Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia in-flight catering thread. Post your photos here

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2024, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
IB3160 MAD-LHR; breakfast up to London this morning

Old May 14, 2024, 4:25 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS), matched to AZ Volare Premium, AF & SQ nobody
Ok that looks suspiciously like the breakfast listed on my GVA flight, so I'm definitely going for a KSML.
TarquinMontague likes this.
Old May 15, 2024, 8:30 am

Hi,
I will be taking these 2 flights next week in D,
1. Cairo (CAI) T1 - Madrid (MAD) T4S - Iberia IB3627 . Airbus A321neo (Operated by Iberia Express)
2. Madrid (MAD) T4 - Vienna (VIE) T3 - Iberia IB3120 . Airbus A320 (Operated by Iberia)
When I check from Iberia's page, it doesn't seem to allow any pre-select dining, is this correct?

For MAD-VIE, the menu is now available, as per below, does it mean it's same for all passenger?
Starter
Creamy red berries yoghurt

Main
Plain omelette accompanied with sautéed mushrooms and grilled tomato with Hollandaise sauce

Dessert
Selection of fresh seasonal fruits
From the bakery
Warm artisan bread served with organic extra-virgin olive oil and butter
Beverages
Selection of drinks, coffee and teas

Last edited by Prospero; May 25, 2024 at 9:39 am Reason: Adjust text colour for dark mode readers
Old May 15, 2024, 9:24 am

Yeah that looks to be the current breakfast rotation (photo above!). And correct, just the single option for breakfast unless you order a special meal.
kayzng likes this.
Old May 25, 2024, 9:06 am

MAD-GVA breakfast (KSML)

100% better than the standard offering. This not only had an omelette with mushrooms (right, it also came with roasted veg), there was smoked salmon and two desserts (chocolate cake and fruit). Only semi-awkward moment was trying to tell the flight attendant she could skip the usual routine with Kosher meals as I wasn't Jewish and just wanted something different for breakfast.

Originally Posted by chacor
GVA-MAD (lunch)
Starter
Seared prawn on a bed of 'mojo picón' paprika sauce
Mains
On board you can select one of the following dishes:
Roasted chicken breast served on a grilled corn mousseline with sautéed vegetables
Potato and Manchego cheese gratin served with zucchini sauce, sautéed edamame and green peas
Dessert
White chocolate and lime cake with red berry coulis
Went with the chicken. Unfortunately turbulence meant it wasn't the most aesthetic when the foil was removed, but as others have said upthread, surprisingly juicy for chicken breast on a plane. Very tasty. Not pictured: a Valor 70% dark chocolate chocolatina offered after trays were cleared.
DELLAS likes this.
Old May 25, 2024, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
I don't have pictures, but Thursday lunch MAD-LHR was a pasta dish (ravioli) or a stuffed grilled squid. Shrimp appetizer and a chocolate mouse dessert. I went for the squid and my wife for the pasta. All quite tasty.
Old May 30, 2024, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver IHG Diamond Ambassador Hilton Diamond
LHR-MAD - IB3175 (A330-300) - 30 May 2024 - (A330) - Standard Menu

Starter: Seared Prawn and Paprika Sauce

Main Option 1: Roasted chicken breast with corn mousseline and vegetables. I chose this.

Main Option 2: Potato and Manchego cheese gratin, with courgette sauce, edamame and spinach

Dessert: White Chocolate and Lime Cake, with berry coulis.

Followed by coffee service and dark chocolate

Old May 30, 2024, 7:48 am

IB just won an award for its on-board catering: https://grupo.iberia.es/news/3005202...ational-awards
Old May 30, 2024, 12:28 pm

Programs: Southwest gave me drink coupons once
Wait people are getting full on meals for a 2.5 hour flight?

it’s like flying from LA to Dallas. I just watch something on my phone and I get a bag of pretzels and a soda and we’re damn near beginning descent lol
Old May 30, 2024, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by cdl1012
In J, yes. In Y it's buy-on-board.
Old May 30, 2024, 12:42 pm

it’s like flying from LA to Dallas. I just watch something on my phone and I get a bag of pretzels and a soda and we’re damn near beginning descent lol
Yep, standard for European J. Quality and definition of what that meal is, does vary wildly.

AF, BA and IB have the better catering amongst European carriers.
Old May 30, 2024, 1:58 pm

It's wild that european carriers even offer lie flat J for 2.5 hour flights lol. But last time I flew LA to Dallas, American Airlines flew a 3 class 787 with lie flat J and screens for economy class. Guess they have some spare long haul config 787s not doing anything?
Old May 30, 2024, 2:10 pm

It's wild that european carriers even offer lie flat J for 2.5 hour flights lol. But last time I flew LA to Dallas, American Airlines flew a 3 class 787 with lie flat J and screens for economy class. Guess they have some spare long haul config 787s not doing anything?
Most don't. Standard eurobiz is regular economy seats, some carriers (including IB and BA) block the middle seat.

But LHR-MAD / MAD-LHR is served by two daily widebodies by IB, a 333 and a 359 (and previously I know I've flown a BA 772 on this route before too), for cargo purposes.
Old May 30, 2024, 2:12 pm

What the above poster said. The only carriers in oneworld that offer regular business lie flats (from London) on European short haul are Iberia and Finnair.

The default Eurobusiness is A319-A321 with a middle seat blocked. Most European airlines do not have a “better” business class seat on short haul (or even medium haul, BA operate A321s to Jordan from London, a 5.5 hour flight.
Old May 30, 2024, 5:27 pm

Ah got it. So it's unusual in Europe but not a one off deal since Iberia has these regularly scheduled

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.