Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place San Carlos REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2023 | 11:00 am
Original Poster
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist
5 Years on Site

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, AA EXP, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Mlife Noir (=> Marriott Amb), invol FT beta tester

I'm wrapping up a stay at this relatively new property, which I was glad to see had opened up (in May, I think I heard someone say) since my last trip to this specific part of the Bay Area.

tl;dr good to have another mid-Peninsula Hyatt option, especially compared to the tired Hyatt House across 101 in Belmont/Redwood Shores. The Hyatt Place is on El Camino, near a SamTrans stop (ECR/397/398) and halfway between the Belmont and San Carlos Caltrain stations.

Ultimately it's still an HP, but at least it's fresh and new and all the staff members I interacted with were friendly and cheerful.

The safe is huge and can easily store a large laptop with room to spare.

Assuming the layout on all floors is the same, rooms 01-04 are along El Camino, the odd numbers from 05 to 33 run down the left side (which is not directly on F street, there's another building in between), 06 to 32 down Spring Street, and 34-36 along Laurel St (this stretch of Laurel is residential).

Typical nothing-fancy breakfast options -- fairly average scrambled eggs both days I was here, bacon and home fries yesterday and pork sausage and hash browns today. The container on the left had oatmeal yesterday and, oddly, rice porridge today (but kinda dried out and gummy looking, and the only accompaniments were scallions and bacon bits, lol).

Last edited by Zorak; Aug 23, 2023 at 8:49 pm
Old Aug 23, 2023 | 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Nice to see they are using Keurig-style coffee pods. Not that I am a big fan of plastic waste, but for longer stays, especially when maid service is limited (or I don’t want daily room cleaning) it’s nice to be able to choose my own coffee flavor at the nearby Safeway

Also glad to see another option on the peninsula.
Old Nov 6, 2023 | 8:40 pm
Original Poster
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist
5 Years on Site

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, AA EXP, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Mlife Noir (=> Marriott Amb), invol FT beta tester
Stayed here again recently. I had a rental car this time; parking was signed (both on the previous visit and this one) at $10/night; however I had no trouble finding street parking on Spring St. right next to the property.

I was assigned the exact same room, lol -- so other than the parking info, I have nothing new to add, except that the room has been enhanced with a second throw pillow!

Kacee likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023 | 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
It’s nice that that property has a room safe. Assuming they are targeting business travelers, that seems to be a must in that area since everyone will come with a laptop. I just stayed at a different HP in CA this past weekend and not having a safe was somewhat annoying.
Zorak likes this.
Old May 20, 2024 | 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The website says that EV charging is available.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...transportation

Does anyone have any details on that? How many, and what do they cost (if anything?) on top the of the $10 parking fee? Don’t see any info on PlugShare for this location.
Old Jul 21, 2024 | 10:07 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb/ LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Finishing a one night stay and and more impressed than previous posts.

1) Looks like off site parking no problem which includes a strip shopping area which was deemed safe by the person checking me in. Also mentioned it would not be noticed if decided to use the garage. Offered upgraded room which I suppose meant location making sure it was on top floor. Said facing street had a view, others not so much. Wanted quiet and quiet was given. No view with windows opening about three inches. Three inches more than expected.....perfect!

2) I've never seen a bar/dining area like this one. Spacious/comfortable + outdoor seating. Had breakfast options I could do which happens maybe 10% of the time. Plus, the heavy duty metal knives/forks/spoons HP intended, but seldom seen nowadays. Even a few pottery cereal bowls.

3) Room on smallish side for HP. Nice to see large safe, television and bath products. Because of newness....great mattress and comfortable enough to use sofa and no noticable stains anywhere.

Hardly ever in this area anymore. Harry's Hofbrau Redwood City. Turkey dinner for under $20 works for me. Maybe not for the under 50 crowd among us.
notquiteaff and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jul 21, 2024 | 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hedoman
Harry's Hofbrau Redwood City. Turkey dinner for under $20 works for me. Maybe not for the under 50 crowd among us.
Yuck. I lived for many years in the area. Tried Harry’s exactly once. Was terrible. And I am not in the under 50 crowd (anymore… but admittedly then was). Surprised that place is still around, with so many good restaurants on the peninsula.

Also, answering my own question up-thread about charging, I did receive a reply back from the hotel:

”Our hotel has 6 EV chargers. You should have no troubles accessing this space, since it's reserved for car charging.
The fees are managed through a 3rd party, ClearToken, with fees ranging from $4.50 for 2 hours of charging and longer charger options are available.”

I will be staying there in a few days.
JackE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.