Wiki Posts
Search

Kingfisher a goner

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:13 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by jasepl
A friend sent me this picture; seems like someone jumped the gun when it came to oneworld :

Soon they're going to have to blacken the whole thing.
These are pictures from BUD Airport post MA bankruptcy:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

IT didn't make it to oneWorld and MA is gone, AA under Chapter 11...
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
It's hard to make money running an Airline

A sad reflection of the sad state of the world economy. That said, some models continue to work well ( budget end ), sadly KingF, Spanair, unable to compete.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimyvr
Isn't it a bit premature as well to start blaming people as if you know how to run an airline, especially in India.
It's not like the Kingfisher managers have ever had a clue either. Not surprising, since none of them had a background in the business.

That said, you're partly right, in that mismanagement is the biggest cause of the dire predicament of nearly all of the airlines of India.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:52 pm

That said, you're partly right, in that mismanagement is the biggest cause of the dire predicament of nearly all of the airlines of India.
Management has new blackmail for the Pilots.... Maybe this was the plan Keyser was talking about, asking Pilots to pay up the airline

KINGFISHER MAKES IT TOUGH FOR PILOTS TO QUIT.... DEMANDING PAYUP FOR PAST 6 MONTHS
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The woeful death of a 5-star airline. It goes to show that even good service doesn't cut it nowadays.

This is a sad goodbye to a what-could-have-been.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:41 am

First reports of Pilot strike come in

First strike reports coming in through TWITTER from @HTTWEETS @FIRSTPOSTIN

HT - Three Kingfisher flights from Delhi cancelled; pilots go on strike : reports #Kingfisher #ht

FIRSTPOST - #Kingfisher pilots skip work, 3 flights from Delhi cancelled

------------
Another news I got is their flights at Mumbai would also have a halt in fuel supply in next 24 hours!
The End seems near!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: Hilton
Originally Posted by Punjabi007

I was trying to book a flight today on IT for Dubai against there special fare of Rs 14000/- return offered in association with VIA.COM, when checked they informed me that they have exhausted all bookings with Airline and as per circular they have received from IT is to sieze all bookings 25th Onwards.
Wow you are a brave guy buying tickets as the deck chairs are shuffled.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Punjabi007
Management has new blackmail for the Pilots.... Maybe this was the plan Keyser was talking about, asking Pilots to pay up the airline

KINGFISHER MAKES IT TOUGH FOR PILOTS TO QUIT.... DEMANDING PAYUP FOR PAST 6 MONTHS
Pretty useless plan...

Staff don't need to formally quit. Just don't show up for work. The difference between quitting and getting fired right isn't particularly important... Any future employer will understand the situation.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 1:25 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Kingfisher Pilots Skip Work, 40 Flights Cancelled

Kingfisher pilots skip work, 40 flights cancelled

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/kingfishe.../238403-7.html
Several Kingfisher Airlines pilots stayed away from work on Monday over non-payment of salaries for over three months and indifferent attitude of the management leading to over 40 flights being cancelled across the country.

Kingfisher cancelled 11 flights from Mumbai and three from Delhi after pilots failed to turn up. The cash-strapped airline has also suspended operations at the Kolkata airport.

Over 20 per cent of Kingfisher flights which have already been curtailed will be hit hard. Pilots have also demanded a meeting with Kingfisher CEO Sanjay Aggawral to assure them payment of all dues. The airline maintains that it has back-up to operate flights for now.

Old Mar 12, 2012, 1:31 am

Programs: UA GS MM, Marriott Life Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Southwest Alist pref, various others of little note
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Pretty much. Kingfisher has been a goner for months now. Every one of the 50 daily news updates we get on them is just another step towards bankruptcy...

Shutting London is a pretty big move.. It's their flagship route, so I would have expected that to be the last route they cut. Maybe they're expecting to lose their A330s to repo/lease expiration soon
Maybe they'll get repo'd if they show up in London.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Pretty useless plan...

Staff don't need to formally quit. Just don't show up for work. The difference between quitting and getting fired right isn't particularly important... Any future employer will understand the situation.
You really need to get into the real world sometimes. The plan is cunning and mean and evil, effectively a way of siphoning off any signing bonuses for pilots. No formal end of contract = no hiring at another airline.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Pretty useless plan...

Says someone who's never had a job.

The difference between the two is as vast as the difference between "fact" and "opinion".

Originally Posted by Boghopper
Hahaha ! These days, fortunately, the risk of repo is everywhere, except perhaps in Cuba or North Korea or something.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:24 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Plat, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Boghopper
Good idea, as in other news (a few days old already, but still), Bank of Scotland have obtained a summary judgement againts United Breweries Ltd. for US$ 21.6 million. UB was apparently a guarantor on IT's aircraft lease for the ATRs.

This is getting pretty uncomfortable for VJM...
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:50 am

Says someone who's never had a job.

The difference between the two is as vast as the difference between "fact" and "opinion".
Quite contrary, I've had a few jobs... I've been in multiple contracts at the same time as well...

Didn't occur to me that another airline wouldn't be able to hire an ex-IT pilot until their IT contract was voided....

If that's the case, this is truly terrible. Hopefully the airline will shut down soon, so that these staff are free to go to the job of their choice... It's not like they are ever going to get their paycheck anyway...
Old Mar 12, 2012, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Stocking shelves and delivering newspapers don't count.

And it isn't restricted to Kingfisher or the airline industry.

No business will want to hire anyone who doesn't have a documented clean break from the previous employer. Whilst this may be more or a requirement in India, it is commonplace everywhere.

Originally Posted by tom tulpe
You really need to get into the real world sometimes. The plan is cunning and mean and evil, effectively a way of siphoning off any signing bonuses for pilots. No formal end of contract = no hiring at another airline.
I agree. To add to that, a lot of the recent manoeuvres seem to be leading to one result : they will wail it was beyond their control.

They will blame the pilots striking work, because they weren't paid, because the accounts were frozen, because… All the while very conveniently ignoring the fact that the freeze was precipitated because Kingfisher cheated both the exchequer and the employees (twice!) by chronically failing to pay their dues.

We could go even further back and, in searching for the true provenance of IT's troubles we will likely arrive at the day the me-too afflicted Fat One decided he needed another vanity project in the form of an airline.

He certainly seems determined to extract his pound of flesh. Although why he would want any more flesh defeats me.

Last edited by jasepl; Mar 12, 2012 at 3:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.