Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Axis Bank Cards (Vistara, Magnus, Burgundy etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Axis Bank Cards (Vistara, Magnus, Burgundy etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2024, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
The merger had plenty of things that went wrong including...
  • Messages to all customers a few days ago saying they sent a wrong bill for an old card when they hadn't
  • During the merger they proactively changed my email address to a corporate email address from 10 years ago that was never used with my current Axis account. That email id was used with a separate customer ID for a prepaid corporate card almost 10 years ago, but Axis thought that they should change my current email address in my current customer ID and I still can't change it back. So now I'm not getting my OTPs or any other communication emails from them.
  • They merged my communication & permanent to make a insane khichdi address. Thankfully that could be later changed after it error-ed out a few times.
  • Reset my MPIN to my previous MPIN. Which I found out through trial and error on my last attempt before it got locked. I have no idea how they managed to do something like this!
  • Some folks have reported their Citi banking accounts have vanished. CS has been raising plenty of tickets for this
But despite all this and more... the accounts have been working properly - transactions inward or outward, swipes etc. have all been working seamlessly - that certainly deserves a pat on Axis' back. Also, they have been keeping to their timelines as far as I can make out. I haven't faced (or heard of) any issues with any around this. Now hopefully they'll migrate the points over correctly.

Then we will all be at Axis' mercy in 3 months time when they deval Olympus.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jul 15, 2024 at 6:37 pm
Old Jul 15, 2024, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I am in general mighty impressed with how will Axis handled the migration. I was a lil concerned about transactions over the weekend but they worked like a charm.

The only things that didn't work for me were
1) card payment thru cred or HDFC net banking (using Axis IFSC), but was able to pay thru Axis app this morning (freecharge gateway using HDFC net banking). The app logged me out right after I entered OTP (I panicked a lil but got an sms in 5-7 mins confirming the payment
2) The app keeps logging me out every min or so
Old Jul 16, 2024, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
  • Some folks have reported their Citi banking accounts have vanished. CS has been raising plenty of tickets for this
All my Citi accounts transferred over except for my younger son's account. My RM is following up on that.

But despite all this and more... the accounts have been working properly - transactions inward or outward, swipes etc. have all been working seamlessly - that certainly deserves a pat on Axis' back. Also, they have been keeping to their timelines as far as I can make out. I haven't faced (or heard of) any issues with any around this. Now hopefully they'll migrate the points over correctly.
Everything else working for me as well. I'm surprised the process was so seamless. I was not expecting this from Axis.

Then we will all be at Axis' mercy in 3 months time when they deval Olympus.
I'm expecting a deval as well but probably around March next year. Have a large chunk of points that will transfer over from Prestige. Once their systems are back online I'm planning on transferring over as much as they will allow me.
Old Jul 16, 2024, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
ERs, EMs, Traveledge and points transfers are all working now.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jul 16, 2024 at 12:15 pm
Old Jul 16, 2024, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Traveledge and points transfers is up and working.
It won't give me an option to transfer 'EDGE Reward Points'. In my summary it shows that I have over 200K points but then on the next line my 'Magnus Burgundy' balance is only 24.

'EDGE Miles' are displaying correctly.
Old Jul 16, 2024, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
It won't give me an option to transfer 'EDGE Reward Points'. In my summary it shows that I have over 200K points but then on the next line my 'Magnus Burgundy' balance is only 24.

'EDGE Miles' are displaying correctly.
That's the MB & AEP issue. Again you'll have to zero it out. So either add more ERs or send them an email to manually transfer.

Also everybody who has multiple EM sources should be aware that the the EM total is very misleading because different EM buckets will transfer in different ratios. eg: Atlas 1:2 & Olympus 1:4.
Old Jul 16, 2024, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's the MB & AEP issue. Again you'll have to zero it out. So either add more ERs or send them an email to manually transfer.
24 points left so can't transfer any more. Have sent them an email & asked my RM to follow up.
Old Jul 19, 2024, 2:20 pm

FWIW, I did my first test transfer to United (just 500 miles to test). The miles showed up in my United account in 1 day.

​​I like United MP coz the miles don't expire and there are no cancellation fees for award tickets (Our vacation plans tend to be very flaky)
Old Jul 27, 2024, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Olympus and probably all other Axis folks... check if your transfer cap limits & balance remaining. I found my Olympus Category A showing capping of 150k which was correct but only 145k balance remaining... where I've not made a single transfer out.

I got this response from Axis today - "I regret to inform you that we are facing a rare operational error in the Travel Edge portal. we assure you that the concerned team is working on the same and is expected to be resolved by 31-07-2024 tentatively". Rare error.

A/B balances for all my other cards are reflecting correctly. I had to manually total them.
Old Jul 27, 2024, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got this response from Axis today - "I regret to inform you that we are facing a rare operational error in the Travel Edge portal. we assure you that the concerned team is working on the same and is expected to be resolved by 31-07-2024 tentatively". Rare error.
It's rare when they don't have an error. I still can't transfer any EDGE reward points since their 'rare error' is showing my Magnus Burgundy balance as only 24 points even though my EDGE balance is over 200K.
Old Jul 27, 2024, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
It's rare when they don't have an error. I still can't transfer any EDGE reward points since their 'rare error' is showing my Magnus Burgundy balance as only 24 points even though my EDGE balance is over 200K.
Make sure the partner is linked. Prior to migration a lot of these links randomly vanished and reappeared (sometimes). Then send an email to TE to manually transfer. Takes about 3-4 days usually.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 8:35 pm

How do I book 3rd night free for Olympus (hotels.com)

Do I have to call in or is there an easier online way to do so?
Old Jul 29, 2024, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Do I have to call in or is there an easier online way to do so?
You have to call or email.... get a code & booking link... make the booking & payment... email the transaction details to Axis... it's a fun process.
Old Jul 30, 2024, 2:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, QR/SQ/UK Gold
With the Mastercard variant - "The cardholder will receive a rebate in the form of a statement credit for the 3 rd Night within 2 billing cycles (up to 90 days) from completion of full payment at point of booking. The value of the statement credit to be received is based on the average nightly room rate of the first four-night stay in the same hotel property."

You might be able to double stack this with Accor HERA/Virtuoso etc 4th night free and potentially get 2 nights free on a 4 night stay.
Old Jul 30, 2024, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Make sure the partner is linked. Prior to migration a lot of these links randomly vanished and reappeared (sometimes). Then send an email to TE to manually transfer. Takes about 3-4 days usually.
I did that last week. The transfer finally went through today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.