Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crazy immigration lines at T4S

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2024 | 11:44 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
The private security aren't the police. I used to have that and I would just insist that the police had told me to use that queue (which had the advantage of being the truth).

If questioning it, just ask the officer next time through the regular queue (note that all this should be done in Spanish) and they should just say so and then you have orders from the people actually running the show.
@lupinechemist did as you suggested and the officer did say I can use the EU <18 queue, excellent intel!!! Hope it actually works on my return
Old Aug 5, 2024 | 2:07 am

0922 arrived at gate
0930 empty queue at passport control (couldn't test the <18yrEU queue for perm-res)
0938 on the transit train
0943 at the luggage hall
0950 on cabify (so 28min at gate to on cab)
~
1015 luggage arrived (so just about 40min from arrival at gate)

Last edited by csycsycsy; Aug 5, 2024 at 8:35 pm
Old Aug 6, 2024 | 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: TK Elite
T4S to T4 connection yesterday early afternoon (arriving from BOG). Absolutely no queue at the e-gates for EU citizens; was through within 1-2 min.

Not that many passengers on the transit train from T4S to T4 (after immigration), but T4 seemed at bit busy with lots of people.
Old Aug 7, 2024 | 3:55 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: BA Silver · VY apologist · IB up and coming
Originally Posted by csycsycsy
@lupinechemist did as you suggested and the officer did say I can use the EU <18 queue, excellent intel!!! Hope it actually works on my return
Sorry to bring this up again, but I want to be sure I'm following: The consensus here is that with my permanent residence card and foreign passport I can go to the EU side and then use the "under 18 years old" line to go through a human booth? I used to do this all the time when it was all humans but stopped when they put in the e-gates. I didn't realize there was still a human option. Presumably this will work at BCN as well.
LupineChemist likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2024 | 4:28 am

Originally Posted by alanw
Sorry to bring this up again, but I want to be sure I'm following: The consensus here is that with my permanent residence card and foreign passport I can go to the EU side and then use the "under 18 years old" line to go through a human booth? I used to do this all the time when it was all humans but stopped when they put in the e-gates. I didn't realize there was still a human option. Presumably this will work at BCN as well.
Ah, didn't know it already was a thing, makes even more sense then.
Would suggest, as Lupine suggested, that you ask next time you exit, then you'll have an official approval for usage on return instead of quoting FT/past exp before egates?
LupineChemist likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2024 | 3:03 am
20 Countries Visited

Programs: BAEC, HH
Latest situation?

Apologies for resurrecting this thread but we are due to fly next week with a transfer at Madrid T4S from LGW to T4 on to TFN (both Iberia Express flights) with a 2.5 hour connection time.

Has anyone been through recently and is it still the same situation with long queues and delays for non EU passport holders?
Many thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2024 | 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Programs: IB+ Gold, TK E+, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by The Travelling Nobody

Has anyone been through recently and is it still the same situation with long queues and delays for non EU passport holders?
It's never a permanent situation of long queues and delays.

It simply fluctuates during the day. If you are unlucky enough to land just after 3-4 long-haul flights, then your wait will be long.

If your flight is delayed and the queues are long, there is supposedly a "short connection" booth - the staff monitoring that queue would allow you to go that way if your connection is truly tight.
Old Sep 15, 2024 | 4:25 am
20 Countries Visited

Programs: BAEC, HH
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It's never a permanent situation of long queues and delays.

It simply fluctuates during the day. If you are unlucky enough to land just after 3-4 long-haul flights, then your wait will be long.

If your flight is delayed and the queues are long, there is supposedly a "short connection" booth - the staff monitoring that queue would allow you to go that way if your connection is truly tight.

Thank you.
Old Sep 16, 2024 | 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: TK Elite
2½ hours is not considered tight IMO
Old Sep 16, 2024 | 1:39 pm

Programs: Southwest gave me drink coupons once
I have a 5.5 hour connection. I hope I'll have enough time...

... to have 3 glasses of wine to help with the jet lag.
Old Sep 16, 2024 | 6:00 pm
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
As a reference point...

Arrived off the 6.15am IB arrival from CLT. Non-Eu was pretty full (photo attached) but only took 25minutes in the 'flight connections/non-Madrid final destination queue)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.