Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Review Thread - Air India

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 9:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Snack in C on ATQ-DEL:

ft4lyf and CappuccinoAddict like this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, QR/SQ/UK Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Wine list is pretty decent and fairly close to F level. Food is good but not close to F level. You will have a porter greet you at the jet bridge on arrival in DEL and carry your luggage to the lounge and then on to your next flight. The lounge is a far far away from F level.
What's the wine list like?
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 12:17 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Anish
What's the wine list like?
A printed AI wine list is as rare as a yeti. But pre-pandemic they did upgrade their liquor from "almost the same as J" to some slightly better. They used to have 2 reds and 2 whites but they added a few more wines... which were decently rated on Vino for whatever that's worth. Also I think they moved up to Moet from the H.Blin/Lanson. I have no idea post pandemic / Tata what they've done.. but I would be highly surprised if they've downgraded anything.

They're also offering Himalayan & Perrier to drink now. A step up from Bisleri! Tatas certainly could & should add a Sula or two....
Anish, SamirD and CappuccinoAddict like this.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 25, 2023 at 8:16 am
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
And Chivas moved from puberty to legal age... not 100% sure but things like Gordon's etc. stayed the same...
SamirD and CappuccinoAddict like this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:54 am

So I dont see the hate for Air India. Yeah my chair didnt recline that low and someones seat broke, but it was comfy, luxurious, food was awesome, and outlets worked!!
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by lendmeyourbrain
So I dont see the hate for Air India. Yeah my chair didnt recline that low and someones seat broke, but it was comfy, luxurious, food was awesome, and outlets worked!!
Because for that type of money, you get much more on other carriers.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by lendmeyourbrain
The problem isn't when everything works fine... AI is just fine (average) and in many ways better than US3 especially in Y.

The problems happen when things go wrong... and the peeing incident is a super amplification of how they f-up things. And the bigger problem is that these problems happen far too frequently with AI. Broken seats, IFEs etc. and more are far too common with AI.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Flew DEL-DXB last week & was definitely impressed with the service & food offerings. There is a marked improvement in the food. The seat was fine for a short 4 hour flight but I would choose other lie flat options if on a longer flight. I can see good things in the future for them once they get their new aircrafts in service & improve the seating on the existing ones.
SamirD likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Another report of a extensive domestic business menu:

SamirD and PiperAtGatesofDawn like this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, QR/SQ/UK Gold
Flew three AI domestic J flights this weekend after a while and the soft product was sadly very disappointing. What's more worrying is that the crew while being well meaning and attentive, seemed to lack training and refinement that a discerning traveller would expect.

I have no idea how they are going to integrate with Vistara because there is a stark difference.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Great crew and service on JFK-BOM in F. Food was decent, wines were ok. Seats were very old.

My biggest gripe is I have a long layover before connecting to BOM-SIN, which is in J, because there is no F on that route. But I’m only allowed to use the business class lounge at BOM. I’m told the departing flight has to be in F, not arriving flight. I’m not aware of any other airline that has that rule for an international connection from F to J where F is not available on the second flight. I wish I had known in advance to set my expectations.
Anish and SamirD like this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 5:44 am

Thanks for the update! Considering flying YVR-DEL in F this August, do you have any pictures of the menus? Not too much info available about AI F after the Tata takeover.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Anish
Thanks for the update! Considering flying YVR-DEL in F this August, do you have any pictures of the menus? Not too much info available about AI F after the Tata takeover.
There were no food menus but a flight attendant came around to describe what was available. I did take photos of the wine list and some of the food.

SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 12:11 am

Thanks, very helpful! Drinks menu is definitely J level and nowhere close to F standards but hopefully the overall soft product will improve once they introduce the Etihad F cabin on DEL-LHR.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 1:47 am

Crumpled table cloths, daal or gravy in a steel bowl, all the food piled in one plate and their thin gravy mixing with each other... AI F has so far to go...
Anish and SamirD like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.