Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2023, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Current Global offers:

1- Sep 6 2023 - End of football season 2024: receive 15% off at participating properties with the code GOJALIN15. News release here
2- Nov 3 2023: Earn 2X points and get 5% off. Book by December 5, 2023 for stays completed between Nov 3, 2023, and Apr 30, 2024. Use code STAYNOW to book. 659 participating properties shown here https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ibilities.html

Current local offers:

1- Hotel Figueroa, downtown Los Angeles: Save 20% on stays of three nights or more, and toast to the season with two festive complimentary cocktails from the Holiday Bar Cart; offer code HOLIDA https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...fercode=HOLIDA

Print Wikipost

Hyatt Discount Codes (many are Corporate)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023 | 10:15 pm
100k100 Nights

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by freckles123
Let's be honest, you know they actually exist
Well this is stupid and facetious...
Old Feb 10, 2023 | 12:53 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Centurion, Virgin Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Question to anybody that uses Corporate Codes regularly... I am curious what percentage of stays you've been asked for employment ID of some sort? The Microsoft code provides too large a saving for the hotel I am about to book in the US for me not to consider it!
Lhkiwi likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023 | 3:01 pm
Original Member
20 Countries Visited1M20 Years on Site

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by controlz
Question to anybody that uses Corporate Codes regularly... I am curious what percentage of stays you've been asked for employment ID of some sort? The Microsoft code provides too large a saving for the hotel I am about to book in the US for me not to consider it!
Enforcement is up to individual property/rate/agent.
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023 | 5:19 pm
50 Countries Visited60 Nights5M20 Years on Site

Programs: UA-Gold, AA-Gold, Hyatt-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
I have seen DPs on FT about codes that take it from $1000 night to $200 a night. I am really curious if these actually exist.
Yes, they do. I do think these Corp codes are region and hotel specific. I came across a luxury brand's code when I mistyped our corporate code and here are some comparison. Pls do not IM me for the code.

Park Hyatt Tokyo = $313+ vs Chainwide rate at $933+ (so, I lied....not exactly $200 per night)
Vendome = $575+ vs. $1493+
Park Hyatt Seoul = $230+ vs. $309+
Grand Hyatt HKG = $306+ vs. $380+
Park Hyatt Milan, PH NYC and many others US properties that I checked = displayed chainwide normal rates.
Old Feb 10, 2023 | 7:40 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I am curious what percentage of stays you've been asked for employment ID of some sort?
Originally Posted by seawolf
Enforcement is up to individual property/rate/agent.
Globalist through >60 nights a year for over 5 years now. I have legitimate access to a corporate code, and my employment has only been verified at two properties.
  • Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui - Asked on check in. Presented my business card which was accepted.
  • Park Hyatt Sydney - Corp rate reduces rooms from 4 figures to $300~ a night. The property liaises directly with my companies travel desk to verify employees. Had a colleague who resigned, which resulted in the PH sending an email cancelling an upcoming booking as she was no longer authorised to use the rate.
Old Feb 10, 2023 | 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold
I've only used corporate codes twice. Was never asked for anything at Hyatt Regency Waikiki, but was asked for proof of association at check-in at Park Hyatt Tokyo (which I did provide).
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 1:06 am

What are the requirements for using a corporate code? For example, if I am joining a company a month after the hotel stay, and have previously been with the company before, is that ok?
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 6:25 am
40 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by battlerme
What are the requirements for using a corporate code? For example, if I am joining a company a month after the hotel stay, and have previously been with the company before, is that ok?
Corp discount is for business related travel. For big companies with large discounts, they may have a different code for person travel, usually with a less generous discount.

So if you are not working at the company, and not traveling for that company, the answer is pretty clear.
battlerme likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 6:52 pm
Suspended
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by SP03
Corp discount is for business related travel. For big companies with large discounts, they may have a different code for person travel, usually with a less generous discount.

So if you are not working at the company, and not traveling for that company, the answer is pretty clear.
this is nonsense. i travel all the time to places like Andaz Maui and Hyatt Tahoe and Alila Marea on my corporate rate and have never been quizzed on if i’m attending important business meetings on the beach. how comical.
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 7:12 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Colin
this is nonsense. i travel all the time to places like Andaz Maui and Hyatt Tahoe and Alila Marea on my corporate rate and have never been quizzed on if im attending important business meetings on the beach. how comical.
Not comical. As someone who had visibility over Hyatt contracts, some contracts stipulate a code for official company travel and another for leisure. It's for your company travel department for reporting.
seawolf and lowkeyflyer like this.
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 7:28 pm
skj
50 Countries Visited3M15 Years on Site

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
this is nonsense. i travel all the time to places like Andaz Maui and Hyatt Tahoe and Alila Marea on my corporate rate and have never been quizzed on if im attending important business meetings on the beach. how comical.
Andaz Maui asked for company ID last week. I was using my company's leisure rate code which was about 1/3 the "Member Rate". I wonder if the level of discount is considered when asking for proof of eligibility.
Old Feb 11, 2023 | 8:10 pm
Suspended
20 Years on Site

a business card or even just a relevant email adress proving the corporate domain will always be sufficient to validate eligibility for a corporate rate. the idea that a professional needs a letter from his manager stating the business nature of a trip is ludicrous. to all those who have a reasonable grip on reality, have zero pause that hyatt won’t allow you to stay on a corporate rate associated with your real life employer when the true nature of the travel is leisure.
Old Feb 12, 2023 | 8:08 am
Original Member
20 Countries Visited1M20 Years on Site

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
a business card or even just a relevant email adress proving the corporate domain will always be sufficient to validate eligibility for a corporate rate. the idea that a professional needs a letter from his manager stating the business nature of a trip is ludicrous. to all those who have a reasonable grip on reality, have zero pause that hyatt wont allow you to stay on a corporate rate associated with your real life employer when the true nature of the travel is leisure.
What you described is not how a business travel only rate is actually enforced. To your point, the hotel is not going to know Jane Doe is John Smiths manager even if presented with an email approval.

For contracts that do specify business travel only and is actually enforced, arrangements have been made between business and specific properties that hotel will check the name of the travel agency the booking was made from and are on the look out that these business travel only corporate rate should only be honored if made by a certain travel agency. That business travel agency will not make bookings without approval from travelers manager.

Originally Posted by skj
Andaz Maui asked for company ID last week. I was using my company's leisure rate code which was about 1/3 the "Member Rate". I wonder if the level of discount is considered when asking for proof of eligibility.
level of discount/email address/if booked by agency/history of past abuses with that rate etc YMMV

Last edited by seawolf; Feb 12, 2023 at 8:14 am
Old Feb 12, 2023 | 9:26 am

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Andaz in Tokyo recently moved to requiring coordination with management to authorize rate use.

PH in Tokyo still satisfied with badge.

Per HR rate is valid for personal use, but it appears that specific hotels are starting to validate ahead of time, or require booking through corporate portal (yuck).

Drops the rate to about 25% of what the member rate is so I guess it makes sense in some circumstances.
Old Feb 12, 2023 | 9:57 am
30 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

a business card or even just a relevant email adress proving the corporate domain will always be sufficient to validate eligibility for a corporate rate. the idea that a professional needs a letter from his manager stating the business nature of a trip is ludicrous. to all those who have a reasonable grip on reality, have zero pause that hyatt wont allow you to stay on a corporate rate associated with your real life employer when the true nature of the travel is leisure.
Yeah that's kind of the entire point isn't it? This entire thread is only here for people trying to scam and use corporate rates they aren't entitled to. It serves zero purpose other than that. People on legit corporate travel? Yeah they need have no worry in pretty much any situation but that is not what is being discussed here 99.9% of the time. If you actually work for a company and have business cards, badges, emails, and can get communication with your company if needed, you'll never have any issues regardless of what silly nonsense is being mentioned here but no one here is ever asking about that. We all know every single person here is asking about fraud and how/if/how likely it is they all get away with it. Let's abandon the pretense please with the pseudo legitimate discussion as if anyone believes that's the issue being inquired about.
seawolf, Colin, RK23 and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.