Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2024, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: IB+ Gold, TK E+, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by weiterrocken
Then why do they offer Globalists to apply it? Makes no sense at all. Would be so easy to just not show this for Globalists. That’s like putting a check on your table at a restaurant of an all inclusive hotel, saying that you should pay and in the smallprint “meals are already included”. It is sketchy.
Globalists can be making a booking for a time when they expect to have lost their status. For example making a booking today for a stay in March 2025 after an expected downgrade.

The more IT has to mess around with "what if" scenarios, the more problems arise. The current situation is clearly the safest. If a Globalist wants to waste a GoH on themselves despite the warning then nobody is harmed.
Old Aug 22, 2024, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by weiterrocken
Then why do they offer Globalists to apply it? Makes no sense at all. Would be so easy to just not show this for Globalists. That’s like putting a check on your table at a restaurant of an all inclusive hotel, saying that you should pay and in the smallprint “meals are already included”. It is sketchy.
Just because you are a Globalist now, doesn’t mean you will be a Globalist when you stay.

Hyatt has no way of knowing if you’ll achieve Globalist again in the future.

Could it possible not show if your stay is before Feb 28 of the following year or for people who have already achieved 60 nights to extend status? Sure. But it’s not as easy as you made it be.

It only makes no sense to people haven’t thought of those scenarios where your solution won’t work.
InFlightJay likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2024, 11:43 am

Here's a new one to me. Called glob line to apply a goh to a friend award stay and they transferred it from my account to theirs then applied it. Hours later, my friend gets an email saying hey sorry, as long as you have 1 free night on your booking with 4 nights of points, we will have to remove your GoH.

Wasn't aware for one that free nights and goh don't go together (I'm so ****ing sick of Hyatt and their BS attempts to enforce breakage on all awards by arbitrarily not letting you use stuff together), but more it shows that the restriction is not even a coded issue since they applied it fine and only later threatened to remove it after looking at it.

Edit to add interesting side note. After talking to rep to remove the GoH, she did tell me something I had not considered (not that it changes my perception on the obnoxious arbitrary rules but at least I understand a slight bit of motivation on their part). She mentioned part of the reason for the breakage inducing rules is that Hyatt and the reimbursement rates for certain awards compared to points is different, so it seems that it's part of Hyatt begging hotels to take the flag and reduce the impact to them by agreeing to restrict award types on a reservation to just one, so apparently they must pay less for things like free night certs vs points.
Charlie9 and InFlightJay like this.

Last edited by antonius66; Aug 28, 2024 at 12:10 pm
Old Aug 28, 2024, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
Here's a new one to me. Called glob line to apply a goh to a friend award stay and they transferred it from my account to theirs then applied it. Hours later, my friend gets an email saying hey sorry, as long as you have 1 free night on your booking with 4 nights of points, we will have to remove your GoH.
hyatt never allowed "double" certs (i always thought due to IT limitations of essentially having only one field for cert code but based on your example maybe not) - nothing new here. Just book with points, apply goh or upgrade cert and book the last night with cert separately - you may or may not get perks by extension.
A very minor inconvenience i can live with - it's not like other chains are offering smth better. ymmv as always
Old Aug 28, 2024, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
hyatt never allowed "double" certs (i always thought due to IT limitations of essentially having only one field for cert code but based on your example maybe not) - nothing new here. Just book with points, apply goh or upgrade cert and book the last night with cert separately - you may or may not get perks by extension.
A very minor inconvenience i can live with - it's not like other chains are offering smth better. ymmv as always
I think it’s still the same issue. Hotels combine back to back reservations so now you have a FNA and a GOH on the same reservation.
Old Aug 28, 2024, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66

Wasn't aware for one that free nights and goh don't go together (I'm so ****ing sick of Hyatt and their BS attempts to enforce breakage on all awards by arbitrarily not letting you use stuff together), but more it shows that the restriction is not even a coded issue since they applied it fine and only later threatened to remove it after looking at it.

Edit to add interesting side note. After talking to rep to remove the GoH, she did tell me something I had not considered (not that it changes my perception on the obnoxious arbitrary rules but at least I understand a slight bit of motivation on their part). She mentioned part of the reason for the breakage inducing rules is that Hyatt and the reimbursement rates for certain awards compared to points is different, so it seems that it's part of Hyatt begging hotels to take the flag and reduce the impact to them by agreeing to restrict award types on a reservation to just one, so apparently they must pay less for things like free night certs vs points.
Thanks so much for posting this. I was also unaware of this rule and had a similar reservation coming up for which I was planning to attach a GOH cert. However, I changed it back to all points.
Old Aug 28, 2024, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
What the OP needs to is book the award nights on 1 res with the name of 1 person and then use the GOH on that, then book a 2nd res using another person who will be staying for the cert res, Of cause if only 1 person will be staying this wont work. From from I recall I didnt have to list every persons name on a res, so Allan Jones party of 2 for 3 nights on pts using a GOH and hang up and call back and gift the cert to Alice Jones party of 2 for 1 night, the Hotel will probably make them change rooms for the cert night sometimes they wont.
Old Aug 29, 2024, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Hello,
Just opened a WoH account and gave to GoH award to my ex wife so that she can take the children on holiday to Morocco.
The awards appear on her account but when trying to book the hotel there isn’t the option to use them (cash rate so it’s not because they can’t be combined with a FNA).
Any idea what could be the issue?
Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Hello,
Just opened a WoH account and gave to GoH award to my ex wife so that she can take the children on holiday to Morocco.
The awards appear on her account but when trying to book the hotel there isn’t the option to use them (cash rate so it’s not because they can’t be combined with a FNA).
Any idea what could be the issue?
Thanks!
How did you just open a WOH account and you have GOH go gift? That makes no sense.

As for your recipient just have them call in to apply it.
Old Aug 29, 2024, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
How did you just open a WOH account and you have GOH go gift? That makes no sense.

As for your recipient just have them call in to apply it.
Maybe he was referring to a new WOH account for his ex wife?
InFlightJay likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2024, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by SP03
Maybe…the wording is a bit ambiguous I suppose. Either way the best solution is posted.
Old Aug 30, 2024, 5:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SP03
Yes!
Sorry for the confusion…
InFlightJay likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2024, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA-Plat, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum
Sorry if this has already been covered in the thread, but I wasn't able to find it.

I understand it's not possible to combine multiple certificates on the same stay (e.g., cat 1-4 free night award and suite upgrade award).

Does this also apply to a 2K Next Stay Award and a cat 1-4 free night award? I read the T&C fine print in the app when selecting the 2K Next Stay Award, but it's still not clear to me.
Old Sep 12, 2024, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by ArthurSFO11
Sorry if this has already been covered in the thread, but I wasn't able to find it.

I understand it's not possible to combine multiple certificates on the same stay (e.g., cat 1-4 free night award and suite upgrade award).

Does this also apply to a 2K Next Stay Award and a cat 1-4 free night award? I read the T&C fine print in the app when selecting the 2K Next Stay Award, but it's still not clear to me.
Works fine.
ArthurSFO11 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2024, 11:17 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
If a gifted Guest of Honor award is sent this year, but the recipient completes the stay next year (but before the end of February), would the sender accrue a qualifying night for this year (the year the gift was sent, and the status-year the gift is "attached" to), or next year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.