Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Axis Bank Cards (Vistara, Magnus, Burgundy etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Axis Bank Cards (Vistara, Magnus, Burgundy etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2023, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
Now, there will be no bonus but an increased earning of 35 points per INR 200 after spending INR 1.5 Lacs.
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Magnus becomes interesting at 3L++ spends and even more interesting if most of these spends are on Traveledge. So you'll absolutely stand to gain from the new rules.
Looking at my transaction history from last month, I noticed that I am not getting 35 points per INR 200 after spending INR 1.5 Lacs.

On the 3rd of September I spent INR 70K on Travel Edge. Then on the 9th I spent INR 90K for a hotel stay. I had various other transactions in between but just those 2 alone took me over the spend limit. Then I spent another INR 7 Lacs over the course of the month on various other transactions. But all those transactions are only reflecting 12 points per INR 200 spent. For example, my last spend in the month of September was a transaction for INR 16,640. That got me 996 points.

None of these spends are on the exclusions list that don't earn points. Do the increased points post later like they did with the bonus points or are they supposed to post regularly like the normal points do?
Old Oct 11, 2023, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Looking at my transaction history from last month, I noticed that I am not getting 35 points per INR 200 after spending INR 1.5 Lacs.

On the 3rd of September I spent INR 70K on Travel Edge. Then on the 9th I spent INR 90K for a hotel stay. I had various other transactions in between but just those 2 alone took me over the spend limit. Then I spent another INR 7 Lacs over the course of the month on various other transactions. But all those transactions are only reflecting 12 points per INR 200 spent. For example, my last spend in the month of September was a transaction for INR 16,640. That got me 996 points.

None of these spends are on the exclusions list that don't earn points. Do the increased points post later like they did with the bonus points or are they supposed to post regularly like the normal points do?
Accelerated spends will post 45 days after the end of the calendar month. So for Sept, we will get it by 15th Nov.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Accelerated spends will post 45 days after the end of the calendar month. So for Sept, we will get it by 15th Nov.
Got it. Thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, QR/SQ/UK Gold
Have you already done this? Is it showing as 5:2 when you transfer?
I haven't yet, still on the fence whether I should move my primary banking from HDFC to Axis. Switched back to Infinia as my primary card for now, will wait and watch a bit to see how the circus unfolds.

TBH the only serious value left with Magnus is TravelEdge spends, 24 miles/100 is still unbeatable. Maybe if the Gyftr multipliers come back I'll consider opening a Burgundy account.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you already done this? Is it showing as 5:2 when you transfer?
My RM from Axis is coming to see me today. I'll get more info from him regarding the transfer ratio.
Anish likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 2:08 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Is there any relaxation in the number of points you can redeem if you get a Burgendy account?
Old Oct 13, 2023, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sweets61250
Is there any relaxation in the number of points you can redeem if you get a Burgendy account?
Magnus cardholders are limited to 500K a year. Burgundy card holders can redeem 1MM.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
My RM from Axis is coming to see me today. I'll get more info from him regarding the transfer ratio.
Anything interesting to share from your meeting? Did you get your LTF card, 5:4 etc.?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anything interesting to share from your meeting? Did you get your LTF card, 5:4 etc.?
Not yet. They wanted a cheque of INR 5 Lacs each for the 4 accounts I'm opening for my wife, kids & myself. I gave that last week. Once the funds hit the accounts I'm going to get a visit from my RM & someone from their credit card team who will run me through all the benefits. So that should happen at some point this week.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Not yet. They wanted a cheque of INR 5 Lacs each for the 4 accounts I'm opening for my wife, kids & myself. I gave that last week. Once the funds hit the accounts I'm going to get a visit from my RM & someone from their credit card team who will run me through all the benefits. So that should happen at some point this week.
But that would be 20L combined... would that qualify? Isn't it supposed to be 30L in a family account?
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But that would be 20L combined... would that qualify? Isn't it supposed to be 30L in a family account?
I believe each Burgundy account can only be opened with a minimum INR 5 Lac cheque. So that is what is required for the initial account opening. Once the account is opened then they will start the process to shift over my Citi account & the amount I'm transferring over from Citi will far exceed not just one but all criteria they require for a Burgundy account.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looking for some help in transferring miles for a potential 2 week trip to Japan towards the end of the year.

Looking for 4 tickets in either Business or Premium Economy. Currently I'm sitting on about 250K points on my Citi Prestige card which will convert to 1MM miles & around 400K Axis Reward points which will convert to 320K miles. I also have around 300K on Delta & a little over 100K miles with United. I've used 480K UA miles for an upcoming trip which I might have to cancel so if that happens then my UA mileage balance goes back up to around 600K.

I was considering JAL as a possible conversion partner for the Axis points but I'm completely unfamiliar with their program. I also heard that you can only redeem miles with them 60 days after joining. Can anyone confirm if that is true?

CX could be an option with my Citi points but I'm also not familiar with their program, having not used it for a very long time.

If anyone can suggest any other options then that would be great. Ideal departure airport would be DEL but I'm willing to fly out from any other airport if a good deal is available. Travel dates are not set in stone but would most likely be around Christmas time or just after the new year.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Looking for some help in transferring miles for a potential 2 week trip to Japan towards the end of the year.

Looking for 4 tickets in either Business or Premium Economy. Currently I'm sitting on about 250K points on my Citi Prestige card which will convert to 1MM miles & around 400K Axis Reward points which will convert to 320K miles. I also have around 300K on Delta & a little over 100K miles with United. I've used 480K UA miles for an upcoming trip which I might have to cancel so if that happens then my UA mileage balance goes back up to around 600K.

I was considering JAL as a possible conversion partner for the Axis points but I'm completely unfamiliar with their program. I also heard that you can only redeem miles with them 60 days after joining. Can anyone confirm if that is true?

CX could be an option with my Citi points but I'm also not familiar with their program, having not used it for a very long time.

If anyone can suggest any other options then that would be great. Ideal departure airport would be DEL but I'm willing to fly out from any other airport if a good deal is available. Travel dates are not set in stone but would most likely be around Christmas time or just after the new year.
Your best options for 4J would be JL & SQ. I would avoid CX.

JL generally has great availability and DEL-HND would probably run you 320k miles & about ₹1.6L for 4J return - that's pretty good value!

For JL keep 2 things in mind... the 60 day cooling period & it takes about 15 days for transfer from Axis. Since you're not flying on a partner this shouldn't affect you because JL generally has very good availability... still that's a risk.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JL generally has great availability and DEL-HND would probably run you 320k miles & about ₹1.6L for 4J return - that's pretty good value!

For JL keep 2 things in mind... the 60 day cooling period & it takes about 15 days for transfer from Axis. Since you're not flying on a partner this shouldn't affect you because JL generally has very good availability... still that's a risk.
Would I be able to search availability right away on JL or will I have to wait 60 days to do that as well?

Do they also have PE on the DEL-HND route? How many miles & taxes are required for that?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Would I be able to search availability right away on JL or will I have to wait 60 days to do that as well?

Do they also have PE on the DEL-HND route? How many miles & taxes are required for that?
You can search right away. IIRC fees & taxes is more or less the same across classes... so ROI dips when you do PE or Y. I think its 20 or 25k miles per person one way in PE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.