Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Morristown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Morristown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2017 | 8:33 am
30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Stayed here using a DSU and was assigned a Plaza Suite. It's an okay setup with two rooms (suite area and standard room) connected via a small entrance way door that can be closed giving access between the two. Both rooms are starting to show a bit of wear and could use a renovation. The lobby was beautiful with the Christmas tree and decorations.

As of 2017, parking is now $10/night for hotel guests

Breakfast is in the lobby restaurant, buffet or off the menu. I had a small $1.25 charge for one of my meals (buffet+small tip) but didn't bother arguing over it. It seems like they automatically add anything over ~$25 all-in to your bill.

If you need to be in Morristown proper it's in a great location, but otherwise it's one of the weaker Hyatt Regency's in the portfolio.
Old Jan 13, 2017 | 8:42 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Pingtung
As of 2017, parking is now $10/night for hotel guests

Breakfast is in the lobby restaurant, buffet or off the menu. I had a small $1.25 charge for one of my meals (buffet+small tip) but didn't bother arguing over it. It seems like they automatically add anything over ~$25 all-in to your bill.
Whoa! There is a fee for parking now?! That's crazy. Thanks for the update. It is one of my go to hotels when I am in the area and need a place to stay. So they no longer validate the parking ticket at the front desk to comp the parking? Is this your first time at this hotel? They normally validate the ticket so you don't have to pay. Sorry if you knew this already, but just curious.

For breakfast, I was never charged an additional tip...I've always only done the buffet. Did you write a tip in the tip section?
Old Jan 13, 2017 | 12:00 pm
30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Whoa! There is a fee for parking now?! That's crazy. Thanks for the update. It is one of my go to hotels when I am in the area and need a place to stay. So they no longer validate the parking ticket at the front desk to comp the parking? Is this your first time at this hotel? They normally validate the ticket so you don't have to pay. Sorry if you knew this already, but just curious.

For breakfast, I was never charged an additional tip...I've always only done the buffet. Did you write a tip in the tip section?
They still validate the parking, but they now charge it to your folio. I actually stayed twice since Jan 1 and it was a point of emphasis from the front desk both times. It's also listed on their website as well. I had never stayed previously, but had read up on this thread.

I wrote a small tip when doing buffet and menu, but probably didn't trigger their coded threshold with my single entree order.
Old Jan 13, 2017 | 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Pingtung
They still validate the parking, but they now charge it to your folio. I actually stayed twice since Jan 1 and it was a point of emphasis from the front desk both times. It's also listed on their website as well. I had never stayed previously, but had read up on this thread.

I wrote a small tip when doing buffet and menu, but probably didn't trigger their coded threshold with my single entree order.
Wow! I wonder why the change. I wonder if there is a change in management. That's unfortunate there is a charge now =(
Old Mar 6, 2018 | 8:03 pm

Anyone stay here recently? Has the parking situation changed? Is the parking no longer validated/comped anymore? I see on their website, it says the parking is $15 for overnight now.
Old Feb 10, 2019 | 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
I saw that no one has posted any updates, recently.
Regarding the parking situation, a $16 charge is posted to the room (when you present your ticket), I was told that if you don’t charge it to the room, the normal overnight parking fee is $23. I had asked whether this charge was waived for globalists & was told that since the parking garage is not owned by the hotel, they don’t waive the fee.

Unless one can avoid bringing a car (or bill is covered by another party), I feel this fee is an added cost for a property that is definitely just ok (although Morristown is a lovely town).
Old Feb 10, 2019 | 10:25 am

They used to waive the parking for everyone. Don't think the lot was owned by them ever so that is a poor excuse. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I used to stay here a lot, but moved elsewhere since the parking isn't worth it. Haven't stayed here ever since they stopped waiving the parking, breakfast is poor and rooms are dated. So does that mean since the parking isn't owned by them, parking with a stay on points/certificates aren't waived either?
Old Jan 16, 2022 | 5:47 am
formerly a193991
50 Countries Visited40 Nights2M5 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I have seen multiple articles that this hotel has been renovated, e.g.

https://eu.dailyrecord.com/story/new...ns/6526398001/

I doubt though it has gone through a rebranding and presume the thread title is just wrong.
@moderators - can you please correct to Hyatt Regency Morristown vs just Hyatt. Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2024 | 5:49 am
5 Years on Site

Has anyone stayed here since the renovations and can comment on what the experience was like (check in, rooms, service, etc.)?
Old Feb 25, 2024 | 12:46 pm

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently?
Old Jun 17, 2024 | 6:33 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Will stay here next week and give an update then!
Old Jun 28, 2024 | 3:26 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Stayed here five nights for business and lobby and rooms were renovated recently. You can use the next door public gym “Crush”, which is really good and offers everything you need.

Unfortunately, there is no real restaurant but just a “marketplace” with a bar, where they also serve breakfast. Actually not so important because you are right in the center of Morristown and some pretty nice bars and restaurants are in walking distance.

If you are in the area for business, I can recommend it and would stay here again as Globalist.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.