It's a reasonable first escalation step. If the hotel is ignoring you, maybe they will not ignore Hyatt since they have a business relationship with them that needs to be maintained.

If that doesn't work, then you take the next step.

What is it that you want? Do you want compensation? Do you want to guy who lifted you to be reprimanded? Fired? Do you want the hotel to somehow ensure that seeing like this doesn't happen again? All of the above? This is an important question because you might want to take a different path depending on your goals.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
It's a reasonable first escalation step. If the hotel is ignoring you, maybe they will not ignore Hyatt since they have a business relationship with them that needs to be maintained.

If that doesn't work, then you take the next step.

What is it that you want? Do you want compensation? Do you want to guy who lifted you to be reprimanded? Fired? Do you want the hotel to somehow ensure that seeing like this doesn't happen again? All of the above? This is an important question because you might want to take a different path depending on your goals.
Exactly. I think we are all confused what you are trying to accomplish here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.