Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Marrakech REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Marrakech REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2024, 10:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
Take the Four Seasons and don't look back.
Especially for a February 2024 booking. Word to the wise.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Marriott FSPP
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Especially for a February 2024 booking. Word to the wise.
Is there any special reasons behind this for February?
Old Jan 18, 2024, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by vincentzh306
Is there any special reasons behind this for February?
Post #105??
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Marriott FSPP
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Post #105??
Thx.

I read it wrong in the first place. thought you were talking about FS is the way to go in February. My bad.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 1:29 am

Per my review of the Hyatt booking page. Most all inventory remains missing. I wish the best for whoever is brave enough to book.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 9:18 am

I would highly recommend to stay clear of this property at any cost for the time being. They are in no shape to receive guests. They opened and now seemingly closed again as availability was removed from the website and the GDS blocked. Several members of senior management of other luxury hotels in Marrakech were refused entry, despite having scheduled a site visit. They have budget issues and not enough staff to run operations.

Perhaps in April or May the situation will be different, but given the GM and the way he runs the property, Globalist or any recognition is hard to come by. As mentioned here before, they do not plan on upgrading a lot. There were some sketchy issues behind the scenes with some department heads regarding funding, etc.

The golf course is a strategic selling point of the property. We shall what happens... but here is a reason Wolfgang Puck pulled out of the contract.

Thank you to those contributing here, especially [MENTION=883772]LoungeLizardHugo[/MENTION] -- but I agree that this property is best avoided for now. Everyone I spoke to on ground in Marrakech said that they are acting weird and also rude... the GM has little luxury experience.
synd, iwc, EuropeanPete and 1 others like this.

Last edited by scented; Jan 31, 2024 at 9:37 am
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scented
I would highly recommend to stay clear of this property at any cost for the time being. They are in no shape to receive guests. They opened and now seemingly closed again as availability was removed from the website and the GDS blocked. Several members of senior management of other luxury hotels in Marrakech were refused entry, despite having scheduled a site visit. They have budget issues and not enough staff to run operations.

Perhaps in April or May the situation will be different, but given the GM and the way he runs the property, Globalist or any recognition is hard to come by. As mentioned here before, they do not plan on upgrading a lot. There were some sketchy issues behind the scenes with some department heads regarding funding, etc.

The golf course is a strategic selling point of the property. We shall what happens... but here is a reason Wolfgang Puck pulled out of the contract.

Thank you to those contributing here, especially [MENTION=883772]LoungeLizardHugo[/MENTION] -- but I agree that this property is best avoided for now. Everyone I spoke to on ground in Marrakech said that they are acting weird and also rude... the GM has little luxury experience.
Shocking, but not surprising. It sounds like the GM is way out of his league here. A laughingstock to not be ready or able to carry out a scheduled industry site visit.
EuropeanPete, scented and llb09 like this.

Last edited by Aventine; Jan 31, 2024 at 6:19 pm
Old Mar 15, 2024, 11:11 pm

Opening got pushed from April 1 to May 1 recently.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 6:14 am

Programs: LX SEN & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by theroc
Opening got pushed from April 1 to May 1 recently.
Which year?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Gioventu
Which year?
2028 at this rate in time for renovations..
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 4:08 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
I've heard it is still slated for 1st May. I am in Marrakech in a couple of weeks, so will try to find out more.
theroc and LoungeLizardHugo like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:33 am

I'm not seeing reservations until June 1st now. Guess I'm going to have to find a different hotel for my mid May trip!
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:30 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Originally Posted by john_ft
I'm not seeing reservations until June 1st now. Guess I'm going to have to find a different hotel for my mid May trip!
I posted an update in the Luxury Forum about this property after my visit this week. Hence wont repeat the details here. Link below. Happy to provide details over DM. Best yes, my view is that it is safer to move your stay to June/July than May. The property is ready but still finalising a few details.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36119988-post513.html
john_ft likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by kosy91
I posted an update in the Luxury Forum about this property after my visit this week. Hence wont repeat the details here. Link below. Happy to provide details over DM. Best yes, my view is that it is safer to move your stay to June/July than May. The property is ready but still finalising a few details.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36119988-post513.html
Thanks for the update/link! Unfortunately our dates aren't changable, there is nothing Hyatt can do for us, so we're leaning toward booking the Oberoi after looking at reviews.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by john_ft
Thanks for the update/link! Unfortunately our dates aren't changable, there is nothing Hyatt can do for us, so we're leaning toward booking the Oberoi after looking at reviews.
That’s a good idea. Please avoid the other Hyatt (SLH partner) hotels such as Nobu, Ksar Char etc. The Nobu in particular is terrible and not at all anywhere close to any of these other properties.

Oberoi is lovely. Had dinner there 2-3 days back. Beautiful property. Had a quick chat with the team there. Only issue is distance from Marrakech town/Medina… its quite a trek. Its a good property if you want to spend all your time in the hotel with occasional visit to Medina for touristy thinga but not daily visits unless you are OK with the back and forth drives.

You’re better off booking Oberoi through Virtuoso as the benefits will be very useful at Oberoi. If you need help with bookings or any other advice, let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.