Wiki Posts
Search

Add FF number (non IB) to an IB booking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2024, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
Add FF number (non IB) to an IB booking

The app / web does not allow me to add my BA FF number to an IB booking… it says “incorrect number”… when I call to the IB switchboard I get a message saying they are only taking emergencies for bookings flying today… any other way to do add the FF number? At present I can’t reserve seats for free, which is annoying…
thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2024, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: IB+ Gold, TK E+, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, IHG Diamond
Trying using the Finnair website
docsxx likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2024, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA LTP; SPG Gold
Thanks so much for the hint. I was having similar issues due to the fact that my surname sometimes has a space in it based on the agency. Somehow American Airlines has me as "De Xxxx" whereas I am usually "DeXxxx". Causes confusion in some situations. Apparently Iberian's site was confused, but Finnair's wasn't. I called Iberia a month ago and they didn't quite understand the issue so you saved me time.
Old Aug 3, 2024, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
Just to provide some closure on this thread that I created...

In the end, I called IB (still with a recorded message not to call unless it is an emergency...), waited to get connected and asked to include my BA number in the booking. The IB lady took five minutes to find the way to make it stick (a classic situation of "computer says no") but in the end she managed to do it. I thanked her and hung up. Minutes later, I could see the number in the reservation but could not still make free seating reservations. I thought, what a waste of time. One hour later, I checked again and, lo and behold, the computer allowed me to book seats for free. When I checked in later (in IB you can do it any time after booking) I saw that the boarding passes included my BA FF number with the mention "Emerald".
Old Aug 3, 2024, 7:33 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
I would recommend to get an Amadeus PNR through IB chat or WhatsApp.
Worked for me
docsxx likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2024, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by sueco6
I would recommend to get an Amadeus PNR through IB chat or WhatsApp.
Worked for me
How did you manage to do that? I can't get past the bot, and it doesn't understand what I want

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.